Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

@Gamma_Corvi
Note that the Satyr lord was also made for vanilla Diablo. And true, his looks badass - unlike the four other guys of which gifs youve provided. These four guys were created for Hellfire... :wink: Winged skeleton and Goat lord were monsters sprites unused in the original Diablo.

If the expansion would mean using the Crypt i think it could be interesting to add new colors to it! At the moment it has only orange (is it lava?) , but some green or red could look as climatic (it doesnt look bad in Caves area).
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

I knew, but he was used at all only in Hellfire, so I wrote as a mental shortcut that his is from Hellfire.

Other suggestion. I consider that in the character sheet, inside tab attack should be information about the damages inflicted by a magical spells that inflicts hero, not only the physical + magical weapon he wear/use.
radicool

Post by radicool »

For example maybe this cheerful bunch should be waiting for us inside the infested cellar?
I like the idea of seeing new units, but a few points to mention:

1.) I noticed in another Diablo mod that they used the Skeleton King sprite and Butcher sprite for units in the cave. I don't think these sprites should be used. It looks strange seeing 10 Skeleton Kings (Skeleton King lookalikes) runnnig at you. These sprites should only be used for the bosses themselves. Imagine seeing Diablos running around as regular units? Just strange.

2.) The sprites should match the difficulty of the unit. In another mod I saw really large skeleton looking units within the Cathedral. I found it very odd that the Cathedral (the easiest place in Diablo) had such large, bulky and intimidating units. It doesn't fit the difficulty level. Generally speaking, big intimidating units should be saved for the Caves and Hell.

3.) Units should be unique. Units should mecanically suit the sprite used. For example, big fat monsters may deal lots of damage but attack and move slower. I realised that playing other mods that they introduced too many units and ultimately made all monsters generic. Hard to explain this point but when I walk into Diablo's dungeon, I know each unit has destinctive behaviours, stats and abilities. If you decide to double the amount of units in the game, how do you propose to make all of them unique? It takes a lot of creativity and time to create a new unit. Don't add units for the sake of adding units.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Constance wrote:Hello there .o/

I've been wondering for a while as I have never found one, but is there an "exceptional" version of the Long Sword ?
I suppose there is not and that must be the reason why the Long Sword I upgraded became an Espadon (which unfortunately has lower attack speed) ? :'(
Replying to myself but I (finally!) managed to find a Battle Sword down in the caves in Nightmare mode, which looks like that should be the upgraded version of the Long Sword as it uses the same graphic and seems to have the same attack speed.
Peil

File name problem of screen shot

Post by Peil »

Hi devs.
Thanks for great mod.

I found a problem on file name of screen shot file.
The length of a file name is not constant.

Here is a example.

Timestamp "19:17:01" -> SCREEN201473019171.bmp (NOT GOOD)
Timestamp "19:17:12" -> SCREEN2014730191712.bmp (GOOD)

Maybe, when the timestamp includes zero(I mean 01 to 09 not 10, 20 or so), that zero was removed from file name.
My expecting file name is "SCREEN2014730191701.bmp", cause there is a sorting problem on Explorer.

If possible, please fix this problem.

Thank you.
Grom-Hellscream

Post by Grom-Hellscream »

What about using some Diablo 2 graphics for game? For example:

- Diablo 2 sprites for Andariel, Izual, The Smith, Hephasto, The summoner and other Diablo 2 monsters. I know these monsters were supposed to appear in Diablo 1 and later removed, but in my opinion these deserve their unique look, they are just standard monsters recolored.

- Diablo 2 character sprites or reworked Diablo 1 ones for Barbarian, Necromancer, Assassin

- New graphic for characters who equip 2 handed swords or mauls.
Davias

Post by Davias »

- add the monsters, levels and palettes from the hellfire expansion. The quality and careful work you have done with the original game is fantastic and the hellfire expansion can be dealt with in an equal fashion, despite it's flaws. Maybe we can have the monk and blood mage as new characters.

- add the tasks of the townspeople, which blizzard didn't implement in the release. The speeches are there and there could be some sidequests which could spice the whole experience during the playthrough.
Grom-Hellscream

Post by Grom-Hellscream »

Davias wrote:- add the monsters, levels and palettes from the hellfire expansion. The quality and careful work you have done with the original game is fantastic and the hellfire expansion can be dealt with in an equal fashion, despite it's flaws. Maybe we can have the monk and blood mage as new characters.

- add the tasks of the townspeople, which blizzard didn't implement in the release. The speeches are there and there could be some sidequests which could spice the whole experience during the playthrough.
Agree with monk, but blood mage, there is already the necromancer who focuses on life based spells and vitality, plus there would be too much casters.
radicool

Post by radicool »

- add the monsters...from the hellfire expansion
I generally disagree with this point. Hellfire have too many new enemies. I mentioned before, each enemy should have unique mechanics, behaviour and personality. Therefore throwing 20+ new units into the game could break the concept im proposing.
- add the palettes..from the hellfire expansion
I think the pallets give the game its own look. Hellfire modified its colour pallets to be darker, making the mod look and feel different to the original. I don't think chaninging the mood of the game or straying from the orginals looks is what people want. I could be wrong...
Maybe we can have the monk and blood mage as new characters
I think there are enough characters in Diablo 1. Especially if we want PVP, balancing the extra heroes could prove difficult. Belzebub has already brought in 2 extra characters; Barbarian and Necromancer.[/quote]
Davias

Post by Davias »

I generally disagree with this point. Hellfire have too many new enemies. I mentioned before, each enemy should have unique mechanics, behaviour and personality. Therefore throwing 20+ new units into the game could break the concept im proposing.
Too many new enemies? Belzebub has already brought in new enemies and a few hellfire monsters would add to the whole experience in my opinion. Maybe the sprites of new monsters could be used as champion enemies.
And the crypt graphics would look good in a special level like horazons sanctum or something like that.
Ok, the alien nest and his monsters and graphics are another thing, i think.
Of course the implementations should be handled carefully, without destroying the look and feel of the mod as it is.
Gariounette

Post by Gariounette »

I think this mod could add a secret level in the spirit of the cow / pony level ;)
isti0808

Rathma set bug????

Post by isti0808 »

Hi!
I have a level 50 necro, and i found 3 piece of rathma set: staff, ring, and armor! This is a very great set, but the staff "reduces target resistances: 29%" works in reverse! i can't damage any monster in torment mp:10 with any spell! This is bug, or not?
Gamma_Corvi

Post by Gamma_Corvi »

i found 3 piece of rathma set: staff, ring, and armor!
Firstly you didn't find this stuff, but you get these items from the pack, which alsok published. Pastoral, which he found has the same stats as the one in the photo that you put on the forum. Who do you want to cheat buddy?

Secondly (shame yourself Brightlord :wink: ) it's a bug.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Yup. It's a bug. One of two items bugs that should be fixed asap. Second one is Gotterdamerung bug that Jofuss reported some time ago. After taking of this helm resistances is still 0% until making a new game.

PS. When i read that he FOUND armor/staff/ring i knew it was from this item pack before even looking at stats xD
BuBuLk

Post by BuBuLk »

Hi, it's another subject, but I'd like to talk about the color of rare/unique items...

in my opitinion, unique color should be ... yellow/brown. We cannot see very well the difference when all items are on the floor, as shown above

may be more ... brown ? (like crafted item)

it's just a point of détail :)

++

(it's just possible I have gama or pixels problems on my screen..)