Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
TryingToLive

Post by TryingToLive »

Being able to increase player limit in multiplayer to 8 would be awesome. Could fight the hordes of enemies with a team of players.

Scale monsters power based on player count as normal.
Bonyth

Post by Bonyth »

I hope this is the right place to report any encountered bugs ^_^

So, quite serious one. Even more enjoyable for my rogue:
- after dying while having infravision effect, the infravision remains indefinitely

Not a bug, but a suggestion:
- bosses should aim you and move towards you from a little bit bigger distance, so shooting at them without any of their responds via infravision is impossible (ex. butcher). 2 or 3 squared greater radius should be enough i guess.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Infravision bug was reported loooong time ago...

About your second suggestion... Turn down resolution a little bit and then you'll know that bosses encounters your char even when you don't see them. When MP is gonna be realeased you will see this.
SomeThingEviL

Post by SomeThingEviL »

So I just started a Barbarian and noticed he has no magic at all. That's kool but that means I can never get him a town portal spell.

So I will have to have some scrolls of town portal with him at all times. But I don't want it to take up too much space in my inventory.

I know I could just keep one on him and just go to the witch and get a new one ever time I go to town, but he's not a magic user and that would be my only reason for going up there out of my way.

So it would be nice if you could add a book of Town portal that could hold 20 Like in Diablo II.

It would also be nice to have a book for identify scrolls too.

Also it would be cool to have a unique book of Town portal that monsters could drop very rarely that would never run out.
Constance

Post by Constance »

In Wirt's gossip text about Tremain, the text doesn't exactly match the audio. I hear "Picking up a few books" while the text currently says "[…] some books".
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

SomeThingEviL wrote:book of Town portal and identify Like in Diablo II.
I have another idea, though im 60% sure it was already suggested before somewhere. What if scrolls stacked? Only scrolls, no potions, no other things. Currently we already have crafting ingredients stacking up to 100 per slot, right? Stackable scrolls would make a very comfortable addition, even if the limit per slot was set to 5 and not 100. 5 sounds like a reasonable amount. And if that still sounds OP then make it happen for Town portal and Identify only and keep other scrolls non-stackable. :P
SomeThingEviL

Post by SomeThingEviL »

Ya I was thinking about suggesting that but went with my other idea, but that would work just fine.
Hato

Post by Hato »

I saw one big problem playing as Sorc: theres missing magic (arcane) element bolt-like spell. Main magic spells are flash, mind mace and blood star (but hard to use cuz of low hp of Sorc). Flash is close range spell and theres usually lighting or arcane enchant on elite so its useless. Mind mace is way to slow and its hard to hit from far away.

So my suggestion:
- make 1 magic bolt spell (no need to be so strong like fireball, maybe 120% of firebolt, its still better than nothing)
or
- change sorc skill kit. Sorc have 2 good skills: mana shield and element absorb. Rest is kinda useless. SO maybe add similar skill to necro, that for 20-30 seconds every spell that sued hp, use mana. With 2-30 second duration and 3-4 minutes cd it still useable, but Sorc cant depent on this skill, so can be used only on hard bosses with immunes (spamable blood star for few seconds)
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

Bugs:
- Graphical glitches
http://www.mediafire.com/view/5pjddeepds4bd6e/1.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/4mcbil6hg4rdts9/2.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/view/lf4qthu0jiumpk8/3.jpg
(playing on 720p scaled)
- Long range mobs sometimes have proper angle over corner for shoot and player can't shoot them from his spot(happens occasionaly)
- animation is slow down with possible fps drop when loot is droping from boxes, same goes when there's a lot of animated object in same place(for example a lot of burning crosses)

Suggestions:
- Probably someone already mention it, but ability to fast walk in town(yes, just like in hellfire)
- "identify all" option from Decard Cane, probably most of people identifies all items anyway
- Set items should show how much items specific set contains(like in d2?)
- make smaller font for damage info
- change graphic for town portal scroll
- make heal/town portal scrolls stackable(5 or 10 in one stack for example)
GeX

Post by GeX »

Going back with my deleted chars by the game

as I have here all my 4 character files is any possibility to restore them ? 2 of this files works but the other 2 don't

Lost everything and playing from the beginning is to big pain for me.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

You can't restore corrupted saves.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Do you have an AMD/ATI Radeon 6900 series by any chance?
I also have this sort of stuff on my main home computer and only that one. Also thought I had reported that somewhere, yet can't find a trace of it using the forum's search engine or Google...
Nikodemsky wrote:- Probably someone already mention it, but ability to fast walk in town(yes, just like in hellfire)
That option has actually been there for a while already. See http://imgur.com/oMHJF5y
Rota

Post by Rota »

I checked some of last Suggestions and I rly wanna cry of peope...
You all maybe want the Magic Flying Cube which u can click in every moment and make TP, Identify items, Heal, Buy potions and what else?

I think all that suggestions are included but u can't see it and rly we want this game to be rly classic. Scrolls stack? U got Belt wchich wasn't in Original Diablo so u can Handle much more Pots and Scrolls inside.

Identify all item button is not bad but if u hold the key u identify all items in less than 5 seconds... Is that so hard?

About sets suggestion. I like to make sets like mysteries. But now is hard to change. I like to make somehing like no "same" names on sets and no number of items. To reveal the mystery how to put these items to get full set :) But at now rly everyone know all sets or could read it in the future in FAQ.

Suggestion about delete Magic skills to make one better skill. Mind mace is not bad skill its for immunes imho and also blood star which is rly finishing hit for some monsters with mass immunes :)

I think is better to wait for Multiplayer version and treat it like a surprise :)
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Belzebubs already using swarming lot of ideas from Diablo 2 and is widely praised for that.
Clearly we werent the only ones wanting stacking scrolls if the idea alike was implemented in D2, eh?
Nikodemsky

Post by Nikodemsky »

Constance wrote: Do you have an AMD/ATI Radeon 6900 series by any chance?
I also have this sort of stuff on my main home computer and only that one. Also thought I had reported that somewhere, yet can't find a trace of it using the forum's search engine or Google...
[...]
That option has actually been there for a while already. See http://imgur.com/oMHJF5y
HD7770.

Thanks for the info on settings, didn't realise it's in there :)
Rota wrote: I checked some of last Suggestions and I rly wanna cry of peope...
[...]
It's mod, not remastered version. It stopped being original game with moment of introducing first change in game mechanics. Lack of "identify all" always bothered me in Diablo/Hellfire - yes i can push enter button several times or hold it, but that's not the point - we can set 1080p resolution, which definitely was not intended for original game concept, so why not make it a bit better every time? It's not like it will break balance or something. Dunno how much you played the game, but if you need to go back to town to identify items/resupply several times then small things like this really matters.