Patch 1.045

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

NakedSnake wrote:if you have a recipe level 50, the maximum item level crafted is 50 as well?
No, max recipe lvl is set to 50. Min craft item lvl req is 29, max is 48.

But, you can craft item using 50 lvl req recipe and get item with gosu stats which req lvl would be only 29.

Here you have example.

Helliousdiablo

Re: Patch 1.045

Post by Helliousdiablo »

[quote="
- Added 1 second cooldown to Firewall, Lightning Wall and Raise Skeleton spells to reduce effectiveness of spam tactics[/list][/quote]

All i need to know to not use this patch , why not stay true to diablo 1 and remove the stupid second cooldown on guardian spell because im tired of hearing that he can not cast that yet .
So im for removing these new cooldowns they are not cool and i think many agree with me , its hard enough to kill some monsters even without the cooldowns and i still havn't beaten hell mode cause of these overpowered black knights that wont die easily with walls. also summons are weak and die easy so no reason for cooldown there.

Also it would be cool to have resurrect undead to resurrect permanently
hellnecrotom

Post by hellnecrotom »

I am also for removing the cooldowns. It completely breaks endgame strategies. And for the love of the Pantheon, remove the cooldown on Raise Skeleton because casting 15+ times makes you want to jump out the window at the start of each summoning session. It was the Necro's main hammer to spam the shit out of them. I am also playing an older version just because of this :(
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Cooldown on these spells is very good idea. FW/LW were owerpowered because of instant cast. The only thing I want to change is damage dealt by them for higher value, but not very much, just a bit to compense coolddown as well.

Just learn how to play guys...
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

In my opinion, the cooldown for walls, skeletons and guardians had to be implemented long ago. I remember that playing necromancer was too safe (not easy,and maybe a bit slow, since some bosses are quite tough, but safe, since the risk to get damaged by something was very low, because I found myself spamming skeletons all the time). Same with the sorceror, you let the golem go ahead and spamm walls over walls, annihilating enemies in no time [i didn't play sorceror in torment mode, but i think this tactic works there, too]

Harder game - imo - means greater fun and satisfaction when you reach your goal :) so I'm definitely pro-cooldowns :)
Ogodei

Re: Patch 1.045

Post by Ogodei »

Helliousdiablo wrote:[quote="
Also it would be cool to have resurrect undead to resurrect permanently
I'm for permanent revived, too, since having your favourte monster fighting for you - and following you, too - would be surely funny, but it would unbalance the gameplay I think ,making it too easy in deeper level (14-16 or even before). The only thing I can figure to introduce permanent revived would be nerfing skeletons or introducing a 3-4 seconds cooldown or again reducing the number of the revived monsters you can have (or all these three soultions together). Anyway, Champions (Fanatics, Berserkers etc.) should remain timed, because that would be too unbalanced.
Helliousdiablo

Post by Helliousdiablo »

Ogodei wrote:In my opinion, the cooldown for walls, skeletons and guardians had to be implemented long ago. I remember that playing necromancer was too safe (not easy,and maybe a bit slow, since some bosses are quite tough, but safe, since the risk to get damaged by something was very low, because I found myself spamming skeletons all the time). Same with the sorceror, you let the golem go ahead and spamm walls over walls, annihilating enemies in no time [i didn't play sorceror in torment mode, but i think this tactic works there, too]

Harder game - imo - means greater fun and satisfaction when you reach your goal :) so I'm definitely pro-cooldowns :)
Okay why not make optional cooldowns in menu? the few ones who want them would turn them on while the rest of us will take them off cause we hate to wait.
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

@Ogodei

@Helliousdiablo

Reminder - the game is not made ​​for you.

@hellnecrotom

Eeee.. wait... cheater wants game to be easier?

Helliousdiablo

Post by Helliousdiablo »

Gamma_Corvi wrote:@Ogodei

@Helliousdiablo

Reminder - the game is not made ​​for you.

@hellnecrotom

Eeee.. wait... cheater wants game to be easier?

Still not upgrading just cause a few guys want cooldowns worse idea then that would be to make the whole game lag intentionally. When not broken dont fix it , game still hard as hell on hell difficulty i tried for days to get to diablo without much success.
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Don't quote post above your own, and write english please.
hellnecrotom

Post by hellnecrotom »

Here in Romania we have a saying:

We don't want shit done the easy way, nooooo -- we adapt =)))))

No hard feelings bro, but you know, we just like to meddle in all affairs :P

Peace n Luuuuuuv :>
NakedSnake

Post by NakedSnake »

I like challenge. So if the game gets harder, I just go with it. All the suggestions for the summoned monsters are nice and I would like to see them following you, when you tele, like your skeletons. But they have to be timed, cause like mentioned above, it would unbalance gameplay.
radicool

Post by radicool »

Okay why not make optional cooldowns in menu? the few ones who want them would turn them on while the rest of us will take them off cause we hate to wait.
This is a bad idea. The options menu is to customize the player's experience to meet their preferences. However, there shouldn't be options which alter the gameplay, atmosphere or difficulty.
its hard enough to kill some monsters even without the cooldowns and i still havn't beaten hell mode cause of these overpowered black knights that wont die easily with walls.
The way I see it is that spamming Firewalls and Lightning walls was a pretty lame tactic. Your right in the sense that the game was already "hard enough" and adding cooldowns does in fact make it harder. The answer isn't to revert to 0 cooldowns again, the answer is to rebalance around the cooldown philosophy. Ultimately, the game has made a change in the way we play it, and that's ok because as I said; firewall spam was a lame and cheap tactic and the game has fixed that. So it made a change for the better. This change has possibly spoiled the balance, but that can be fixed.

I don't think major balancing will happen in Belzebub. I think the devs are going to focus on finishing multiplayer and balancing that properly instead. For now we just suck it up.
Gnom

Post by Gnom »

Not sure I like it or not. I like the idea to make game even more challenging, but I don't like the way of doing it.

I'm afraid it will make game and boss fights more boring instead of harder. Maybe unique monsters should use more sophisticated AI script and try to avoid f/l walls whenever it's possible? Maybe wall stacking should be nerfed while wall base damage increased a little?

I agree that spamming walls can be pretty lame but easiest solution isn't necessarily the correct one.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

AI avoiding firewalls would make this spell even more overpowered. Cooldown is temporary solution to serious imbalance that happens if you spam firewall on everything. Either cooldown or max 1 flame per tile.