Bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

It can happen because projectile range is not fixed to go along with resolution changes yet.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Constance wrote: Now I'll probably hate myself for reporting it when this is fixed but hey ^^'
Not only you hate yourself for this issue xD
Constance

Post by Constance »

BrightLord wrote:It can happen because projectile range is not fixed to go along with resolution changes yet.
Well even in 800x600 they can't reach if I'm far enough, and even though I can't see them, which makes it impossible to cast a firewall or lightning wall where they stand, I guess I can still attack them with fireballs/lightnings and such in the general direction where their spit comes from.
BTW are you saying you plan to make monsters capable of attacking you from farther if you play in a higher resolution ? So basically you can be attacked by half the map at once if it's too high ? xD
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Problem is that acid spitter AI is currently stupid. It should follow when not close enough.
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

BTW are you saying you plan to make monsters capable of attacking you from farther if you play in a higher resolution ? So basically you can be attacked by half the map at once if it's too high ? xD
I hope it works properly if this is the case... I already go nuts because of monsters attacking me from off the screen as is. I personally CAN'T play above 1024x768... I've tried... it bothers me. Mouse tracks too slow, I see way more than I should... eh just a personal preference I guess.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Yeah, I've tried too and it feels a bit weird with anything more than 800 pixels high.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

everyone's talking about the thousands of new resolution options, stone curse changes and Necromancer Class, and i'm Still playing the 1.033 patch :D
uRa!
riesa

Post by riesa »

andronnik wrote:everyone's talking about the thousands of new resolution options, stone curse changes and Necromancer Class, and i'm Still playing the 1.033 patch :D
I would like to go back to previous version too but... That Necro <3
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

My only gripe really is the constantly clicking on the desktop by mistake and having my game minimize. Specially since it DOESN'T pause the game....
(I play full screen but have two monitors.)
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

There are still few spots left in the spellbook, so... Frostwall. Nuff said.

blankname

Post by blankname »

fuck, yeah!
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

Wingard wrote:There are still few spots left in the spellbook, so... Frostwall. Nuff said.

Oh shit man I just spent like 2 full minutes laughing my ass off at this.

Well done! You get a cookie.

Like I said in the other post, though, I think it's a bad idea just like physical damage mind mace without a nerf. I would find myself using nothing but these two spells... and thus all other spells become mostly useless.

Edit: And if that is your cat, she is beautiful! Now give her her damn food! :)
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

dafuck you cat wants frost spell...? My cat usually likes heating fan, she would even prefer inferno and firewall to a frost wall.....

But anyway, what exactly do you mean by frost wall? A wall which does cold dmg and slows enemies passing through, or a wall of ice which blocks mobs for some time? If the second, then i totally disagree, cause sorceres could perma cast it to defend themselfes from mobs, cast spells from there and stay undefeated.
uRa!
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

what exactly do you mean by frost wall? wall of ice which blocks mobs for some time?
hell no, who said anything about that? :O Thats OP, i would totally disagree myself. Im thinking about the frost equivalent of the firewall or lightning wall, which means wall-like damaging spell + freeze onto the characters passing through it.

2. "i need dis" is a meme, i found the cat along with it - you can google it up. so... this is not my cat. :)
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

The original discussion began with Elle mentioning that there is no equivelent to the utility of firewall and lightning wall for cold spells.

I followed up mentioning that I've often wished for a "Cold wall" type spell but feel it would be OP.

Wingard took the frost wall concept and ran with it :)