BUG in black mushroom quest

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Fragorff

BUG in black mushroom quest

Post by Fragorff »

then, I was doing this quest (BLACK MUSHROOM), and I did not know what to do, I took the fungal take, and started the quest, but before you go looking for the mushroom, I restarted the game, and have been searching WHAT had to do, but when I came back, I could not do the quest, because I did not find any mushroom at level 9, and reseted 3x to search and nothing, so I'm thinking that the quest lock if you leave after that catch the fungal take because the black mushroom no longer appears after that. From what I saw, the black mushroom should be at level 9 right? If my mistake, please excuse me
theon

Post by theon »

There is no a bug with this quest. Trust me.
When i play my necro on torment iam a restart game about ten times and didnt found it. Many players have trouble with this quest.
Mushroom usually are hidden 'behind' walls, and was invisible for player.
Tips that was help me:
a) lower resolution. Mushroom sprite and color are hard to see, combine it with higher rosulution + corpses of monster + items + gold and it very hard to found. So i recommend to temporary use 640x480 or 800x600 resolution.
b) move mouse cursor behind the walls.
c) check slowly

Good luck

BTW - i really hate this quest :-P
"Keep smiling, visitor. Life is brief and so is glory, but death is forever."
riesa

Post by riesa »

About this quest... Yes, it's pain in the ass. But afaik it's still easier to do than in vanilla Diablo. Only harder thing is to find mushroom patch. It's ONLY in dlvl9 (i believe that in normal D1 COULD be on dlvl10... maybe i'm wrong) but it's usually in any kind of corners that you encounter on map. You need to be patient and precise in searching for this with your cursor. But after that any other 'unique' mob will drop for you Demon Brain. I believe that only random ones droped it in vanilla, so...

There was a post in suggestion topic about mushroom patch to be visible with hitting ALT key... we'll se in the future where it will go ;p
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Or the mushroom pile could be placed with some free terrain around it (1 tile in each direction), just like some bigger quest-related things are (for example Island of the sunless sea enterance). This would mean shrooms couldnt hide behind the walls completely like they do now.