ENGLISH PLEASE!

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Stahlhagel

ENGLISH PLEASE!

Post by Stahlhagel »

Whats that here? At first all questions in english and now the most questions in Polish. I mean, Im a german guy that can understand english. but i have also write in english, its not so esay but (google helps). i see a new question and will know the questons and the answers.

Pls write in english or "german" ;-)
Jofuss

Re: ENGLISH PLEASE!

Post by Jofuss »

Stahlhagel wrote:Pls write in english or "german" ;-)
It comes and goes in waves. I just do the best to go with it. If I have time to translate the polish or german or whatever, I read and respond. If I don't have time it goes ignored.

You need to keep in mind that many of the people who are heavily involved in this project are polish... The English (and other) speakers came after...

I have tried to get in the habit to post my responses to other languages as both the translated language as well as the English original.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

I don't see how this is relevant.

Discussion is continued in language of first post in topic. :)
Whether it's English, polish or demonic it doesn't matter.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

I think it is relevant, at least from non-polish speakers point of view. They could have a impression that these threads contain important discussions and suggestions that will influence the future of this mod!

Little do they know though that these threads could be pretty accurately paraphrased into:
- "i didnt kill Horazon but the quest about him is still on the quest list, wat do i do?"
- "im playing as a Sorceror but i dont know which stat should i max, pls halp"

:wink:
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

Use google translate if you are so eager to know what people are saying. I do not speak any languages other than English but I have no problem translating things for myself if I really need to know whats being said.

Like Jofuss said, if the people involved in developing this mod are Polish then why shouldn't they speak their native tongue? You can't expect everyone to cater to you all the time.
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

I agree that people should speak their language as they see fit, particularly since it's the language of the modding team. It would be nice if people didn't use titles in English for topics in Polish though (so that we already know before clicking that the thread is in Polish)...
Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Andrettin wrote:.. It would be nice if people didn't use titles in English for topics in Polish though (so that we already know before clicking that the thread is in Polish)...
I second that
DREWPICKLES

Post by DREWPICKLES »

BrightLord wrote:demonic
:twisted:
:)