Some exploits

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

There are multiple ways to anticipate memory edits. Some smart encryption and validation techniques could filter out 99,9% of crackers. There are still some evil masterminds that can crack anything but underground games aren't their target. Problem is that it's waste of developer time to do this kind of protections.
Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

You are correct. People will find stuff, no matter how safe from exploits make it. Blizzard for example got so far held up on that end that they lost me as a client for any future game they develop, forever. They irritated me so much that I cannot even begin to explain.

But these 'exploits' are fun to play with, I think they add to the game experience, another way for grinding. They are in some way similar to find a place in the game which is fast accessible and with nice drops. Such was Mephisto and Pindle in Diablo 2 (1 min runs), this is LT and Andariel in Belzebub.
Doing these runs are also a kind of 'exploit' to the game play as they are done quickly and drop a lot of items (especially with sorc). So if people think that doing these runs are their way of feeling...'legit' :) , well good for them. So in the end...have fun from all the aspects the game gives you, that's the main reason it is called a game, fun. Somehow this lately has been misled with competition and money...fun became - secondary or even third, which is kinda sad. Probably the reason we now all play a game from 1998 rather than one from the last couple of years :)
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

Elle wrote:I observe that ever since you reported the AC and durability crafting issue to have it fixed, your every other (or third or fourth) post somehow refers to this exploit, and how it was reported by you.
I acknowledge your constructive criticism as to my conduct, even if it is exaggerated. If you feel in any way offended as to the way I cite examples and references to my positions, I must sincerely and publicly apologize as this is not my intention. This would probably be better discussed in private messages or if you feel the need for it to be open to the public, under its own topic as to not detract from the topic at hand.

I've always been a firm believer of the saying "One should not air out their dirty laundry in public."