I accidentally deleted all my gold

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
naggert

I accidentally deleted all my gold

Post by naggert »

Hehe so ehm. I was taking a backup of my save games and wanted to restore it a few minutes later.
I deposited all my gold in the shared box.

Next time I logged on, I got the error "a duplicate item have been found"

Sadly, even if I restore the oldest save, I am unable to find the gold again. It seems to be gone.

Is there a way to restore it? I had 500.000 gold saved up :/
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

Just play some more.
Gold is basically meaningless on higher difficulty levels, especially if you'll equip ( either purposely or accidentaly ) some items that increase gold find.

You'll literally stop picking it up.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Gold only value is to repair equipment, recharge staff charges, and potions. There are few useful items from the town vendors. However... once you get into crafting you can use your huge cache of gold to gamble items to melt into crafting gems. Every once in a while you can get a decent rare or set item from gambling.
naggert

Post by naggert »

Hm I thought it was more vital. Well, thanks a lot
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Gold economy should be adjusted to be more balanced in future releases. After all, this is a perpetual beta. Focus seems to have been on balance of playability, bug fixes, and releasing all of the hidden original Diablo 1 content. There will probably be in the future, additional balancing of class abilities, spells, gold, equpment, etc. Who knows, only the devs and the alpha testing gods know the way.

Just continue to give good feedback, bug reports, suggestions and the divine devs and mods may release something in the near or far future. In the meanwhile, have fun.