Hellfire 1.01 or Diablo v1.09

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
nexuscz

Hellfire 1.01 or Diablo v1.09

Post by nexuscz »

Hello i have not found install instructions for Belzebub anywhere.

What version is recommended to use?

Both works for me (in hellfire videos showing black screen but playing audio) but i would rather avoid some gamebreaking bugs later in game.

Thanks
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

We reply about thousand times , belzebub need only diabdat mpq from cd and that's it , you can run it (ofc openal need to be installed (from folder )).
nexuscz

Post by nexuscz »

I can confirm you only need to put DIABDAT.MPQ from Diablo1 cd into Belzebub folder.

Thanks for quick reply
nexuscz

Post by nexuscz »

Is there a way to have videos working other then putting belzebub into diablo1 folder?

They play bLack with audio on background.
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

That's the problem with non-orginal resolution , they cannot fix it or it will be very bad quality ;P
nexuscz

Post by nexuscz »

Wojtek25 wrote:That's the problem with non-orginal resolution , they cannot fix it or it will be very bad quality ;P
If you put belzezub folder into diablo1 installation folder videos works so that's why i'm asking what could do the trick.

However i'm not using this method of installation because i assume belzezub+DIABDAT.MPQ is proper way of install.
riesa

Post by riesa »

So try to install vanilla Diablo (even without any patch) and put Bel folder into it, like it's stated in readme file. It's just ~10MB more space but if it would work for you... Profit!
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

Try to copy dll files from diablo to belzebub ;)
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
TarkinMX

Post by TarkinMX »

Wojtek25 is correct, it's the .dll files. I came across this problem a long time ago myself when I wrote my own mod to switch between different flavors of the game like vanilla, hellfire and the hell. I believe the particular .dll file in question is smackw32.dll.
Constance

Post by Constance »

The videos are in Smacker format by RAD Game Tools, so yeah, it's most likely that .dll