Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
GeX

Post by GeX »

Hello I have been playing Belzebub for few days and now I don't why but i don't have 2 characters... what to do to get them back ?

I have used search but it is not accurate
riesa

Post by riesa »

Next time try to 'open game as Administrator'.
GeX

Post by GeX »

it doesn't work
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

It's impossible to restore your characters.
Psojed

Post by Psojed »

Hello,
just joined the forum to try out this awesome mod. So far I'm stunned! Playing at 1680x1050 fullscreen, the ability to zoom in and out with mousewheel is epic. I read some posts about Rogues being underpowered and seeing as that is my most loved class from the days back, I started a bow Rogue to check things out. Ohh that attack speed when I switched to hunter's bow :D

I noticed a quick bug. The game saves your Global Sound Setting if you change them and exit, but it doesn't change the sound settings if you select New Game and create a new character.

Suggestions:
- Add the dialogue window for buying items similar to D2 (at the moment you can only one-click buy with right-click)

- In opposite, you can only sell items by selecting them and moving them to the trade window (at least right-click, CTRL+right-click or SHIFT+right-click didn't work for me), so please add a one-click sell option

- Is it okay to have rare items drop from first mobs you encounter? I dropped a rare ring that gave + magic, - damage taken, +10% to hit and a fourth modifier, but I sold it seconds later, cause I got 3k gold from that and I bought a 1-12 lightning damage hunter's bow for level 1 of the dungeon. Right now I feel quite overpowered :)

PS: Another suggestion.
- Add interface scaling if it is possible. For 1680x1050 fullscreen, the interface elements are becoming too small.

Anyway, gonna enjoy this a lot, thanks for your work Noktis & other staff members!
GeX

Post by GeX »

Noktis wrote:It's impossible to restore your characters.
why you haven't mentioned that game can delete your character ? what is the point of playing a game which in 1 or 5 days or 2 weeks my char can be deleted....
TryingToLive

Post by TryingToLive »

Is it possible to create new maps? Like completely open world maps like in Diablo 2?

Or maybe even try to recreate some of the maps from diablo 2?
Constance

Post by Constance »

GeX wrote:why you haven't mentioned that game can delete your character ? what is the point of playing a game which in 1 or 5 days or 2 weeks my char can be deleted....
It's an open beta, do you know what a beta version of a program is ? Shit can happen.

However that never happened to me in several months and I never saw anyone else posting about that here before you did, so either something wrong happened on your side (either with your computer or a mishandling) or it's a pretty rare bug.

Also, just to be sure we are not misunderstanding, since your initial message didn't seem that clear to me : the mod doesn't use your classic Diablo saves, so it's normal if these characters don't appear when running Belzebub, and vice-versa.
radicool

Post by radicool »

- Add interface scaling if it is possible. For 1680x1050 fullscreen, the interface elements are becoming too small.
I don't think the devs are going to change this. The game will remain with high resolution options which gives the appearance of zooming out. If you want to play the game in a more native evironment, then switch the resolution to 800x600 (I think thats the native). Thats what I play it in. How Diablo is suppose to be played in in my opinion.

As far as I know, when the multiplayer version of belzebub comes out, it will only have this resolution (for atmosphere, balance and fairness in PVP matches).
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Psojed wrote:- Add interface scaling if it is possible. For 1680x1050 fullscreen, the interface elements are becoming too small.
Optional resolution for this mod is 1024x600 / 800x600 / 600p scaled, Your resolution is too high in my opinion.
Psojed wrote:Anyway, gonna enjoy this a lot, thanks for your work Noktis & other staff members!
BrightLord coding not me :)
thecurse

Unique/Set list

Post by thecurse »

I´ve looked around for a complete list of all uniques or sets, is there somewhere such a thing?
(yes for sets there´s a thread, but its neither ordered nor complete)
Would be good to know to aim your characters for a certain equipment set, with the possibility of finding random/crafted better items...
Also what the bonus amounts for craftet items are.
Constance

Re: Unique/Set list

Post by Constance »

thecurse wrote:I´ve looked around for a complete list of all uniques or sets, is there somewhere such a thing?
There probably won't (or at least shouln't) be until the mod is closer to final state, since it still needs work in the field of balancing, which implies some item stats also may change.
Hato

Post by Hato »

Constance wrote:
thecurse wrote:I´ve looked around for a complete list of all uniques or sets, is there somewhere such a thing?
There probably won't (or at least shouln't) be until the mod is closer to final state, since it still needs work in the field of balancing, which implies some item stats also may change.
+1, but it could be helpful to at leats have set list, because now you dont knwo how much parts have every set
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Gamma_Corvi wrote:Don't quote post above your own....
Psojed

Post by Psojed »

@Hato: Equip the set item and it will tell you how many pieces are there in total ;)