Necromancer vs Diablo

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wormek

Necromancer vs Diablo

Post by Wormek »

Hello, I'm starting to think about main fight against Diablo, on normal. I guess he kills my sceletons as he uses powerful spells so my minions are useless. Any tips for necromancer who doesn't have his last skill yet? Does holy bolt hurt him?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I have had the same difficulty defeating Diablo on Normal through Nightmare, currently trying to attack him on Hell. Each case, I have had to just slug it out with very fast melee weapon and as many healing pots as I could carry. On Hell, my problem is that I run out of time clearing the other three chambers before I can slug it out again with the dark lord. I waste a lot of time with the spawns of summoned terrorfiends and skeleton archers in the first chamber.
preston

Post by preston »

Best play for necromancer is play like mage, plus minions :). Go for high lvl spell lightning, use teleport and diablo is piece of cake.
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

Or find Guardian staff and spam it , you can kill it this way with 0 dmg :P
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

But using guardian staff I can stay in front of Diablo and keep him on some distance (still running away) or just hide behind the wall and then spam guardians on him? How many guardians will I have to use? I have got this spell on 2nd level only ;x

preston, I haven't found teleport book yet, but it takes so much mana points that I wouldn't use it too many times. I think it's sorcerer's tactic. I don't know if minions is good tactic on him, maybe when I revive some mag, because sceletons will die in a moment.

Ugily, I'd like to see killing Diablo by standing next to him and just hit, but I think it's too risky and too impossible for my poor necromancer xd
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Ah yes. I forgot about spam Guardian and Teleport to wear Diablo down for the kill. I was able to craft a Conjurers Staff of Guardian with 96 charges and other benefits.

At this point in the game, level 45 heading to 50, I will play a few levels with set items for something different, but mostly when trying to advance all equipment I use is crafted.
pavlp

Post by pavlp »

I have necromancer at level 50. Maybe I can help you.

On normal difficulty I killed diablo using guardian spell and teleport. The skeletons are too weak. Maybe, because I give points to magic instead vitality in my character build.

On nightmare difficulty I killed diablo using skeletons and bone spirit spell. The battle wasn't tough.

On hell difficulty I killed diablo using skeletons, bone spirit spell and staff for reducing enemy magic resistance (about 22%).

Now I am on level 14 in hell on torment difficulty and don't have idea how to kill diablo for now. I dont fight in melee, more spells.
For first boss on diablo-level the corpse-explosion with reanimate spells are very effective.
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

Thank you for advices Pavlp :)
Wham

Post by Wham »

I don't see any advantage to the necromancer so far. The summons arn't powerful enough to deal with enemys in appropriate level range, and they stay in the way while being vulnerable to friendly fire. It's probably just a bad choice right now. I think, instead of making new classes, it may have been better to alter the existing ones a little more. For example: Rogue should have melee capabilities based on dex; warrior should get a % strength bonus and magic penalty as well as free skills(not mana intensive); the sorc should just be given summoning capabilities that use mana or life depending on the character's ratio, maybe a monk or bard class?. Maybe the use of 2 small weapons could be added to the rogue instead of making a bard or assasin class? Just some ideas. :idea:
Crypt

Impossible to beat diablo with necro (normal difficulty)

Post by Crypt »

I tried everything, guardian+teleport, lightning+teleport, minions die in a second, golem too, and when diablo uses portals is much more complicated, really, i don't know what to do at this point, recomendations? is frustrating...

thank u
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

We don't know what advice to give in your case since you're not the topic starter, so if you want help you should specify the difficulty you are on, your character level, how to spent attributes and even gear. Putting some screenshots is easier than writing all of this down.

And if it's on normal difficulty as the OP was i don't see why it's so hard, about 2 weeks ago without spending any attribute points i took him down in melee, all rare gear, i had a flail and on jewelry faster hit recovery and str+dex for damage. And i've positioned myself south of him and hit up, sometimes he knocked me back and frozen a bit but it's no biggie, i've always kept summoning skeletons so that he turns on them as i get up to hit him again, i had about 7 if i recall correctly and they were there just to distract him and take his attacks off of me, i did the damage. You can still use skeletons as distraction with spells, Guardian is probably best you have at this time, and you just need the skeletons to keep Diablo still.
Crypt

Post by Crypt »

DacianDraco here's my equipment atm.

my skeletons are useless, diablo uses 2 times apocalypse and they're blowed, golem too, tried tu use guardian/lightning with teleport and failed too...
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Wow, you took actual pictures, next time just press print screen on keyboard and you will have a bmp screenshot in your game's directory to upload.

Anyway, your weapon is tres bon and armor is ok for the - damage, but that's about it, rest is terrible gear, your resistance are good but your defense is sub par. I think it's best to play caster now, so focus on finding some gear that gives +Magic (damage) and +Mana.

And take this picture as example of how you should place your Guardians. You want Diablo to walk along the red line back and forth and get hit by Guardians, and you just have to teleport on each side of the wall and cast more Guardians while letting him get as close to you as you can before jumping on the other side, so he keeps walking into Guardian missiles as much as possible.
Crypt

Post by Crypt »

It worked!!! Thank you ver much! Nightmare started...
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

Ii worked for me too, necromancer lvl 28 just teleport and guardians