Patch 1.045

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Constance

Post by Constance »

radicool wrote:The way I see it is that spamming Firewalls and Lightning walls was a pretty lame tactic.
It may be because I don't play mage but I have to disagree with that.
Only a few fire or lightning walls barely do anything to champions/unique monsters — they just walk through them — , and it was already a problem not being able to cast more than just a few because of how much mana it costs, now if I also have to wait between each cast, it makes it even harder to weaken them before they and their minions catch me and rip me to shreds :/
Gnom

Post by Gnom »

BrightLord wrote:AI avoiding firewalls would make this spell even more overpowered.
If you make it simple: "Do not move there if there's firewall" you're right; you could use it for crowdcontrol. But that's far from "AI" term.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Very smart AI is not great idea for hack and slash game. It's not hard to program monster that will avoid flying missiles or runner thats nearly impossible to catch. Most people wouldn't want to play that for same reason they don't like playing chess on expert difficulty with computer. I think people who play games like this like to wreck tons of monsters and have very visible equipment and hero progression.
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

What about avoiding the interruption(and restart) of dungeon tracks each time you change level but remain in the same area? (i.e. you go from church, level 1 to church, level 2 and the track restart, instead of keep playing)
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

good point bright lord.
Gnom

Post by Gnom »

So, Bright, you think that nerfing player every time he does something relatively easy is better idea? :) I'm not talking about complicated AI of evey single monster in game, but do make unique ones something more than just bunch of additional statistics.

Why you're nerfing spamming walls but leave such thing as mindless mini-boss standing in the firewall and trying tu punch a golem while well... dying :). I just don't get it :)
Helliousdiablo

Post by Helliousdiablo »

BrightLord wrote:AI avoiding firewalls would make this spell even more overpowered. Cooldown is temporary solution to serious imbalance that happens if you spam firewall on everything. Either cooldown or max 1 flame per tile.

Apocalypse is also nerfed in original diablo it had no cooldowns and could kill monsters seen by infravision

I do not view nerfing as an answer while already having overpowering foes who take no damage from both fire and lightning and can kill u in a heartbeat . I am still dying on level 16 in he'll mode by normal monsters who take 4G er to kill even by spamming firewalls. SO NErfING patch is not my cup of tea and I play previous with nerfed apocalypse that's kinda useless as spell now.
Helliousdiablo

Post by Helliousdiablo »

Gnom wrote:So, Bright, you think that nerfing player every time he does something relatively easy is better idea? :) I'm not talking about complicated AI of evey single monster in game, but do make unique ones something more than just bunch of additional statistics.

Why you're nerfing spamming walls but leave such thing as mindless mini-boss standing in the firewall and trying tu punch a golem while well... dying :). I just don't get it :)

The nerfing is making the spell useless especially if the monster is immune to stonecurse and if he has poison attack he will kill you easy ... All about making it easier for monsters to kill you ... That is why im happier without the nerfing patch
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

I dont think the wall spells have been made useless. This nerf is good because it helps players to improve their strategy and tactical moves. For example , now heal others is more useful, since you need to keep ur golem alive wiithout recasting it while u cast a wall each 1-2 second(s). Also, skeleton spamming made this game too easy for necromancer.

Again, the only thing i'd suggest to balance necromancer is to remove the timer of revive skill (with all the limitations i wrote above with the addition of halving or removing their damage bonus). Its the only thing i can figure out to conuter a behemoh/arcane enchanted monster which is immune to bone spirit. I remember my skeletons doing 6 damages to Blackjade(with behemoth and BS immunity) ... quite impossible to beat XD
MadSkater

Post by MadSkater »

Hi,

got some issue to report. In this patch necromancer has an insane casting speed of chain lightning spell which makes it to imba a bit (at least on normal difficulty). Sorry if this has been reported already :)

Keep up the good job!
riesa

Post by riesa »

I'm reading this topic where some are giving props for fw/lw cooldowns, some want to stay the same as it was, but... No one mentioned that somewhere near 1041 version or one before it was OP, yes. But i was playing 1044 few days ago, and stacked lw (i believe it was max stack) was doing less damage than Chain Lightning. Between those two versions i saw some topics that CL had less damage, it was fixed in 1044... But is it possible that lw was nerfed then too but forgotten to fix? In spellbook lw have more dmg than CL so giving lw a cooldown is really big pain in the ass. Can something be done to this or its just game mechanics?
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

I just realized the Black screen during cinematic on fullscreen has been fixed this patch. Good job.
Fatziatenebre

I have installed HD mod but don't know how to install patch

Post by Fatziatenebre »

Hello

I have installed Diablo 1 HD mod and it works fine. Do I need to extract the patch version 1.045 the same way I did with the mod.
Please let me know how to run the patch properly. Thank you in advance.
I be who I be, so let me be.
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

Hello Fatziatenebre,

To install Belzebub, you need to download it from the site [and this you've done already]. Then, to install the patch, you simply have to download it from the site and, after that, extract them in your Diablo HD directory, and launch the mod from the .exe you get from the patch's archive.

I hope this reply has proven useful to you :) happy playing!