Character guides & hints

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
baboun

Post by baboun »

rightclick wrote:
baboun wrote:
rightclick wrote: you should get: absorb half trap damage, which i believe actually applies to all ranged attacks and magic
I just tested it with my rogue on some succubus and it doesn't cut half the dmg :/
it does in hellfire. i guess the dev removed it then.
I think so; there was also an affixe like this in The Hell iirc.

I will test it again on some skel and clans archers, just to be sure
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

Guys i need little help with Sorc. This is actually first time i'm playing sorc "for real" - it ways always either warrior or rogue for me.

I'm on hell right now and i have problem with this kind of mobs:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/w6hdv3aibladciz/xxz.jpg

ofc i can send golem on them and just wait half hour :) Problem starts when there's bosses with same immunities + it's behemoth/haste. Those guys on hell are showing pretty much often, and i'm not sure how to deal with them effectively.

clvl 38/404 magic/full resists - if it helps ;p
Psojed

Post by Psojed »

Get equipment with -% target resistance or use Elemental drain. If his immunities are not super high above, you should break some of those and kill them wih fire/cold/lightning/magic.

If you happen to find quad immune that you cannot break with these, Holy Bolt if it's undead. Golem or Stone Curse if it's not undead.
POMPyro

Post by POMPyro »

Are there any classes that can wear two weapons? Currently playing rogue & she cannot. However, what about the assasin or barb?

Here is some advice for rogue though. Go for Iratha's armor. The complete the set will give some dex & some pierce. Also adds cold dmg & knockback for slowing the enemies down.

Here is a pic. Keep in mind I never played Diablo 1 before only Diablo II. So after week 1 I reach Hell caves act 10 clvl41.
http://i.cubeupload.com/G5qSb4.png
baboun

Post by baboun »

Are there any classes that can wear two weapons? Currently playing rogue & she cannot. However, what about the assasin or barb?

Here is some advice for rogue though. Go for Iratha's armor. The complete the set will give some dex & some pierce. Also adds cold dmg & knockback for slowing the enemies down.

Here is a pic. Keep in mind I never played Diablo 1 before only Diablo II. So after week 1 I reach Hell caves act 10 clvl41.
http://i.cubeupload.com/G5qSb4.png
I have no idea how you reached that dmg or even how you survive hell with thoses resist

i got something like 2280 DPS / 430 hp / 95/75/75/75 res (clvl 44)

and I cannot pass Lazarus atm -,-
Psojed

Post by Psojed »

As you can see he has active buffs. Those that increase your damage are:

1) Dex Elixir
2) Insanity spell
3) Sacrifice spell

- Elixirs are good, use them.
- Insanity is a spell that gives you a short, but huge bonus to damage, speed, etc. But when it ends, you get a DEbuff, causing you to be slow and deal less damage.
- Sacrifice is a spell that gives you extra fire damage bonus per hit. Sadly, you lose HP with every attack (yes, everytime you shoot a bow it costs HP), so you need lifesteal, HP regen or just a bunch of potions to counter the loss.

Multishot however counts as one attack, so Sacrifice+Multishot is great choice.
Iratha armor is not the only one that adds extra cold dmg, other pieces add cold dmg too. But I already replaced it too, because I wanted the extra resists.

PS: knockback from the Iratha set makes enemies go into hit recovery animation, so you just lock on Lazarus and stunlock him. If he's lightning or poison enchanted, you have to keep moving or teleport.
PPS: I wonder what's his weapon. But since he asked about using two weapons with a rogue, he's probably using the same weap as me.
baboun

Post by baboun »

LOL i never used insanity till now, damn yes its really nice

he's probably using buriza just like me

i just wonder now, do I have to level to 50 to equip mavinas or WF to beat Hell difficulty ?

I m getting tired of getting one shot the fuck, Haste knights, light enchant lazarus etc etc .

