Lost treasure quest - Soulstone chamber

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
riesa

Post by riesa »

New game and redo Chamber. At some point you're gonna finish this xd
raffalab

Post by raffalab »

EDIT: I did the quest again and managed to finish it. This time I did it in a single run without using portals in the cave level too. Also i didn't pull all the levers, just the ones i needed to open the doors

I installed the mod and played it yesterday. I got to the lost treasure quest and found the quest completion bug so i checked the forum and saw the update with the fix and I immediately downloaded it. I think i have installed it correctly but it does not work for me. I still can't finish the quest (even if i never leave the soulstone chamber).

Other than that congratulations for this great work, it's by far the best diablo mod I've played and I'm sure it gets even better at higher levels :). I hope you'll get back on developing it sooner or later. Cheers!
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

There a new patch, that solved some problems e.g. Treasure Q
riesa

Post by riesa »

This patch doesn't solve Lost Treasure quest completion issue... I've just played this quest with my rouge, killed every mage and still no reward. Maybe it's thing that someone said - no completion with TP open somewhere in chamber? I'll try to make it one more time in the evening but without TP.
Davias

Post by Davias »

I did both the secret tunnel and the soulstone chamber with the new patch and without getting back to town per stairs or portal, and killed every mage I saw, but i still can't finish the quest.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Is quest still active in log?
Davias

Post by Davias »

Yes, I have tried it 2 times but always with the same outcome: I kill the last visible mage, he drops nothing special and after that the quest is still marked as activated
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

That is strange. If you could make a fraps movie in low quality of that level it could help a lot.
Davias

Post by Davias »

I will try it one more time tomorrow
AlinBallin

Post by AlinBallin »

going to town wont cause this bug. cuz i completed it couple hours ago on nm and i went to town couple time

from what i know theres 4 mage. 1 of them can resurrect the others. everytime ive done the quest ive always completed it without any bug.
i dont know what to say :(
www.twitch.tv/alinballin

purpose: show people that old games can be good

currently on:
-Diablo1 Tchernobog Mod (multiplayer belzebub)
-Baldur's gate 2:Enhanced edition
Davias

Post by Davias »

Ok, now I finished this quest, it seems, that casting town portal is enough to fuck it up, even if you don't go through it or the stairs
Davias

Post by Davias »

Mmmhhh, that's right, going back to town isn't the issue of this quest, today I tried the quest with my mage three times, and the last dying mage didn't drop anything. Maybe I killed him too quick, or something?
I don't know why the quest works sometimes and sometimes not...
gruia

Post by gruia »

Can you remove the "just for looks" part )
it makes no sense to have it there.

Also I'm a barbarian. wouldn't a sorcerer be able to teleport there?

again that would be an inconsistency
riesa

Post by riesa »

No. Anyone can teleport there. It's just for looks, as you said. You don;t need to worry 'bout this place, just do your sh*t and you can complete this quest.