Possible bugs?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Johnwax

Possible bugs?

Post by Johnwax »

Two possible bugs - First, I have never found the Butcher on level 1. Second, re Wirt's quest - the Butcher's Chamber - Wirt gives the quest backwards, but it lis essentially to cast the Town Portal spell when in the Chamber. I found what looks to be the Chamber on level 2 and cast the spell. Nothing happened.

Second (unrelated) question - when can yuou start crafting? I have a level 21 sorceror and the recipe for a superior sorceror's belt, but I can't craft. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Constance

Post by Constance »

First, I have never found the Butcher on level 1
Because it's not where he's supposed to be, not even on vanilla. I think even in the pre-release demo it was already in level 2.
I found what looks to be the Chamber on level 2 and cast the spell. Nothing happened.
OK, then it's weird. It should open a red portal. Are you sure you didn't cast the spell from a scroll and while walking? I noticed spells might not cast in that context.
Second (unrelated) question - when can yuou start crafting?
Once you have retrieved the Anvil of Fury.
An anvil may appear next to Griswold before that (once you've brought him the heaven stone, if I remember right) but you won't be able to use it yet.
Johnwax

Post by Johnwax »

Thanks for both answers. Turns out there is a bug. Got the red portal when I used a spell, but no portal when I use a scroll. Thanks again .