Beaten hard on normal (scratch that - pwned them with sorc)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
SomeThingEviL

Post by SomeThingEviL »

Well in diablo 2 I never had the run toggled to on.

I just used the ctrl key to run when I needed it or to run back through an area I have already cleared. Like when looking for a waypoint I missed or just to get to one and back to town.

I agree that the run is too much sometimes. I always hated playing MP and no one would be in a group because they would run too fast to stay together.

That is the way I use run in most games even FPS, I walk around and experience the environment and run when I don't have time to wast.

So having the option to run would be nice, don't have to use it all the time.
Scharnvirk

Post by Scharnvirk »

I avenged us! :D

First and second of mini-bosses are worst (though still the fights took about 10 secs at most), third is somewhat easy. Diablo is harder than all of them. Ewen with the might of my chain lightning I was facing mana outages - in fact I required 16 full mana potions of continued electricity stream to bring him down.

I am not sure if any other normal untwinked character can pump out that kind of damage, and certainly rogue has no chance at all.
SomeThingEviL

Post by SomeThingEviL »

The all is lost moment!! The Warrior stands not a chance, Blood shall flow and it will be his own.

The hordes of Diablo burn in hatred of his mortal form and salivate at the thought of rending his flesh and gnashing his bones.

Doomed, doomed all is doomed.

Or i just need to level up some more.
chillerspoon

Post by chillerspoon »

Level 26 without good gear is too low for rogue to take out Diablo in normal, use the $player command and grind up to low-mid 30's and you'll see Diablo eventually barely hits you even with mediocre gear.
Scharnvirk

Post by Scharnvirk »

Grinding on normal to progress? Something is off :|

I'd suggest toning minibosses a bit. Sorcerer is going to plow through them no matter what, but it is really not fair that he has it so easy and rogue - so damn impossible.
baboun

Post by baboun »

I was about to say that Rogue is under-esteemed until i entered first Cave level - Got my first death on some double bosses right at the start, just couldnt pass them as i was stuck and would die in 2 seconds..

I also think the walkspeed in dungeons is a bit slow, i am pretty sure it has been reduced from the original D1, just to make it harder. Yes, it would be better to run faster, the time taken is sometimes a bit tiring but that's not overshadowing how great this mod is !

I just hope Rogue is viable at higher level, because that's the funniest in Diablo :)
huangism

Post by huangism »

Yea i am a lvl 30 barb and can't see how I can beat diablo on normal
rightclick

Post by rightclick »

i just started a rogue today. killed diablo at lv28. first try. it's too easy. just find a wall to teleport back and forth and keep shooting him with guided arrow. it takes less than a minute.

bloodlord the destroyer was much harder, but once i figured out the proper way to fight him, it was a flawless victory.