Will Tchernobog add new content?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Daimoth

Will Tchernobog add new content?

Post by Daimoth »

The big feature is clearly the multiplayer - which is amazing. Will Tchernobog add new content as well?

Edit: having read around, it seems Tch will be simply a continuation of Belzebub, with the bookend being the addition of multiplayer.
Conventicle

Post by Conventicle »

I would really like to see the Hive added, but as far as priorities, getting everything to the level of Belzebub is even taking long. Also there is no way to really meet people online and play the mod with them which i would like to see.
Daimoth

Post by Daimoth »

The hive is fine and all, but the crypt is my favorite tileset in either Diablo or Hellfire. The monk is perhaps the most deserving addition, though. When monks are brought up people immediately bring up concerns of balance, which does not make sense to me. Everything in this mod is carefully rebalanced and retooled, why would monks be an exception?
BoCHa

Post by BoCHa »

if any you guys wanna play just PM me that will host via hamachi
Let's play it like LAN PARTY xD~
danielson

Post by danielson »

In Tchernobog's readme:

"Mod in current state is complete in 60%.
Things that are not yet implemented:
- Quest systems
- Event systems
- Special game objects"

You can expect these like that they wrote. This technical preview version is already a biiiig surprise, now you come and want them to tell you the other surprises that are yet to be implemented. But then they wouldn't be surprises, would they? So what if the Hive, the Crypt, the Monk character etc related to Hellfire are not implemented? Though, those dragon-like undeads, the Warp spell etc are implemented from the Hellfire already so it's possible that they will implement more from it...

I also don't really understand why people started 'suggestions' topics in the Belzebub forum in the first place, when none of the developers asked for it. Think about it, when they started this whole HD project with the Belzebub first, they started it without their own ideas? I doubt it.

They put so much time and energy in it already and so let them finish it in a month, in a year or in years, AND WHEN THE DEVELOPERS FINISHED IT, they may open a topic for suggestions in the Tchernobog forum and then we can bombard them with all our suggestions!
Daimoth

Post by Daimoth »

Alrighty then.

New features are far more complicated to implement when you're working with bytecode, of course. It's not as if anyone has the src. That said, making a suggestion isn't the same as saying what's there is bad, or inadequate.

After my initial playthrough, there weren't even that many I could make, it felt very feature complete and smooth - a series of straightforward improvements on the original game. My biggest want is an "Identify All" feature.
danielson

Post by danielson »

By "Identify All" feature did you mean this? A cool thing indeed.
Martim

Post by Martim »

concerning hellfire content: brightlord once said that in the future he intends to use hellfire tile sets for his own purpuses. "Malignant purpuses" was the expression if i'm not mistaken. :D
I don't know about monk class.

About suggestions: when they released tchernobog, they said it was not time time for suggestions yet, because there are more important things to do before that.
Daimoth

Post by Daimoth »

Is that functionality from Tch, danielson? In any case, very cool. Seems the devs are a step (or two) ahead of us.

But yeah, I understand they're not open to suggestions while still hammering out core functionality. This definitely wasn't intended to be a suggestions thread.

I've played quite a few mods, from retreads to overhauls. Belzebub may be the best so far. In many ways, it just feels like this is the way Diablo should have always been.
danielson

Post by danielson »

Yes, it's from the Tchernobog 0.093 version (the latest).

Well, I love both Diablo 1 and 2 and I never expected myself that after playing The Hell mod for quite some time, I will be interested in another mod again.
radicool

Post by radicool »

I also don't really understand why people started 'suggestions' topics in the Belzebub forum in the first place, when none of the developers asked for it. Think about it, when they started this whole HD project with the Belzebub first, they started it without their own ideas? I doubt it.
I have to disagree. I'm an indie game developer, and I love to hear feedback about the game and updates I make. I'm open to suggestions on what to add or how to do things better. As long as nobody is demanding or being rude, I don't mind what feedback or grace they offer.