Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
isti0808

Post by isti0808 »

THX! realy i not found, but i'd like it necromancer!
I have tried to set rathma!
Gotrerdammerung bug I experienced!
But i am not cheater!!!
I have skull collector staff (i found!) and thundercall staff(i found)
i use this, bone spirite with boss, and chain lightning!
But I miss three spell!

Whats spell is this?
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

@BuBuLk

Many people have already mentioned that.

As for me uniques should have descriptions in dark golden color. I always liked, and sequentially rare items in the pale yellow color, magic in a strong shade of blue. I think also that the books should be more visible, eg descriptions in purple or red.

@isti808
THX! realy and not found, but i like it'd necromancer!
I have tried to set rathma!
But i am not a cheater !!!
isti0808

Post by isti0808 »

:twisted:
Gariounette

Post by Gariounette »

Storyline suggestion if using hellfire in the future :)

Well i can't really remember the original sierra story but this could be a new storry based on Adria. The other village people advertising the char about Adria beeing a witch and manipulating the char.

The nest could be the first part about Adria searching regent for a ritual that would grow up the char's power.

That could begin with adria giving an elixir to the char, the one she prepared with the giant mushroom reavaling the first demonic power of the char. evry time the char's demonic power grow up, he begin to corrupt a bit more Tritram, so the nest make her apparition.

After some quest in the nest, Adria make some more regeant for the char. Then opne and clean the crypt where would be done the last ritual where Adria would finaly be pregnant and the char must leave tristram at the end being to much corrupted.

The cow armor quest could be another place where the char would bring corruption to the cows, creating the Cow king by crafting the special armor using some uncontroled "cow essences".
riesa

Post by riesa »

I think some people forgot what this mod is in the first place. This is mod that adds quest from original sketches of D1 devs, adds mobs and cinematics that was created by D1 devs but were not used in official release and make it in adequate resolutions. But... It's still about D1 without Hellfire. There's still much work to do to make this release to be '>>Complete Diablo 1<< Modification' and still some people are asking about Hellfire. Try to remember that many people doesn't like HF at all, and HF wasn't first. So give BrightLord some time to finish D1 to MAYBE THEN incorporate HF to it...
Gariounette

Post by Gariounette »

riesa wrote:I think some people forgot what this mod is in the first place. This is mod that adds quest from original sketches of D1 devs, adds mobs and cinematics that was created by D1 devs but were not used in official release and make it in adequate resolutions. But... It's still about D1 without Hellfire. There's still much work to do to make this release to be '>>Complete Diablo 1<< Modification' and still some people are asking about Hellfire. Try to remember that many people doesn't like HF at all, and HF wasn't first. So give BrightLord some time to finish D1 to MAYBE THEN incorporate HF to it...
Was just an idea and suggestion 'see name of the topic)...

And this mod adds tons of modification that isn't D1 related that we could see only in D2 and even D3, not just a HD mod so... I just write an idea but the dev do what they want in the end...
riesa

Post by riesa »

Yeah, sure... But mostly ideas that was incorporated from D2 was 'things that D1 lacks'. So they were somewhere on community forums before realease of D2. But still... Trying to incorporate HF features to D1 universe is imo kind of misunderstanding. And is kind of trying to make things impossible. They're different games where some things are been modded very differently. If BrightLord started with vanilla D1 then let him finish it first. There will be (i hope not) time for HF after this.
Gariounette

Post by Gariounette »

riesa wrote:Yeah, sure... But mostly ideas that was incorporated from D2 was 'things that D1 lacks'. So they were somewhere on community forums before realease of D2. But still... Trying to incorporate HF features to D1 universe is imo kind of misunderstanding. And is kind of trying to make things impossible. They're different games where some things are been modded very differently. If BrightLord started with vanilla D1 then let him finish it first. There will be (i hope not) time for HF after this.
Hum hum, was just a suggestion, i don't decide for him, one again ;)

And my idea is not to add hellfire, but just using their places and monster to make a kind of addon, folowing the story line that we now know cause of D3 explaining it and respecting the diablo lore. Cause hellfire by sierra had nothing to do with the original blizzard lore. So it would be in the spirit of the mod, resting on diabo 1 but using the stuff from past diablo serie :)
riesa

Post by riesa »

So... There's something you should know (You could know this with just reading basics of D1 modding... Even when you're a fan and not modder). If you want to add HF places you'll end up in modding HF not D1. It's just how both games are constructed. I don't know for sure how Belzebub's engine is working but... Still i think it has some limitations based od DIABDAT.MPQ.
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

Hello, I have just registered here to report one bug and one suggestion.

BUG: When you try to make portal in Butcher's Chamber it doesn't work everytime - there is specific place you need to do this, otherway it crates simply town portal.

SUGGESTION: Game is poor balanced yet - example. I tried 2 classes: Barbarian and Assassin. Barbarian has got twice more strength as Assassin and used axe (4-12), while Assassin had scimitar (3-7), and Assassin still had better damage - that's weird, I think it will be all corrected?
riesa

Post by riesa »

Many things inflicts damage. Adding strenght increase plain dmg and crit dmg and adding dex increase plain damage and crit chance. Crit chance give more DPS than crit dmg but... Chance is chance. When you play enough with both characters you'll see that Assasin is quite weaker than baba.
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

In this MOD I miss hard core mode, in which you can't resurrect your hero after his death. What do you think?
riesa

Post by riesa »

It's been said few months ago. If you want to play hardcore character just delete it after death.
Wormek

Post by Wormek »

Oh, brilliant idea xd

I have got another short question and I think it's waste to create new topic for this. Do weapons and armor disappear after it's destroyed (0 durability) or just impossible to use?
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

Second one. Only in the original game items disappear when were completely broken down.