Attributes

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Doubtful

Attributes

Post by Doubtful »

What exactly does the attributes give? do they differ from class to class?
Please this is crucial info i need to know.

STR:

MAGIC:

DEX:

VIT:
BoCHa

Post by BoCHa »

STR: Increases melee attack damage and used mostly for heavy armor and two-handed weapons.

MAGIC: Increases maximum mana, increases mana potions effectivness and used to magi items like staves and books.

DEX: Increases chance to hit enemies and to use rogue items as bows.

VIT: Increases maximum life and health potion effectivness.

I think that's it. :roll:
Let's play it like LAN PARTY xD~
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Well i am working on this for the docs (of Belzebub), and yes they differ on each class, and i believe in some cases the hard points also differ from the soft points you have. Right now there is some info in the docs but it's incomplete, it should take me 1 more week to complete the Character pages, if i am diligent. This is because i want to level all characters to clvl 38 without spending any attribute points (and eating the Spectral Elixir/Symbol of the Abandoned God) and then see how stats affect everything, skills included. Right now i have the Warrior and Rogue done and the Sorcerer is over halfway done, rest will follow next week.

And i don't believe there is a difference in how attributes increase your other stats in Tchernobog (compared to Belzebub which i am working with), but i may be wrong since i only played it just a bit, out of curiosity, and ultimately only the devs know for sure.

Also as a general idea it's best to spend the points into the attribute that boosts your skills, like STR for Warrior and Barbarian, DEX for Rogue and Assassin, MAG for Sorcerer, VIT for Necromancer.

@BoCHa Your assessment is incomplete, for ex both STR and DEX affect Physical Damage (missiles included, not just melee), STR also increases Critical Damage, DEX also increases Armor Class, MAG increases % to Hit of Spells, and i'm probably forgetting some other things. But once i'm done testing all info will be in the docs.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

@BoCHa

Sorry but this is exactly what i dont like in ANY game (incomplete/wrong information). Im not retarded i know what STR does in most cases. But this is the exact reason i ask to learn FOR SURE what STR and the rest of attributes do on each class.

@DacuabDraco

Man you also develop Belzebub?
What u mean hard points and soft points? i dont really get this.

You say attributes cant differ fron Tchernobog to Belzebub but how can that be said with certainty if you for example change attribute functioning on one mod and those changes never implemented on the other mod?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

No, i'm only doing the documentation. BrightLord or Noktis could tell you for sure, but they are also busy with other things.

By Hard Points i mean the ones you spend (like the 5 you gain per level up) and Soft Points are the ones found on your gear.

Belzebub/Tchernobog is the same project basically. Work has stopped on Belzebub and on Tchernobog it is suspended, but they both have same developer and since the setup worked good in Belzebub i assumed it's the same in Tchernobog. I stated this is what i believe and ultimately only the devs know for sure if they changed.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

I really like doing my own builds and staff like that so this kind of infos are important to me. Anway man.

Thanks again for your time and i hope we see accurate infos on attributes as soon as possible.
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

Dexterity increases the speed of the arrows of the Rogue. Not to be confused with the rate of fire.