Im not capable of playing normal Diablo anymore

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wingard

Im not capable of playing normal Diablo anymore

Post by Wingard »

Today I saw a screenshot gallery of a original, not-belzebubbed Diablo I. My god, that gave such a claustrophobic feeling. Resolution so small, interface covering half of the screen, shops having item lists, overall archarism ...

I couldnt believe what i saw. I mean i know that this is how the vanilla Diablo looks like, the game that i spent few years playing. But when i look at it now, i simply know that i will never ever be able to play it unmodded again. Not when the Belzebub (Tchernobog?) mod to it exists. Not a single mod to D1 gave me this feeling and ive seen quite many of them. The improvement in every single regard of the Diablo 1 game is immense and impeccable.

Is anyone else having a feeling like that too?
Hato

Post by Hato »

I think I still can play original D1, but I played it so many times, its already boring. And true, some thing made me mad in original D1 :P
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hato wrote:I think I still can play original D1
Me too. Low resolution is not problem for me.
Neuntoter

Post by Neuntoter »

New quests, new stuff, crafting, four level of dificulty, now i can except a better character who doesn't stuck in lvl 25 :)

Really a great job for this mod, many thanks !
SomeThingEviL

Post by SomeThingEviL »

I could still play it at the low resolution of the original.But not without it being A widescreen resolution.I absolutely hate stretching.

But the original interface covering almost half the screen. The shops having item lists. That is something I do not think I could go back too. And no stash.

Also this plays so smooth, the animations look fantastic.
Constance

Post by Constance »

What bugs me when trying to play the original Diablo after trying Belzebub is how FPS are limited. That really makes it feel weird/not smooth enough how the background refreshes when your character moves.
Kirase

Post by Kirase »

If someone would pay me 50 bucks an hour to play diablo 1, sure can do!
But why would i want to play vanilla d1 again for no reason?
Already played the shit out of it back in its days, had several champions on lvl 50 with literally best possible equipment (Easy to get).
Everything done, everything seen.

It is this mod that made d1 interresting again.
Enjoying it a lot and hoping that you guys keep on improving it!
d4rki

Post by d4rki »

Diablo 1.09 can still be fun if you play ironman runs.

http://realmsbeyond.net/diablo/vironman.html

I was playing it recently still fun experience :) But its lot better to do so in multiplayer with other people with diffrent classes.

If somoene is up for a multiplayer ironman diablo runs write here, we can play trough tungle.

I tried twice as warrior today, once i died at catacombs lvl 5 after opening chest i wasn't prepared and bugged fire arrow 100-0 me (I heard a shield block but still it went trough me like a knife trough butter). Now im at lvl 6 with another warrior everytime im about to open chest i have my fingers on pots in case similiar thing happen :D
Last edited by d4rki on 02 Nov, 2014 18:28, edited 2 times in total.
biko45

Post by biko45 »

recently I started orginal D1 and killed Diablo in normal difficulty.
actually i just planned to stop playing and found out this exciting mod!
i really don't want to go back to orig D1.