E/ you forgot STR elixir :D
Psojed

Post by Psojed »

Well equipping WF won't help you survive onehits, will it? :)

You need more armor because that gives chance to avoid the attack.
You need faster hit recovery so that if you get hit, you can avoid getting hit again.
And you can use spells. Some monsters won't walk through a firewall for example. Cast Stone Curse and Golem. Shoot behind corners.
rightclick

Post by rightclick »

i just beat hell. didn't have trouble with anything.

my build:
http://www.evernote.com/l/AGAxRrIFokdIk ... iMShJYi20/

i haven't found the kyanon yet. so i use the hearthseeker which gives a lot of crit rate and crit damage. you can see my dps is on par with POMPyro up there with the kyanon. it doesn't have piercing bonus tho. i will have to activate the skill in combat. it still won't be 100% like the kyanon but it will be enough to fight mobs. the advantage is the 10% life steal. it's a life saver. even if i find the kyanon now i will only use it as an alternative weapon for when large groups are approaching.

my resistance is also quite low as i don't need it very often anyway because i teleport all the time so i rarely get hit. to supply the mana cost, i have 9% mana steal, mostly from the bloodlord visor. this helm also has cannot be frozen, which is a must have. to support this helm, which requires 123 str, i wear the battlemaster's coat which gives str and dex equal to clvl. my belt and accessories all have +all stats too.

this time when i fought the bloodlord, i could put him in a stunlock with the last skill and he became just another melee monster who couldn't even get a chance to attack. the rest of the level was all the same. it was the smoothiest run among all the characters i played. now i'm starting to think rogue is overpowered. doesn't have to worry about the immunities. doesn't have to chase after range monsters. cut down large groups like grass. how much better could it get?
Last edited by rightclick on 07 Nov, 2014 3:47, edited 6 times in total.
Psojed

Post by Psojed »

I suggest you open the BMP with microsoft paint and save them as JPG :roll:
rightclick

Post by rightclick »

oh i didn't even notice.

how come the screenshot is not saved as jpg automatically?
baboun

Post by baboun »

You need more armor because that gives chance to avoid the attack.
650 AC isn't enough ?
You need faster hit recovery so that if you get hit, you can avoid getting hit again.
This doesn't help against OHKO, Rogue in general shouldn't have to sacrifice anything for FHR

But WF has 100% knockback, that would really helps if it works well

i just beat hell. didn't have trouble with anything.

my build:
http://tinyurl.com/njt9x37

in combat:
http://tinyurl.com/n6hv9x4

i haven't found the kyanon yet. so i use the hearthseeker which gives a lot of crit rate and crit damage. you can see my dps is on par with POMPyro up there with the kyanon. it doesn't have piercing bonus tho. i will have to activate the skill in combat. it still won't be 100% like the kyanon but it will be enough to fight mobs. the advantage is the 10% life steal. it's a life saver. even if i find the kyanon now i will only use it as an alternative weapon for when large groups are approaching.

my resistance is also quite low as i don't need it very often anyway because i teleport all the time so i rarely get hit. to supply the mana cost, i have 9% mana steal, mostly from the bloodlord visor. this helm also has cannot be frozen, which is a must have. to support this helm, which requires 123 str, i wear the battlemaster's coat which gives str and dex equal to clvl. my belt and accessories all have +all stats too.

this time when i fought the bloodlord, i could put him in a stunlock with the last skill and he became just another melee monster who couldn't even get a chance to attack. the rest of the level was all the same. it was the smoothiest run among all the characters i played. now i'm starting to think rogue is overpowered. doesn't have to worry about the immunities. doesn't have to chase after range monsters. cut down large groups like grass. how much better could it get?
I can't see your pictures, but I'd like to know how you can constantly avoid thoses bosses, both of them one shotting me with 1 blood spirit or whatever is their spell...

and teleporting ones like Lazarus with lightning enchant : come on lol, i have tried with 79% LR, i dont even have the time to take a potion once he is on me
rightclick

