game crash

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
rusudan

game crash

Post by rusudan »

several times I got this when I tp'ed to town

Image[/img]
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

That's unusual. Give more info, and try the classic D1 and see if it crashes when you use TP. I personally don't think it's the TP, cause everybody uses it and it's not a common issue, but i don't know how the game works so can't really help.
rusudan

Post by rusudan »

my color theme is broken in diablo1 and hellfire can't really play that

overall it happened about 3 times over the last few days (made tp clicked it to go town and as I entered game crashed+got this error)

seems pretty random and it's not really a big deal except first time it happened when I was about to kill diablo on normal with my rogue. was annoyed because i spent a lot of time clearing everything and then as I stocked on potions/elixirs ready to go for diablo my tp crashed the game
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

You can fix the color issues, from .exe's Properties by changing compatibility and other stuff, same thing you do for most old games basically. And out of curiosity i googled OpenAL to see that it's about and i found out it handles sound. If you get more of these random crashes try running the game without sound. It's just an uneducated guess, hopefully someone else who's more computer savvy will come with a better explanation or fix for this.