Suggestion - if you have time

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Ogodei

Suggestion - if you have time

Post by Ogodei »

Hello :) I would like to ask if it is possible to enhance the Revive skill of the Necromancer. It's quite frustrating to see that monsters get revived, last nothing and act by their own. i would suggest some things to improve that skill , such as removing the timer and making the revived follow you (even in town, like skeletons). As a counter, you could be able to raise a lesser number of monsters. MP should be quite hard while playing at the maximum difficulty (i didn't try it yet, i'm still at normal), therefore i don't think this will unbalance the necromancer's class... what do you think about it?
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

It's something that should be done but it's impossible without changing much of already tested code.
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

Oh, I see then. Even the timer-related thing? it could be nice to have at least a bunch of permanent (but lesser in number) more minions :) it would help a lot, for the moment, if you cannot make them follow the necromancer.

Also, another (possibily) gameplay-balancing suggestion : I never tested it, but i think that four necromancers would raise tons of minions, making a very huge army. Could you set it so that the number of skeletons/revived summonable by a necromancer gets calibrated on the total number of players in the current game session?

P.s : in order to keep balance between classes and in the general gameplay, I think that champion-like monsters should remain timed, if this is possible without too much effort :)