Book of the Blind Crash

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
blackk9

Book of the Blind Crash

Post by blackk9 »

Hello.

This is a recurring problem that I seem to come across, I don't know if it's my own copy of Diablo doing it, though.

Every time I go to click on the Book of the Blind to begin the Halls of the Blind quest my game crashes.

It freezes for a good 5-8 mins and then just crashes with the message "unknown error."

On my normal version, without the mod, the game will repeat the audiofile of the first few lines.

"I can see what you see not, vision milky then eyes r- not, vision milky then eyes r- not, vision milky then eyes r- not" until the game crashes and gives me the error of "Warning - Critical error: Cyclical script detected."

Is there a way to fix this? I'd like to know because it puts a major damper on the game if I can't complete, or even start a quest without the game crashing.

I run a Windows 8.1, so I don't even know if it's my computer doing this.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

As long as the dialogue repeats it's clear that your Diablo copy is the problem, and since the mod only requires 1 file from original game (diabdat.mpq) i've uploaded it for you: CENSORED

Make a new folder, put the diabdat.mpq and the files downloaded from the official site http://diablo1.ovh.org/hd/?download so you have the mod separate from original Diablo, that's it, enjoy playing the mod.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

DacianDraco, link to diabdat.mpq is not allowed.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

:( Sorry, i didn't knew but i'll remember from now on.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Im really sorry to hear that youre haveing such an issue mate, but i do gotta say this made me laugh a bit. Seeing the title i thought you discovered a new spellbook that i havent heard of in game yet! : D