Newbie questions

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
Ychiju

Newbie questions

Post by Ychiju »

Hi!
I've started trying this mod, and I'm playing single player, because I like new quest ideas most. The poisoned water supply wasn't easy btw, and Andariel was tough, but I defeated her finally after coming back with level 9. :)
Out of curiosity, why are some monsters displayed with red text?
And according to your patch notes, zero durability should not make items disappear. But my shield disappeared, so does that apply only for magical items?
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hello Ychiju
Out of curiosity, why are some monsters displayed with red text?
They are demons.
And according to your patch notes, zero durability should not make items disappear. But my shield disappeared, so does that apply only for magical items?
"if durability = 0 item unusable" - it doesnt work correctly. I used this in my mod, in mltiplayer when other player joins my game and tries to repair the item at Griswalds' , the game crashes. The creator of the game is able to repair the item but other players dont. :/

In current version items disappear when durability = 0. I had to remove that feature bacouse it was bugged.
Ychiju

Post by Ychiju »

Ah, that is why. I didn't get the pattern behind that. :)

Alright, so it's not working correctly. Didn't Dr. Zed leave some notes about that? In his mod bows have arrows instead of durability and don't disappear when arrows = 0. Maybe it's possible to apply that feature to all item types.

Anyway, I just started, thanks for answering!
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Ok, I check it.

Thanks.
Ychiju

Post by Ychiju »

Hey again,
I have a big problem with the new patch. Not only can version 1.64a not find my old characters, it is also not possible to create a character.
Any clue?
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hi
Ohh my mistake on website, this patch is for Awake v6.4, not for 6.3a.

You Should Download and install new version Awake v6.4 next install patch v6.4a, and read this topichttp://www.awake.ugu.pl/viewtopic.php?t=74
Ychiju

Post by Ychiju »

Ah, that was wrong, I didn't notice that before. Now it works, thank you!