The Terror Domain (normal) way over tuned?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Tirpitz721

Post by Tirpitz721 »

Cool thanks for the info guys.
Daimoth

Post by Daimoth »

As soon as I saw that teleport hadn't been removed or janked up I knew my first toon would be a Sorcerer. I made that timer my bitch.
Tirpitz721

Post by Tirpitz721 »

So I took some time off for the D3 season, and in 14 days did everything worth doing, so now I'm back to the grind. Unfortunately I've hit a wall. I've got to level 1 of Hell in Nightmare, but pretty sure this is my limit with my current gear. Which is exactly the same as it was in the first post.

I can't take out the Warlord of Blood yet, he is a bit too tough for me. Though the EXP is really good on level 13, if I run into Fleshdoom I just re-make the game. Which is totally fine, as I feel I am under geared for this content.

My question is, where is a good place to farm?

Like I said I'm in NM and have access to level 1-13.

Is MF really worth it? I can get to about 120%-ish MF, but take a massive hit in DPS and survivability. Which forces me to farm lower levels of NM if I were to go that route.

I've watched a few videos of a guy farming the chests in the Lost Treasure quest, but I can't seem to get there without eating it, even with Teleport. Though it looks like a good spot. I've tried walking to them but the Boss Snakes mess me up. My DPS is seriously lacking.

Would the Chamber of Bone Chests be a solid place to farm? I'm looking for Demon Machine Crossbow, not sure what level I need to be for it to drop. Though I did get a book of Apoc from the caves, was surprised.

I keep watching the vids by TH8il to keep me inspired, dude has some killer gear.

Anyway any good farming spots you could share would be great, thanks.
Daimoth

Post by Daimoth »

I'm still kind fo figuring that out myself. Just now peeking into level 13. Nightmare enemies swing so damn fast that if anything manages to touch you, you get stun locked to death - can't run away, teleport, anything. This implies that the class is meant to be a glass cannon; purely offensive, so I've been experimenting with efficiency and different spells.

Unfortunately, my big AoE's are still relatively low level, so I'm still using Lightning, Frost Blast, and Guardian pretty liberally. Guardian is starting to get outclassed by enemies though, meaning I'll either have to start seeking spell damage affixes and/or crafting more.

Managed to find an Eye of Etlich and an Angel's staff, but the spell levels did virtually nothing for me.

Another big change I made was looking for +str stuff, in addition to resistances and +mag affixes. This massively increased my gear options, and allows me to use various uniques as stopgaps.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

@Daimoth I think you play a sorcerer, so if you play another character than Tirpitz721's rogue make a separate topic and i'll give you some pointers. If not and you also play a rogue read on.

@Tirpitz721 Needler and shield is not a good option where you are now, better find a good rare bow, easiest to get and good are Hunter or Razor (Tier 2 Hunter) because these have fastest attack speed, and have them with some +damage, + (element) damage and mana leach, if possible more + attack speed and even knockback to push back enemies. You can use better bows but try to have their attack time as close to or under 300 for good results that stunlock enemies. In crowded areas buff with PIERCING SHOTS and spam MULTIPLE SHOT, use GUIDED ARROW+TELEPORT against those Hasted monsters that you can't aim perfectly and also to scout corners (or just scrolls of INFRAVISION) so you don't get at close range with foes, which you should never be with a rogue. And SIGHTLESS EYE against bosses because of it's massive damage or if you are in a good angle still use MULTIPLE SHOT but aim further behind the monster so that the arrows don't spread close to you and multiple arrows hit the same target. GOLEM is crucial to hold monsters still so always summon one in front of you so he agroes mobs. And also use STONE CURSE when you have unique monsters, it is instant and works on all monsters except quest bosses, which are all immune to it. INSANITY is also good for your attack speed but it negates it afetr a few seconds so use it just to finish target off and after it wait for the negative effect to pass. And SACRIFICE to boost damage if you are out of danger, preferably with some life leach so that you don't lose life points.
Tirpitz721

Post by Tirpitz721 »

My defensives are ok, not stellar but ok. Maxed resists, save cold which is 58%. I kinda knew picking a ranged class it would be a glass cannon. So I try not to get into melee range, and picked resits over armor since ranged spells are hard to avoid when a bunch of mobs are casting. Arrows on the other hand are a PITA, they wreck me. I kinda avoid the Catacombs because of this, Goatmen and Skeletal Archers are the bane of my existence. That being said, if I find my self in melee range I usually go down quick when they start stun locking me. I'm sure faster hit recovery would be great for this.

I've been looking for STR based item since the start since many bows require STR, and I've dumped every point into DEX.

Have you tried Golem? My level 3 Golem is ok for tanking trash, bosses not so much. It seems he is a bit stronger in NM than in Normal. He goes down fast against Poison or Lightning enchanted, but he can take a few melee hits.

I was wondering if item level is tied to monster level. That being said is there a way to check the monster level? The crossbow I am searching for is req. level 26, not sure if farming the Chamber of Bone chests would be worth it or not.

@DacianDraco
I have literally found no bow that is even close to the DPS of the Needler, my luck has been horrible. My other bow is normal attack speed, it hits harder, but much less often. I know I need an upgrade in this slot, but really my question is; where is the most optimal place to farm?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I have learned just 1 level of GOLEM (because i want to get to clvl 60 with just 1 level of all spells and see how they all increase and put it in the docs) and i have +2 Spell Levels on amulet so yes i have level 3 GOLEM and always used it, just to confuse enemies, summon him behind your target so the boss turns on him (if the distance is less than the distance to get to you). And of course against enchanted elite/unique he is gone fast (like any character) but you just need him to keep monsters away from chasing you, not to tank.

And trust me, the only good stat the Needler has is + Attack Speed, and it's better to do less damage and hit faster with a rare bow, if you can Stunlock them it's all good and you can only do this with higher speed, that's why i recommended it. Also Critical Chance and Damage (also found on jewelry) will take care of DPS even if the bow has low damage. A good War Bow is one that has +30 Attack Speed, if not just use the fastest one you have.

And yes, the Lost Tresure chests are your best option for farming now, i understand you are set on that Hand Crosbow but you will have an easier time now if you just get a faster bow. Magic Find also helps with quality of items, meaning better stats on rares, not just unique instead of rare, so gear up with Magic Find and train your muscle memory to Teleport to those Lost Tresure chests, and gulp Full Mana potions on the way. Chamber of Bone chests is inferior at this stage but if you can do it more comfortably give it a try, thou Teleport to Lost Tresure chests is faster IMO.
Tirpitz721

Post by Tirpitz721 »

I know the Needler is crap ;+)

I'm not set on anything really, it's just the Demon Machine was talked about on this thread.

If I found a better bow, trust me, I'd be using it.

I guess I will try to get the Lost Treasure method down. Will do trial runs on normal to get the pathing down correct.

My Golem is level three via having a magic set of items to equip. I will hold off on the quest upgrades as well.

My neck is the Mana leech neck from the Maiden of Anguish quest. No where near enough leech to sustain any of the abilities yet, due to low damage.

I will keep trudgeing along. Thanks.
Daimoth

Post by Daimoth »

@DacianDraco Done-zo.