Post by rightclick »

sorry about the pictures. i just tried fixing it. can you see it now?

how to deal with bone spirit casting mages. first the spirits fly slow. second they only fly for so long before they explode even if they don't hit anything. so you can just keep teleporting away. on the 17th floor, this can be done around the center block of each room. and the stupid mages will also teleport to follow you so they will always be in range. the sunless sea boss is harder though because he couldn't teleport. you have to approach him instead and avoid his spirits at the same time. it's risky but still doable.

for lightning enchanted monsters, simply keep your distance. the sparks scatters after travelling half a screen. if you are always further from your target than that distance, you can even avoid them by walking. and at about 3/4 screen away they mostly just disappear. so if you are at that distance, you can just keep shooting away and very few sparks can reach you. for lazarus, it's a little difficult, because he likes to teleport right into your face. just remember, for every hit they take, lightning enchanted monsters release one and only one wave of sparks. so if you use multiple shot, that will be about 15 waves every time you attack. of course you die instantly. try switch to the last skill. it does insane dph and only triggers one wave of sparks. if you have 10% life steal like me, you can simply face tank lazarus to death with this skill. my lightning resistance is only at 35%. another way is to utilize the environment. his map is very small but has many rooms. try teleporting into a room that's not directly connected to the one he is. this way he will usually not reach you in one move. and you can attack him with guided arrows in the process.

but most importantly, i think the number one reason a rogue would die a lot is because they shoot too much and move too little, relying on stats to survive. that's just not what rogue is for. for me, i usually teleport out once every 1-2 shots against large groups of range monsters. for elites, i take one shot then get out immediately, unless they are singled out and i can find a safe spot or when i can stunlock them from a safe distance. sometimes i have to teleport 3 to 5 times just to be safe to fire off one shot. it may seem slow, but it's still faster than dying and taking the long way to come back.
POMPyro

Post by POMPyro »

I've noticed with lots of resist and -dmg reduced like shaftstop & nightsmoke I don't die in 1hit but problem is I get stuck in stunlock. So I switch back to high dps with mana leech ring.

Yeah, my bow is buriza like yours.
Do you guys use any magic spells? I use guardians to know if there are monsters around the corner.
i dont even have the time to take a potion once he is on me
Mhm, there's no time for anything. I'm using a gaming mouse with lots of buttons on the side so can cast spells faster like my two buffs sacrifice & insanity. To kill a boss I have to do it perfect & not get hit once. Otherwise I'm dying 100x an hours. #firstworldproblems

i just wonder now, do I have to level to 50 to equip mavinas or WF to beat Hell difficulty
I'm gonna come back to my rogue in a day or two. Leveling up a warrior atm to make a comparison. But that's my consideration level up to 50 I'm curious of the Mavinas set bonus.
baboun

Post by baboun »

sorry about the pictures. i just tried fixing it. can you see it now?
Yes :) All my stats are better than yours besides mana

I'm using Buriza and Hearthseeker too, not sure which one is better, but i have some str problems with the bow so i have to switch for a str amulet

Stoneskin as armor so i can get rid of a reven, i dont use bloodlord's visor cuz simply i that +5 Golem dual leech rings (shit still dies tho), and im using that Lady rogue's helm ( ias + 10% max magic resist + life leech + dext)

To compare here is With hearthseeker bow (20% LL total)

I guess i could just play safer and teleport a lot more, simply boring gotta admit it ^^

I'll try it again with sacrifice and insanity and GA behind a corner maybe :roll:
I've noticed with lots of resist and -dmg reduced like shaftstop & nightsmoke I don't die in 1hit but problem is I get stuck in stunlock. So I switch back to high dps with mana leech ring.
If DFE works the same as original d1 and The Hell, it only works for physical damages, so it's pretty useless, in hell level hell difficulty you can't have the luxe to face tank physical dmg dealers .. and i'm pretty sure i'd still get one shot even with gaze + shaftshop etc. :roll: