Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Constance

Post by Constance »

I've been thinking, would it be possible to modify some skills, such as the Rogue's Piercing Shots or the Warrior's Shield Wall, so that you can keep them sustained instead of having to recast them regularly? To help balance that, keeping them sustained would reduce the maximum mana by a certain amount (Dragon Age style), be it a number of points or a percentage would be up to the dev.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

In thernobog mod all skills are free to cast.

Many skills will be definately redone if there is good idea.

Barbarian is already complete and is now way more funnier to play and can actually benefit from slow big damage two hand weapons. At 24 Lvl he receives mortal strike with shorter CD and at 32 he gets whrilwind.

Necromancer and Assassin will most likely remain the same with some minor tweaks.

Rogue needs definately something new for 32 skill and possibly level 16 skill.

Warrior's strike and shieldwall will be either completly redone or changed

Sorceror Etheralize and Time Lapse will be redone into something else
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

I'd have a suggestion regarding the necromancer. Maybe he should receive some alterations in fact of skills. I thought about adding a small cool time for corpse explosion , nerfing skeletons and making revived permanent and set as minions [so they can follow you]. If you find some of these idea interesting, I might focus more and trying to improve these rough ideas to obtain a balanced gameplay (especially in case it's possible to set permanent revived).

it's just my point of view regarding the necro :)
Skyhaster

Suggestions 1.045

Post by Skyhaster »

Here are some more suggestions:

- It's nice to be able to zoom the map with mousewheel but it would even be more nice if icould scroll with mousewheel through my skills F1-F8. I am not frequently using the zoomoption. Most of the time i stay on one specific zoomlevel. Some keybindings would last for this i guess.

- Griswold: Please let me sell my stuff faster with shift+click.

- Since pots are not stackable (yet?) would you mind to extend the inventory stash if possible?

- The runspeed seems to be very very slow since zoom is availiable. Would you mind to increase it by a percantage? If you think this would be too much gamebreaking, can't you increase it just for barb? He does not seem to have any magic skills at all and it freaks me out to run after all these cowardish mobs (i remember the soldier gameplay Rolling Eyes). Otherwise a bow would be obligatory...

- Windows are free positionable on the screen.

- A seperated UI/window scaling option.
riesa

Post by riesa »

BrightLord wrote:Rogue needs definately something new for 32 skill and possibly level 16 skill.

Sorceror Etheralize and Time Lapse will be redone into something else
Dude, srsly? Rogue 32clvl skill is the most helpfull when it gets into tough bosses. At least for me. Maybe in MP it should get some balance to be PvP friendly but, my god... Only Valkyria with good stats would be reasonable change if we talk about PvM gameplay.

Sorc... Time Lapse - i don't know how it would act in PvP but in PvM is only needed in one situation, along with Etheralize - go down do dlvl14. Maybe sometimes just to skip annoying pack of champions. So it's useful sometimes. So if you want to change it you should get into some more useful ideas ;p
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

16 clvl Rogue skill is good, but alas, it also suffers from long cooldown.
It would require some work, but You could lower the cooldown and along with it, lower the values of Piercing shots from items. Unique bows / sets for rogue have enough Pierce Chance that the skill doesn't seem rewarding to use (or remember it, for that matter ).

As far as Etheralize and Time warp are concerned - Sorcerer's Modus Operandi are spells, instead of skills, as other classes. And just like other classes use spells for utility / support, so should the sorc use skills for those.

In some games there are mechanics of "Elemental Chaining".
Lets say it's a timed buff, or a buff that is turned on / off.

Casting element #2 spell after element #1 would slightly (1% for example) increase the damage of spells. This would of course be capped and/or subjected to diminishing returns. That would force Sorcerer to use different spells instead of spamming one. Condition: Buff must be worth using instead of spamming Spell XYZ.

The other skill would be Elemental Chaining's twin brother: Elemental Attunement. As opposed to it's counterpart, it would slowly (1%, diminishing, Et cetera) increase one element's spells damage, while also decreasing damage for other elements.

Skill balance can be tweaked by many things: % dmg bonus, % dmg cap, % bonus lasting time, Increased Mana, Decreased movement speed, or even the dreadfull cooldowns. Cooldowns could actually work in case this would be a on/off buff: Every time you encounter enemy that is resistant to your skill bonus, you would have to turn it off, and then suffer through the cooldown for X time and fighting enemies without bonus.

