Want to play togehter?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Teriodis

Want to play togehter?

Post by Teriodis »

Hello

Icq 677953956

Tunngel: teriodis

Tunngel Channel: ^^ Diablo the Awakening Mod ^^

thanks
Dufkor

Post by Dufkor »

BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Is game playable with high latency? Like between continents. Because it currently uses some temporary solutions for many synchronization aspects that aren't good at all.
Martim

Post by Martim »

I'm from Brazil and I played briefly (because I was having problems with my modem) with Teriodis from germany, but for me, the hoster, was like single player. Teriodis said that it was laggy, I don't know if he tried with anyone else.

This leads me to a question: is the game tchernobog by itself a little laggy even on single player? Or my computer dosen't handle the game?
Teriodis

Post by Teriodis »

i have to try with a ohter german guy but is dosent work we dont found a game....
radicool

Post by radicool »

I've only played on LAN (we're both in the same house) and the game runs flawlessly. A couple of rare hiccups but thats it. I have no1 to play with from far away to test this latency concern sorry.
Dufkor

Post by Dufkor »

I'm from Brasil too, if some one here or out the country wanna play just let me know.

My skype: hev1990
danielson

Post by danielson »

About multiplayer host and join what I experienced so far with more computers (I have a slow wifi internet: 1 Mbit/s ↓ and 0.125Mbit/s ↑) and only on Tunngle that I COULD join and play:

- When a player hosts a game, then that game's latency will be like single player ONLY for that host's player (like Martim wrote), unless the joining players have super internet I think or I don't know.

- I played mostly with Teriodis and Stahlhagel from Germany and with Stahlhagel as a host (he is the host with the best latency so far for me) the latency was like 10-20 ms.

- About between continents there was one specific game to mention with 2 other players. I don't remember their names but one of them was from Brasil I think and the other one from Korea and I'm from Hungary. We tested who had the best connection and the Brasil one had. When I joined his game it was a yellow-colored latency mostly around 120-150 ms. It was quite a good and enjoyable game (I played with Barbarian, the Brasil too and the Korean with Assassin).
The other ones (not much) were with 1-2 Koreans I think, I joined their games and those was badder yellow-colored latency ones.
The rest I had good game with them with like 30-70 ms (don't remember where were they from).

Now I'm curious about what Constance wrote that is in the Tchernobog readme "How to play over Internet". If you think about it logically that would be the fastest connection method, since Tunngle and even Hamachi takes some from your internet bandwidth and that would be the best for those who has slow internet like me.
I am receiving the wifi internet directly through an USB adapter (TL-WN722N) from my internet service provider, I don't use router so I don't need port forwarding (can't even do that, tried with Tunngle's UPnP use or I don't know).
Did somebody try this method and compared it with the Tunngle and Hamachi that which is the fastest?
I would like to try this method and play with somebody/somebodies as I will be a joining player (or even hoster since I only have to give you my internet ip? on the page like http://www.whatsmyip.org/ but it will be slow...), so if it's okay with you then pm me or pick me on skype: danielsonbarma

Greets
LalaRama

Post by LalaRama »

hi
jakob_lundberg @ skype for playing =)
danielson

Post by danielson »

Okay, I tried that method that I mentioned with Martim (we both get the wifi internet directly with usb adapter, no firewall, no router) and it didn't work. I guess I need to do something else too in order to get that method work (not just checking my internet ip and that's it). Did anyone try that method?
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Host player may also need to add exception (both public and private) to firewall in system for game program. It's in windows 8 control panel. Don't know about other systems.