Character guides & hints

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Awsome redeaux on Belzebub. I am addicted again.

Necromancer hints. Rely on your zombies, skeletons, revives, and golems to fight melee while you blast away with spells from a safe distance. Get a staff of guardian and use it often. Sometimes it comes down to hack and slash, so you still have to build some melee skills and get a good very fast weapon - Azurath. Find items that regenerate mana and hp. Keep your army built up and summon them to surround distant enemies. If you are being chased, they can buy some time to heal and mana up and renew your attack. Never let your army of undead get too few.
Arkastia

Post by Arkastia »

Ugily wrote:Awsome redeaux on Belzebub. I am addicted again.

Necromancer hints. Rely on your zombies, skeletons, revives, and golems to fight melee while you blast away with spells from a safe distance. Get a staff of guardian and use it often. Sometimes it comes down to hack and slash, so you still have to build some melee skills and get a good very fast weapon - Azurath. Find items that regenerate mana and hp. Keep your army built up and summon them to surround distant enemies. If you are being chased, they can buy some time to heal and mana up and renew your attack. Never let your army of undead get too few.
Very nice aport, Ugily. Also if you can add some info about your stats points would be a great help for the build! :D

Come on, people, wake up and help up to made a nice post for guides! :lol:
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

hi, Liquid here.
For assassin: Abuse the use of Stealth Skill, it's great to deal damage and very usefull to deal with ranged enemies.
Some cool trick is to let them detect you and then to arround the corner and use the skill, some ranged enemies and melee will come to find you and they will stay still, thats your best time to deal with ranged because the are kinda fast (for me) besides when you hit a enemy in stealth mode you get the Surprise Atack Buff that gives you more walk speed and defense.
Another trick to scape is once you get the Narcosis Skill, it can be very usefull to scape because it stuns the enemies for like 2 seconds, in that time you should be able to hide somewhere and enter stealth!
Arkastia

Post by Arkastia »

Liquid wrote:hi, Liquid here.
For assassin: Abuse the use of Stealth Skill, it's great to deal damage and very usefull to deal with ranged enemies.
Some cool trick is to let them detect you and then to arround the corner and use the skill, some ranged enemies and melee will come to find you and they will stay still, thats your best time to deal with ranged because the are kinda fast (for me) besides when you hit a enemy in stealth mode you get the Surprise Atack Buff that gives you more walk speed and defense.
Another trick to scape is once you get the Narcosis Skill, it can be very usefull to scape because it stuns the enemies for like 2 seconds, in that time you should be able to hide somewhere and enter stealth!
Excelent, added :P
Martim

Post by Martim »

Any tips on rouge?
I achieved level 50 only to realize that there isn't max stats on belzebub. So I focused on dex. on a new char, but I feel compeled to spend some points in str., to wear armors that require str., since physical resistance isn't based only on armor class but also on the weight of the armor, the heavier the armor the higher physical resistance it can reach, and there isn't any other advantage in wearing light armors except low requiriments.
So, do I spend points on str. on my rouge? Or maybe in the end would it be a waste of points because of the items that give str. I may get?

And I think this question is even more valid to assassin, since she is a melee character, depending even more on physical resistance and str. to use weapons, and she's also a dex. character. In addition she may also need some vit. points, she starts with only 15 points.
Any thoughts on that?

And by the way, nice tips Liquid!
thecurse

Post by thecurse »

no max stats? oh thats good to know...
also would be good to know the stats for each class you´d need to wear the best known items/sets, as well as primary/secondary stat distribution.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Ugily the Necro. LV:32 DPS:135 AC:199 HIT:160

S:66/114 Civerbs 3/3
M:80/127 Arcana 2/4 Head/Staff
D:61/94 Rings +13 all, +15 all
V:67/107 Goth Plate Brilliance +15M
Warriors Belt +14S +11V
Resist: 25% all

UPDATE: Finally killed Diablo Normal. Can't rely on minions, it ends up being a slugfest after loosening up with Guardian and Fireballs. Lots of heal pots.

Now LV:33 all points go into V from now on V:72
Traded up rings for 50-75% Res All totals. Hit recovery bonuses.
Dope up with stat potions before engaging in big battles

Know your enemies and plan strategy of attack and retreat for each area.
Last edited by Ugily on 15 Oct, 2014 20:52, edited 1 time in total.
rightclick

Post by rightclick »

Ugily wrote:Ugily the Necro. LV:32 DPS:135 AC:199 HIT:160

Warriors Belt +14S +11V
shouldn't nec focus more on vit than anything else?
Martim

Post by Martim »

Ugily wrote:Ugily the Necro. LV:32 DPS:135 AC:199 HIT:160

Warriors Belt +14S +11V
And now that you are on level 32 you have a new skill that allows you to use life instead of mana for casting spells.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Yeah, Martim, and that's why i think he posted those stats to see by someone to never fcuk up Necro again...
Arkastia

Post by Arkastia »

Bump!

Veterans, please help us! :D
Kirase

Post by Kirase »

Started playing a barbarian and followed the suggestion to put all points in strengh until now. But what i am most interrested in really is late game. Can someone confirm that this still works in late hell or torment?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

riesa wrote:Yeah, Martim, and that's why i think he posted those stats to see by someone to never fcuk up Necro again...
Yep. Only problem with Ugily is too low Vitality. Have to keep HP up with potions and Dark Pact. Low Vitality and HP gets me into dicy combat when batteling large enemy groups. Still have not been able to defeat Diablo although I can quickly dispatch all other enemies within the Terror Domain.

Putting all stat points into Vit as I continue to level up. But it is a slow process now past level 30. :evil:

UPDATE: Finally killed Diablo Normal. Can't rely on minions, it ends up being a slugfest after loosening up with Guardian and Fireballs. Lots of heal pots.

Now LV:33 all points go into V from now on V:72
Traded up rings for 50-75% Res All totals. Hit recovery bonuses.
Dope up with stat potions before engaging in big battles

Know your enemies and plan strategy of attack and retreat for each area.
Martim

Post by Martim »

Vit is also important for your skeleton minions, their hp are based on vit.

Keep the items that give magic in you chest, choose the best ones to use when you need to learn a spell, so that you can focus even more on vit.

Chamber of bone quest gives +1 guardian spell, horazon sanctum gives +1 golem. Leave these quests to when you can't read books to these spell because of magic requirement, not even with the +magic items you have.
rightclick

Post by rightclick »

i just beat normal with rogue so i would like to add a few points. this is how i played.

1. all points to dex for base damage and base to hit. this is very important. do NOT waste a single point in other attributes. get enough +str or +all items to equip your best bows if necessary. but do NOT bother with any more str to wear heavy armor.

2. remember to go back to town and kill andy once you hit the last level of catacombs. quest drop is maiden's broach. use it until you find something else with better mana steal.

3. use your highest DPH bow, but not with elemental damage tho. if you find one with +XX% damage to demon but not as high damage in general, use it as a secondary weapon. +XX% damage to undead is not worth it tho. the idea is to combine mana steal with high damage so you can abuse guided arrow and multiple shot as often as needed. high DPS with fast attack speed is NOT helpful for this purpose.

4. multiple shot is good against single targets as well as large groups. it can hit a single monster with many arrows from the same shot. just need to get close. the closer you get to the target, the more arrows will hit. don't do this to lightning/poison enhanced monsters tho. they'll kill you in the blink of an eye. for these types of enemies, hide around the corner and shoot guided arrow instead. also note that due to the damage deduction, multiple shot may not cause stun on tough targets. so you better be able to kill them fast or get out before it's too close.

5. before approaching a new area, shoot a few guided arrows first. if one or a few melee monsters come out, get close and shoot multiple shot. if a large melee group comes out, enable piercing and shoot multiple shot. if a range group return fire from all directions, move around the corner, enable piercing and shoot guided arrow. if a range group return fire from one direction, move sideways in the open and shoot multiple shot. if a group contains both melee and range monsters, fall back while shooting guided arrow at the range ones until the melee ones get close, then switch to multiple shot.

6. other items: besides +dex, +str, and +all, you should get: absorb half trap damage, which i believe actually applies to all ranged attacks and magic. this is priority before any resistance. also get a few +mana ones for adaptability. +resistance and +hp is good but NOT priority, as in you should be able to maneuver out of 99% of enemy attacks manually. +chance to hit is NOT priority once you are able to abuse guided arrow.

7. spells: get teleport as soon as you can. you also need quite a few +mag items to learn this spell. get as many dark pact as you can. heal is a must have of course, as well as town portal. warp and phasing can be used as substitutes when you don't have teleport. all the other ones are not priority.

8. there are special items that increase walk speed, such as the batskin's cape, or the hsarus' amulet. they may come in handy at first, but they are very weak in other aspects. once you get teleport, they are not useful anymore.

9. collect dex and mag elixirs. use one of each before a hard boss fight. vit may seem helpful but the truth is, rogue is a glass cannon. you will never have nearly enough life to survive a stunlock. once you get caught by the boss, you are finished. a few extra hp makes no difference. you should just focus on avoiding all the attacks, especially the melee ones.
Last edited by rightclick on 27 Oct, 2014 16:58, edited 4 times in total.