Difference between warrior and barbarian?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Motoko1

Difference between warrior and barbarian?

Post by Motoko1 »

Besides no magic on barbarian which makes it so that i dont really want to bother... buying town portal scrolls constantly is annoying as hell.

Does barbarian only use axe and warriors always use shields? or can warriors do well with axes/two handed weapons?
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

Look at class skills , they're a lot different (except cleave).
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
Motoko1

Post by Motoko1 »

Where can i see all of hte class skills?
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

In the current publicly available build you are basically correct in saying that there is little difference between a barbarian and a warrior. Their skills and playstyles are very similar though I believe the original intent was for barbarians to use slow 2-Handed weapons while warriors stick with the classic sword/board combo. In practice, both warrior and barbarian usually end up leaning towards sword/shield as the 2-Handed options simply arent competing well.

Brightlord has shown us a few videos showcasing the new barbarian (and his whirlwind ability which looks awesome) and intent to make 2 Handed play much more natural for barbarians. At the same time he has also expressed that he is looking to alter the warrior skillset as well, presumably to continue in the sword/board tradition.

We simply must wait for a playable release of Tchernobog to see these new developments. If you are new to the forum and the mod, then you've come at an awkward time and may feel like development is frozen. Indeed, development on Belzebub is stopped and has shifted to the multiplayer version of the project codenamed "Tchernobog". It can be frustrating, but we are all at the same point of simply waiting for news on the new project.
Motoko1

Post by Motoko1 »

Honestly if i invest a ton of time in single player now since mplayer isnt available ill probably never bother with mplayer.

I did the opposite in the hell, never bothered with single player.