All in all it would, if done correctly, force Sorcerer player to choose if he should use such buffs on a certain dlvl, ( and suffer the consequences of movements speed, increased mana cost etc), whether he concentrates on one or many elements in the dlvl, and whether he should turned it off / switch for certain Unique / Champion mobs encounters.

Chaining could also be limited to large AoE spells, such as Blizzard. Meteor Swarm or Chain Lightning (both as a requirement to activate, as well as damage increase) while Attunement would be limited to spammable spells such as Lightning, Fireball or Ice Blast.

Teleport also needs to be adressed: If casting teleport should reset the buff like every other spell not in the skill bonus group (aoe / single), then the bonus damage from single target needs to be bigger. If Teleport is to be exception which neither resets nor prolongs buff, then the damage bonus can oscilate around that 1%.

There is one thing more, but it could be risky: Chaining would make AoE spells not harm your party members, while Attunement would make those "single target" spells not harm allies. It is however, as mentioned, risky to implement, as it potentially harms entire party, and punishes Sorc's teammates instead of punishing himself.
Rota

Post by Rota »

I don't know if anyone posted before about this type of quests, but for now at SP or in MP also would be nice to create a'la MMO quest type and getting Achievements (as someone wrote in a different thread)
I mean example: Kill amount of XX monsters to get the prize (Achievement)
Or collect (salvage) amount of specific items, gems, number of salvaged items (especially unique or set items), Open amout of chests on the map. Drink cauldron or a shrines, Use a skill in amount of XX etc.

I think it would be nice to create a special Thread for this idea and collect the suggestions from users (ofc if this idea is possible to create)

I like this kind of playing cuz when you finish the game with 2 characters game is getting boring a bit. Getting achievements is nice, I remember when I finished Diablo 3 with my one character. I was walking around to make every achievement I can :) but only the prizes should be better than a logo of Flag...
TryingToLive

Post by TryingToLive »

Suggestions would be to maybe try and import more gfx from diablo 2? Would be cool to replace fireballs and firewalls with ones from d2. Maybe monsters too? Characters would be awesome but I know those would be kinda hard with all the images that are required.

Would be cool to maybe add boots and gloves and gem/rune socketing?
Martim

Post by Martim »

I have one suggestion regarding "w", to change to secundary weapons, what if the spell/skill used last was kept in the memory of the game? For exemple: In primary weapon I usually use Normal attack(left) and Skeleton raise(right), and on secondary Fireball(left) and Chain lightning(right), so when I press "w" I don't need to change the spell/skill back. Was I clear? If so, what do you think, is it a good idea?

And that leads to another question: I have a Ring that gives +5 golem spells, a shield that give +1 to all spell, a mace that give +2 to all spells and an amulet that gives +2 to all spells. When I enter a Dungeon I equip this gear and summon a golem, and then I change back to my original gear. The golem summoned is a high level golem, but I'm no longer equiped with what gives me that kind of golem. Is that on purpuse? Should I really be able to do that? Or is it intented to be changed? I use this a lot, but maybe it isn't fair...
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

First idea is ok.

Golem could easiely by fixed to recalculate its stats everyonce in a while. Is this really wrong though?
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Martim wrote:The golem summoned is a high level golem, but I'm no longer equiped with what gives me that kind of golem. I use this a lot, but maybe it isn't fair...
There is also a matter of having the gear to read books ("+ X to magic"). We could question the fairness either of both of these or none. Yet the "wearing this Rags helps me with reading books!" thing was in the original diablo and no one minds, so no need to worry about that.
BrightLord wrote:Golem could easiely by fixed to recalculate its stats everyonce in a while. Is this really wrong though?
Nah :)
Martim

Post by Martim »

Another reason I came with this golem question is that I noticed that if I do as I described ( change gear, summon golem etc.), and then go down (or up) to another dungeon level, golem's life lowers as if he was damaged. So I assumed that this already was an attempt to prevent this kind of strategy. Does anyone also notice that?

