Please give me advice on my warrior

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Peil

Please give me advice on my warrior

Post by Peil »

Hello everyone !

I'm trying Hell difficulty by warrior, but I have never defeated last floor.
Especially, I cannot defeat DOOMLORD GAM'AR the first boss.

Is there a winner of Hell difficulty by warrior?

Here, my warrior's screen shot, please give me any advice for clear the HELL!

And, I cannot decide between armor above and armor below...

Thank you :D
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

for better defence (don't know if that is the problem) you could upgrade your shield (if you have got the recipe for upgrading a normal rare shield...
riesa

Post by riesa »

Try to aim on ~600+ HP. You can quite easily change your left ring to something better. +str or +dex and +HP. LL and good resistances are quite hard to find but you need HP... Now, on my 34clvl warrior, without distribution of any stat (just +3all stats from LT and Island quests norm/nm) i have ~550HP and sometimes it's still too less for me on NM ;p
Peil

Post by Peil »

Thank you for advices.

I reconsidered warrior's equipment, but it's as poor as ever.
I'll find good equipment, thank you !

By the way, where is a most suitable place to get a good equip and recipes?
Last floor is hard for me, but I can clear other floors.

Thank you (^.^)
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

lost treasure quest is really good. the 3 chests at the end of the cave drop plenty of good stuff :)
riesa

Post by riesa »

IMO not really... LT chests on Hell give me stuff with max 29clvl to equip. So... It's quite only for Nightmare characters. Better drops would be on Hell/Hell with even just MP2. But... As someone said someday... Hell dlvl16+ with MP5+ can give you quite nice drops with 50clvl req items.
Peil

Post by Peil »

Thanks for good advices!
I got nice armor at HELL/HELL level.16.

Unfortunately, it decreases HP (my weak point), but I got good AR and speed :D
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

You must have:

1. More vitality (health).

I would like to propose combo from Viz Jaq'tar set and combo from Rhatma's set:

Image Image Image

or rare rings 2X str/2X dex/@ res/ X% LL

2. More damage/reduce resistances/LL/IAS.

Here I see three choices:

Image Image Image

3. More AC/FHR/FBR

Image Image Image

So, gain 50 lvl and find better stuff :lol:
Peil

Post by Peil »

Thanks for showing good equips.
I'll try to get these awesome items.

And,,, I just noticed how to change monster power.
MP10 is harder to me, but its good for collecting *grin*
Peil

Post by Peil »

Sorry, I have a new question.

Which way is good to find good equipment HELL/MP0 or NIGHTMARE/MP10 ?
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

The way of Lethal Hoover.
Peil

Post by Peil »

Thanks for all advices.
Finally, I have defeated DOOMLORD GAM'AR the first boss.
And, this was the start of real hell,,, diablo !!!

Please give me a advice for defeating him.
When I defeated GAM'AR, I equiped with highly resist magic.
I tried him with high fire resit (cap 95%), then I didnt suffer fire damage.

Any other advices?
Gariounette

Post by Gariounette »

If i understand how the terror domain work now, you were too long to go fithing diablo cause he have behemot and all the bonus...

Look at the map of the star it's used as a clock, when the star is bottom of the page on the full moon, diablo have all his buff and could be a real pain.
Peil

Post by Peil »

@Gariounette
Yes, you are correct.
I tried to diablo several times, but I couldn't defeat at all.
And time was over, my challenge has ended in complete failure.
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

Hell Diablo was a huge brick wall for me too on my warrior. It's largely a DPS race until you get him to about half HP when all of the adds despawn and the walls disappear then it is much much easier to finish him off.
If you are noticing he has affixes like Haste, Behemoth, etc. then you have taken too long in clearing the level and must start over. As far as I know you have one hour from the time you first enter The Terror Domain until he reaches his full power.

I used the Reaver's Ring recipe until I had 2 rings with +resist all, +crit, and some other desirable stats like +all or +hp/+vit
and I used the Stalker's Helm recipe until I had a helm with decent +crit and hit points on it.
For chest armor I used "Stoneskin" which is a unique cuirass with a lot of armor and +resist all (based on character level) as well as cannot be frozen, which frees you up from having to use the Bloodlord Visor for "cannot be frozen".
For belt I used the Viz'Jaq taar strap which gives +all attributes, some nice -dmg and some nice +resist all.
I used the same weapon you are using (Zakarumite's ceremonial knife) and a generic shield with some resists and vitality.

The trick is to fill in your resists to max (somewhere around 75%+) and try to get in as much crit and crit damage as possible as well as HP.
Whatever resists arent max just keep rolling your rings or helm until it gets a roll with that resist on it in addition to whatever else you are looking for. You also need a pretty large health pool (around 750 at least) to avoid being insta-killed by his flame waves and red lightning...the damage comes in very short large bursts but if you can survive the burst then the rest is very easy.

For fighting diablo, try to position yourself with an object in the square directly behind you (one of the gnarled little horns coming out of the ground, or a chest will work) but do NOT stand with your back to a solid wall. This is to avoid being knocked back constantly, but you don't want to use a solid wall since the flame waves will spawn stationary bits of fire when they hit a solid wall.
For me it worked well to get him to around 60% health, then activate shield wall and insanity to get him burned down to 50%, when the portals and add monsters will all disappear. Once your insanity wears off and you have the exhausted debuff just teleport a short distance away and let it wear off (do not leave the big main room he is in or he will reset and the fight will start over). After 50% he is much easier to deal with, again put your back against something and smack away and be quick on the potions when he bursts you with fire or lightning.
It may be a good idea to drop a full inventory of red potions on the ground in diablo's area before killing Benedict the Black so that if, when fighting diablo, you run out of potions you can pick them up off the ground and they will automatically slot into your belt.

As for clearing the level itself, you can skip clearing the northeastern room pretty much altogether. Once you kill Gam'Ar just walk/teleport in and aggro the boss then walk out and he will teleport to you to follow, you will only have to kill a few necros at the doorway and this will help to save time.

This took me the better part of a couple weeks of constant trying, failing, and trying again but you will get the hang of it and be able to beat him eventually it just takes time.