Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Zeb

Post by Zeb »

There is a bug where if you use a potion just as you die it will sometimes cause all of your gold to be dropped in something like 20-40 different piles. Literally left me with less than 100 gold when i had like 200k on me at the time.

Edit: I actually counted after i cleared out the enemies that killed me and the gold was split into 120 different piles.
Last edited by Zeb on 01 Sep, 2014 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Rota

Post by Rota »

eczek wrote:napiszę po polsku gdyz po angielsku nie idzie mi za bardzo moze ktos przetlumaczy

proponowalbym w nastepnym patchu u łuczniczki zamiast strzaly na 32lvlu dodac skilla na podobe walkirii z diablo 2 ktora by sluzyla jako zywa tarcza gdyz jak wiadomo luczniczka nie nadaje sie do tankowania i na tormencie pada na 3-4hity

a i skill z 18lvlu dodalbym na stale jako pasywny ktory nie musi byc aktywowany badz aktywowany raz na grę
Nie martw się przecież to Polacy mają tu główną rękę do roboty więc tłumaczenie nie będzie porzebne. Ja jeszcze łotrzykiem nie grałem więc nie wypowiem się co do Twojeog planu :P
EMI

Post by EMI »

Hi. I´m new here.

I have a problem with the mod. I can´t buy life potions to Pepin the Healer.

Anyway this mod is wanderfull.
Constance

Post by Constance »

EMI wrote:I can´t buy life potions to Pepin the Healer.
Can you be more specific? Like, he doesn't sell any? He has some but something unexpected happens when you try to buy? How exactly do you try to buy them (which mouse operations on which elements of the interface)? Are you sure they are not in one of the additional lines of your belt that isn't displayed until you mouse over it?
EMI

Post by EMI »

Constance wrote:
EMI wrote:I can´t buy life potions to Pepin the Healer.
Can you be more specific? Like, he doesn't sell any? He has some but something unexpected happens when you try to buy? How exactly do you try to buy them (which mouse operations on which elements of the interface)? Are you sure they are not in one of the additional lines of your belt that isn't displayed until you mouse over it?
He didn´t sell anything with mouse operation. If you use the buy button and then pick on anything he sells it to you.
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

RMB...
Helliousdiablo

remove blackness

Post by Helliousdiablo »

i have the suggestion to remove the complete blackness for darker light in dungeons it would save us from casting firewall and lightning wall spell and make hd gaming better
riesa

Post by riesa »

Dungeon is dungeon, pal. You have Infravision scrolls to not feel vompletely blind.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Resolutions higher then with 600 pixel height are just there for performance tests and will be removed because they impact whole game balance too much.
Martim

Post by Martim »

So no more HD Diablo 1?
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Resolutions higher then with 600 pixel height will be removed
WHAT? But only for Multiplayer mode, correct? Personally i use only 1024x600 but i like the possibility of having a bigger resolution, i would increase it if i had a bigger monitor.
Allow players play the single mode in the way they like, will you?
Zeb

Post by Zeb »

On my warrior I was using charge to get around faster and got stuck in a corner. He's literally pacing back and forth in this corner. Either way he got stuck in an infinite loop and it won't let me do anything with him.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Wingard wrote:[…] i would increase it if i had a bigger monitor.
Allow players play the single mode in the way they like, will you?
I tried playing at native resolution (1600x1200) on a 20" monitor and... well, it just doesn't feel good.
Even on my 30" (2560x1600) I don't want to play this game at anything higher than 1024x768, because it really starts feeling weird when seeing too much of the map at once, even though monsters beyond the edge of the screen can still see you and "get activated".
Martim

Post by Martim »

Maybe it could have the possibility for the host to lock a resolution by choice in a multiplayer game, so that everyone in a game uses the same resolution.
radicool

Post by radicool »

because it really starts feeling weird when seeing too much of the map at once,
It does feel strange. I also play Diablo in a low 800 x 600 resolution. I'm just happy the game stretches to a 16:9 aspect ratio though. I hated the black pillars on the sides of the screen when I played the Vanilla Diablo.
Maybe it could have the possibility for the host to lock a resolution by choice in a multiplayer game, so that everyone in a game uses the same resolution.
To be honest, I think the decision to increase the resolution was a bad one. To acheive a higher resolution, the game simply zooms out. This zooming out is the problem. The gameplay and atmosphere is affected. Diablo always had this claustraphobic feel to it. Zooming out and letting you see more spoils this.

When I was younger I use to be shit scared of the caves. You'd hear a demon's roar echo through the dungeon and out of nowhere this horned beast charges at you!

Enemies hide in the darkness surrounding your screen and you'll never know when they'll lunge out. I think its a good idea to stick to the classic resolution.