And another random question I searched in the forum and I didn't find: Is there a plan to make more skills than the 5 ones we already have? I read that there is a plan to change some of them, but is there a plan to make more than 5 skills per character?
And by the way, those personal skills already is one of the highlights of the mod, great job already done! but just asking... And wondering if ideas are needed.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

There is plan to include one skill tree for each class with some passive and active abbilities but not in near future.
Martim

Post by Martim »

I am sure it will be worthy the wait!
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

Hello, I decided to update my previous post (the one containing just rough ideas) regarding my thoughts about how to improve the Necromancer class. I meditated about it for a while and now i'm ready to write the solutions that came to me.

I think the Necromancer skills don't need to be replaced. I just would like to have them revised and partially changed. My attention has been focused on each skill except for Raise Zombie.

As for Raise Skeleton, I'd just suggest a small nerf in fact of HP, reducing – slightly – the amount of HP gained by skeletons for each VIT point you invest after you reach a certain level [maybe we can use the standard formula up to level 32 or 40, and then decrease it]

In regard to Corpse Explosion, I'd suggest adding 1 second cool time. Now that C.E. Doesn't damage neither yourself nor your minions, it's thousand times more deadly than before, so maybe avoiding a spamming tactic here could lead to a more challenging and well-thought game-play.

As for Blood Ritual, I'd really suggest to lower its level requirements : maybe it would be nice to swap that with Revive. The problem with Blood Ritual is that it comes too late in the game, forcing you to spend much more points on magic than needed instead of focusing on vitality, which is meant to be Necro's primary attribute.

And now we get to Revive.
Beautiful skill indeed – the best, in my humble opinion , the Necromancer has in his private arsenal -, but still not exploited – always, IMHO – to reach the apex of what it has to offer.
This skill has the potential either to create a good , tactical [especially for the party, that could benefit from having this or that monster fighting by its side] and well balanced game-play or to completely make Necromancer an overpowered class. Therefore, I wanted to think about how to change/improve it very carefully.
Here is my idea concerning Revive. As written above, i'd like to swap its level requirement with Blood Ritual's one, so it would unlock at clvl 32.
Now, let's focus on the single aspects of this skill :

- Cool time needed : 1 second, or maybe 2 seconds
- - Maybe introducing a corpse-highlight system to select the monster you want to resurrect?
- - - Minions : Revived monsters should be set as minions, and follow you to the various dlvls and in town. With the proper balance, it wouldn't result in an overpowered or too simple game-play.

- Number of monsters : I'd suggest this formula : starting from level 32 , (clvl/5) + (bonus) monsters, where the (bonus) could be a fixed value, maybe 1 at level 40, 2 at level 50 and 3 at level 60, so that you can have, at your best condition, 8 monsters (or 9, if you want to round it up)

- Timer : Normal monsters that are revived should last until they get killed [same as skeletons and golem], while champions should either remain timed or be unrevivable

- Bonus to Revived monsters : I think it could be lowered, since Revived monsters [permanent, if my ideas are accepted] have good defensive and offensive potentials by their own. I must admit I'm uncertain whether to suggest you to lower their damage bonus or to remove it, but I think you will make the right decision in this matter (ofc, if this idea is accepted)

- Resistances/immunity : As we all know, resurrected monsters maintain their natural immunity to this or that element. I had in mind two options regarding the resurrected monsters immunity :
A) We could leave their immunity intact : this, during the game, will prove to be an handicap for the Necromancer himself [and the party], since he would have a lesser number of meat-shields against charged bolts or acid bolts that are produced by Enchanted monsters.
B) We could cut their immunity, transforming them into more resistant meat-shields than the skeletons [which, as far as I know, have no resists]

- Resistances/immunity piercing : Maybe Revived casters/ranged monsters should have a bit of your elemental/magic penetration? My idea here is to give them something like your penetration divided by 3, so that they could prove useful in the late game.

- in order to balance things in Multiplayer games, I'd also suggest that the number of skeletons and revived the Necromancers can have is based on the size of the party (i.e. players number) in order not to have hundreds of servants if playing along with two or three Necromancers.

Well, I think I've said anything I wanted to suggest about the Necromancer class. Sorry for the long post, but I really love this Mod – and Necro class – you're creating, and since I registered to this forum I wanted to contribute as much as I could :)

Thanks for reading, I hope I haven't bored you to death with these ideas ^^”