Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Soo, what if bonus to weapon damage (non-elemental) was adding a bonus psyhical damage to our spells? :)

Going deeper we could have weapon's durability level influence spell's duration (increased for 0,5% or 0.1 second for each 1 point of current (not max) durability. not sure about indestructible ones making spells permament but that would be interesting (and OP)).
Constance

Post by Constance »

BrightLord wrote:Try clicking on file name :oops:
Ha, nice, thanks ^_^
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

BrightLord wrote:All these changes will allow to balance sorcerors damage as it will be more dependand on gear and greatly reduce amount of resists and immunes on monsters while keeping high difficulty level.
As long as learning additional spell tomes doesn't seem pointless after... DO WANT!

I would hate to see the sorcerer become gear dependent though... If you really have to start min/maxing on gear just to be able to play casual on a sorcerer going forward, that would be disappointing to me.
Last edited by Jofuss on 03 May, 2014 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Spell level will still be very important factor as it increases % of damage you get from basic spell damage + bonuses. Just not the only important :)
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

BrightLord wrote:Spell level will still be very important factor as it increases % of damage you get from basic spell damage + bonuses. Just not the only important :)
Well that's reassuring. Now as long as a naked sorcerer isn't as useless as a naked barbarian.... :)

I haven't had a chance to look at the actual spreadsheet but will this summarily increase the damages of spells of other classes to similar orders of magnitude as well as a side effect? Or will this be controlled still by lesser mana pools and lesser spell levels?
Constance

Post by Constance »

Alright, I understood there won't be an update for a long time, but I guess it won't hurt to report this so that maybe, when we do get an update, this could be changed: I just salvaged an item that had the Indestructible property. I suppose it should not be possible to salvage those. :wink:
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

Constance wrote:Alright, I understood there won't be an update for a long time, but I guess it won't hurt to report this so that maybe, when we do get an update, this could be changed: I just salvaged an item that had the Indestructible property. I suppose it should not be possible to salvage those. :wink:
Ah yes but was it destroyed... or disenchanted?

It isn't indisechantable is it?
Andrettin

Post by Andrettin »

Constance wrote:Alright, I understood there won't be an update for a long time, but I guess it won't hurt to report this so that maybe, when we do get an update, this could be changed: I just salvaged an item that had the Indestructible property. I suppose it should not be possible to salvage those. :wink:
I think "indestructible" just means that it doesn't suffer from wear and tear due to use, not that it cannot be disassembled or is unchangeable.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Well that's probably subject to interpretation.
But I think technically the salvaging as it is currently done in the mod does destroy the item, since you cannot reassemble it from the parts you get.
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

BrightLord wrote: (...) All these changes will allow to balance sorcerors damage as it will be more dependand on gear and greatly reduce amount of resists and immunes on monsters while keeping high difficulty level.
Awesome.
Though this is quite a change, and will have to be tested.

It can end up like in D3, where fragile, small caster were running around with gigantic 2h swords or cyclopean maces because those made spells scale better than staves, wands or focus items.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

It's not weapon damage that spell damage will be based on. Instead it's bonus elemental damage from magic affixes. There will be ofcourse more of these affixes with wider range across all ILVL's. Technicaly there might be even some unique axe with huge fire damage. However to use it sorcerer will need huge amount of strength which doesn't make much sense.
illusion

Post by illusion »

SORCERER: items with % chance to cast teleport should teleport to random places or away the attacker not like now toward him.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

BrightLord, maybe you could post an img of what you imagine will be such an item?
uRa!
riesa

Post by riesa »

illusion wrote:SORCERER: items with % chance to cast teleport should teleport to random places or away the attacker not like now toward him.
So you mean that you want '% chance to cast phasing' instead of teleport? I think that's how it's done now is better. You get stunlock and then just point your mouse behind some wall and just wait. With phasing you could me moved just few squares from your position so it's not help you in stun situation ;p
illusion

Post by illusion »

it doesnt depend on mouse position it always teleport you in front of mob that attack you (you can not escape mobs casting charged bolts on hit). So its should be like as you said.