So i decided to try out Crafting for the first time and

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wingard

So i decided to try out Crafting for the first time and

Post by Wingard »

"Wow, Enchanter's amulet's stats list says it gives "increased spell level"! This may actually be worth while!"
Instead of selling items found i was salvaging them to get materials needed , and there they are, finally ive gathered them all.
"omg omg will this amulet be as viable as i think? +1 do all spells?!"

*Craft*

" +2 to Warp spell "

._. ...

No tooltip has ever decieved me like this before.

PLEASE, change the "increased spell level" info to something like:
"increased level of random spell" or
"increased level of one spell" or
"random spell's level increased"

The current information is misleading! Or was it just me being silly and everyone else understood it correctly? :(
riesa

Post by riesa »

Like it's said... It increased SPELL level instead of SPELLS level ;p And... You know... Selling items is worthless. It's still better to salvage them because it's extremely rare to roll nice stats with first crafting. Usually you need to craft even 5+ times to roll decent stat from a ~30lvl receipe... Propably later receipes would take more attempts ;p
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

The crafting system, in my opinion, is great in Belzebub. Crafting is the only thing thats gotten me as far as I am.
You should try crafting more, like riesa said, since selling items is basically useless due to gold being so easy to come by and only really useful for gambling. At least with crafting you can target specific stats on specific slots easier than trying to gamble (which costs a ton).
Jofuss

Re: So i decided to try out Crafting for the first time and

Post by Jofuss »

Wingard wrote:The current information is misleading! Or was it just me being silly and everyone else understood it correctly? :(
You are not the only one that was misled by this.

Then again its a translation to English so you can only expect so much...
Admiral

Crafting vs. gambling

Post by Admiral »

I found that crafting was fairly useless until later in Hell, when you start getting recipes that use Flawless gems or higher. The affixes you get before this point seem much weaker than what you'd normally find by farming. I'd prefer gambling in Nightmare and crafting in Hell/Torment.
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

OMG, I'm just SO HAPPY that I read this post!!! I have been farming craft materials and everything EXACTLY to make "+ spell levels" itens, I I was misled by the information, just like you, Wingard!
I would be so frustrated... this post just saved me pretty much all the fun I'm having with the game, I would just be too sad too keep playing if I had gotten "+2 warp spell" after so much farming I've been doing ;P
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

New user browsing old threads? Havent seen that before!

Good to know this was of use to you, Skyros :D
Skyros

Post by Skyros »

I was looking for another information about crafting, so I read a dozen crafting related topics before posting. =)
Maybe you can help me with my doubt:
http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/very-quick- ... t1038.html
Thanks!! =D
Cheers!