What char could defeat diablo in normal for the first time ?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Gariounette

What char could defeat diablo in normal for the first time ?

Post by Gariounette »

Hi all :)

Just discover this mod and i build some char but no one was abble to defeat diablo in normal and i'm all the time lvl 25 28 stuck in normal mod.

First was a necro that i had build like a mage - not resistant enough

Second, a vita necro, but not enought DPS

Then my warrior, but too much stuff dependant i could'nt pass the first seal boss and was overhelmed by invocations...

Then a rogue, firts try passed throught the seal but then i could'nt defeat the first seal boss again, guess i was lucky first time :s

Now building a sorceror and give a try, think this char could be less stuff dependant and i have plenty of spell book from precedent character leveling, but i haven't found any mana shield book at this time, i think i'll be one shoot if i face up diablo without this spell :s

Is diablo level diificulty intended to be this strong compared to precendent donjon level ? or i'm i doing something wrong ?
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

You can beat Diablo with every character. Whenever I started the game once I set up MP10. And so on, my necromancer beat him having below level 20 character. Mage similarly, for 17 or 18 level. Today I created a warrior and Diablo fell on the 20 character level. And I recall I beat him on MP10. Diablo MP0 is as easy to kill as easy is taking away the girl's virginity.

There are no restrictions tiered to kill Diablo. However, there is one regularity known as The Map of the Stars. If you don't kill him before time runs out, Diablo grows much stronger and he's harder to kill. I think the only reason why you can't kill Diablo with any char is oddly simple - you don't have good equipment or you don't know how to play :roll:
Last edited by Gamma_Corvi on 10 Aug, 2014 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
Gariounette

Post by Gariounette »

You killed diablo with a lvl 20 war juste with the stuuf you found during leveling ?

BTW i found the map of the star but nothing to explain how is it working, diablo's growing up at each seal we open ? Is it a timer ? If so when does it begin and how much time we have ?
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

No, I wore Tancred's Battlegear.

Map of the Stars works as the counter elapsed time to recover full force by Diablo. When you find it, shines only star on top of the Map. But then the stars below begin to shine gradually. When the last star on the bottom glitters in red, it means that Diablo is a fully of his of earthly forces.

When this happened and you talk to Deckard Cain, he comment with he's black humour: "I know you tried with all your might, but you fucked up and now Diablo will do autumn of the Middle Ages to your ass."
Gariounette

Post by Gariounette »

Ok so it's time based and have nothing to do with seal ? Cause deckard say this evrytime to me, so i shouldn't talk in forum while playing maybe diablo would be a bit more easy :o

The timer begin as soon as we enter the terror plane, or when we open the first seal ?

Cause i take my time to clean the level before opening the seal too, maybe a should save up some time not cleaning it before ?
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

It has nothing to do with the seals. The clock starts ticking when you kill Lazarus. There is also no matter if you pick up the map or you doesn't, or do you take it to the city and there thrown away, or do keep it in your backpack - the clock begins to count down immediately after the death of Lazarus. Map exists just so you know how much time you have left. Map of the Stars Quest doesn't give any awards. It's just a clock for the player.
Gariounette

Post by Gariounette »

Ok so in case of a new game it begin as soon as the creation of the game. That's maybe why i found dablo so overpowered compared to the other boss :s
riesa

Post by riesa »

Gamma_Corvi wrote:Diablo MP0 is as easy to kill as easy is taking away the girl's virginity.
Bullsh*t... It's not that easy! It's easier to find GPOW in vanilla Diablo than to find a virgin girl in real life!!

@Gariounette: I started playing this mod as a sorceror. I can't remember what was my clvl when i beat Diablo normal but it was easy with some basic tactics. Then i just pushed my sorc harder (Corvus, please, no second thoughts about this xD) he went to hell, just with some difficulties on Gamar nightmare, lurk some items and...? Diablo normal MP0 killed with warrior on 25clvl without any stat distribution (now 34clvl and still not even one stat point was allocated). Diablo normal is really easy. And right... With necro many thing is easy after 32clvl (dat blod ritóal...).

PS.
When this happened and you talk to Deckard Cain, he comment with he's black humour: "I know you tried with all your might, but you fucked up and now Diablo will do autumn of the Middle Ages to your ass."
Corvus, rozpierdzielasz mnie xDDD Sam walczysz ze sobą u mnie o tytuł 'You made my month' xD
Gariounette

Post by Gariounette »

Thanks yhea i should have begin by Sorc wich is less stuff dependent i think and maybe we could find some explanation for the necro for newbe and learn earlyer that it's vita based and no magic based as we would think with the diablo series.
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Then i just pushed my sorc harder
For juicy tits of Gillian! And what if this sparking nigga will want to push You harder after come back from hell? I supose an torment in someone's ass...
Last edited by Gamma_Corvi on 11 Aug, 2014 4:33, edited 1 time in total.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Gillians? Juicy tits?! O.o Did you ever saw Andariel?!
BuBuLk

Post by BuBuLk »

Thanks for map of the star tip .. didn't know utility !! (never played "solo campaign")

So... we just need to clear lvl 17 => return kill lazarus => rush diablo ?
riesa

Post by riesa »

Ok... In easy way... Forget about Map of the Stars... I'll tell you other way to know if you made your way to Diablo before Map of the Stars timer runs out.

1. You have 1 hour after entering Terror Domain to kill 'weaker' Diablo (any difficulty).

2. After time runs out Diablo gets properties like Behemoth, Mastery and so on... And you will see it under he's name. If he doesn't have any of similar properties, you're quite fine ;p
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

@riesa

Dude.. I prefer a girl whose knees bend once and in the right direction...

@BuBuLk

No. There is no shortcuts or way around. You must kill Lazarus and then smash mobs in the Terror Domain as fast as you can before Diablo will take off your pants.
riesa

Post by riesa »

@Corvus, Andariel have every part of her body in right direction... All of Succubies has then perfectly placed on the map xP That's why i play Necro so much last few days ;P

And yes, there is some way around... You can kill Lazarus, end game, and after starting it you have 1 hour to kill him after entering Terror Domain.