Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

To jest poprawione w wersji multi. Po prostu jak szarża trwa zbyt długo to jest przerywana
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

A)The description of Revive skill says "Returns slain monster [...] to fight for your side. [...] this ritual causes it to become enraged [...]".
It should be "Returns slain monsters (plural) to fight by your side [...]. This ritual causes them to become... etc
If, instead, the description is meant to be at singular, the only correction to do is "returns a slain monster".

B) The red winged succubus is named "Hellspawn" while I remember she was named "Hell Spawn" in original D1
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

The description of Revive skill says "Returns slain monster [...] to fight for your side. [...] this ritual causes it to become enraged [...]".
It should be "Returns slain monsters (plural) to fight by your side [...]. This ritual causes them to become... etc
If, instead, the description is meant to be at singular, the only correction to do is "returns a slain monster".

The red winged succubus is named "Hellspawn" while I remember she was named "Hell Spawn" in original D1

P.s I'm not sure if "fight for your side" is wrong. I only heard "by your side" . Anyone wants to clarify this doubt? :D thanks a lot in advance^^
Constance

Post by Constance »

"by your side" sounds more correct to me too, though english is not my native language and I'm not exactly fluent either.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Sadly, I'm only fluent in C++/C languages. Spoken languages are way too hard even my native one.

Someday mod will store all it's text data in mpq. Then somebody who knows grammar can fix it all. It took 3 patches to fix MEALSTORM
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

Yes, it would be nice to have a perfectly written mod :) i'm not a native english and I don't know it completely [in fact i have to constantly revise my posts because, when writing, i do some mistakes] , but maybe, when you'll insert the language txt files, i could translate it in italian for ita players [as written in my other topic, ofc IF you don't have someone in your team that knows italian]. I'm sure multilanguage will attract many people who doesn't understand english but loved Diablo 1.

p.s MEALSTORM was quite a tasty monster :D
Ogodei

Coloured inventory suggestion

Post by Ogodei »

I thought about showing you something i've done in my D2 mini-mod : a coloured character sheet.[nothing new, i know, but I think it would be nice to colour Belzebub's character sheet too, so that the players can easily have a look at what they're looking for].

Here's my example of coloured sheet :)

Sorry if it's written in italian, but i haven't much time to continue it seriously (i only do some small modifications for now) and to progress with english translation right now :)

thecurse

Post by thecurse »

i´ve just downloaded the mod and encountered some (minor) bugs.
one being that sometimes dropped scrolls seem to disappear (e.g. scroll of identify or inferno, 2 were dropped, i picked one up and the other one was just gone).
the other being that i´m currently standing in an empty butchers chamber, even though i have the quest open and yet not killed (or even seen) the butcher...

EDIT: oooh, i get it with the butcher. nice one :)
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

MaelStrom composite staff ... We shroud make subject for grammar errors :P
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
Fearwing

Post by Fearwing »

I recently encountered a bug related with Tremain the Priest.

I am not exactly sure how to reproduce it, but I remember that after giving him the sword, he bursted in flames and disappeared. For some reason, when I dropped the sword later and picked it up again, Tremain has come back to life, dying again when showed the sword :)

I suggest to take a look at the progress triggers in the Fleshdoom quest, cause currently it's possible to break the continuity of it.

And besides, don't you think that the requirement to talk to Tremain after killing Fleshdoom but before picking up the sword is unnecessary? He could just provide you with both speeches if you picked up the sword.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Most quest related issues will be fixed with multiplayer version.

Fleshdoom quest works like that because it's oddly designed and I can't really find better way to implement it while listening to the speaches.
thecurse

Post by thecurse »

had a crash to dekstop just now.
was attacked by a bunch of fanatic bone thingys, fled up to lvl 9 and they kept attacking me while.
crashed with a popup saying something like "invalid openAL instruction".

EDIT: happens too if attacked the moment you enter the town portal.
NakedSnake

Post by NakedSnake »

thecurse wrote:had a crash to dekstop just now.
was attacked by a bunch of fanatic bone thingys, fled up to lvl 9 and they kept attacking me while.
crashed with a popup saying something like "invalid openAL instruction".

EDIT: happens too if attacked the moment you enter the town portal.
Good to hear it's a common bug, happened to me as well.
Helliousdiablo

Post by Helliousdiablo »

MAke potions and scrolls stackable to 99 , eliminates the need to go to town
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

Helliousdiablo wrote:MAke potions and scrolls stackable to 99 , eliminates the need to go to town
Along with the purpose of belt, and mortality of game characters.