Little help for a warrior

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
thecurse

Little help for a warrior

Post by thecurse »

It seems i´m kinda stuck with my warrior, can't figure out if he´s too weak or i´m just too stupid...
Currently on Nightmare, lvl 7.
Stats:
Level 34
300 dps, (62-92, attack time 304)
210 armor
180% to hit
305 life
116 mana
All resistances 75%
S 151/193
M 16/53
D 51/110
V 71/100
Using AzureWrath and a rare tower shield (54% to block)

So i can't kill the endbosses in Horazons Hideout, anything that has lightning enchantment costs me at least 2 health potions per second and mostly just kills me and anything behemoth just takes ages to kill.
(if its both there´s 0% chance that i can kill it)

Am i doing it just wrong, do i have way too low dmg/health, any hints?
Thx in advance

EDIT: well in theory i can kill them. but once one is behemoth its definately over.
rightclick

Post by rightclick »

AzureWrath is the problem. its dph is too low. the high dps comes from extremely fast attack speed.

when you attack lightning enhanced monsters, the damage they do to you is based on your attack speed. the faster you attack, the faster they kill you. but it has nothing to do with your dph. so if you switch to a weapon with similar dps but high in dph and low in attack speed, it will be way easier to kill them.

life steal is very helpful too. as a melee you should always have at least one item with it. if nothing else is available, use leoric's crown.

also, forget about the shield. you can't block lightning. use a 2h weapon instead.
thecurse

Post by thecurse »

oh that explains, thx.
well i do have a 2h weapon with +300 dmg, it got very slow attack speed though. but might come in handy for lightning type enemies.
changed the general equipment a little bit, its +480HP now, but res is +60% for cold and magic anymore, not 75%.
Rota

Post by Rota »

Solution for Light Enchant is - Damage From Enemies. If your DMG is enough to kill the monster use Holy Shield skill then kill monster until it ends.
thecurse

Post by thecurse »

don't have much of that. maybe -10 or 20...
(need most equip just to cover resistances and to hit chance)
but my damage is not enough for that anyway. if its behemoth it takes some minutes just hitting it.
but well, with 480HP and 220% to hit i did the bosses.
(probably luck though, neither was behemoth last run)