THE ULTIMATE SUGGESTIONS THREAD

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Constance

Post by Constance »

BrightLord wrote:There should be some kind of bug tracker soon. Might also be used as suggestion tracker where each suggestion could be commented.
Well that would be nice :}
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

Nice list of all the suggestions players have come up with. I wanted to add my own opinions on the suggestions...keep in mind these are just my opinions and I do respect the opinions of others who may disagree with me. Here goes:

Code: Select all

1. create levels from Hellfire (Hive and Crypt)
1. NO - This would be nice, but this kind of major addition should not be given any kind of priority at the moment 

2. make open source of the mod avaliable for the users
2. NO - When the developers have completely finished their game then sure, but this is their project to work on and enjoy
	and nobody else should have the right to change it or take control until they have decided they are finished.

3. make an option to create a Hardcore character
3. NO - This problem is easily fixed with the "death count" suggestion. There is no need for a dedicated hardcore mode.

6. bulit-in bonuses for Staves - even non-magical ones - like in diablo 2. (for example +to spellpower, +to casting speed or at least +X to Y, where Y is a spell)
6. NO - Sorcerors already have it easy compared to other classes...there is no need for this added complexity.

7. Nova, Immolation, Frozen orb, Flame wave, Elemental are inefficient to cast. too low damage for too high mana.
7. YES - This problem has existed since the original game as well (minus the Frozen Orb of course)

8. buff Inferno's damage
8. YES - Inferno has not been viable even since the original game 

11. Dark pact spell has too high cooldown
11. NO - Between mana potions and leech there are lots of ways to replenish mana, Dark pact feels fine to me 

12. higher levels of higher level spells require too much Magic to aquire. in this regard progress of a Sorceror slows down drastically on 26-28 char lvl
12. NO - I've never had any trouble stashing a set of +magic gear for reading books... even into the "teen" levels 

13. no enemy - whether normal or boss - should be immune to every non-psyhical damage source
13. YES - In the later difficulties it has always been normal to resist all schools, but immune is too crippling to magic classes. 

14. nerf Arcane trap (Flash) and Nova trap on Hell and Torment difficulties. they deal too much dmg despite 75% resistance 
14. NO - Traps should be dangerous, and it gives the "disarm trap" skill more viability

15. time to kill not-strenghten Diablo (Map of the stars) is too short, prelong it a bit
15. NO - to me, the sense of urgency is what makes me play more frantically and dangerously...it is too much fun the way it is.

16. nerf the teleportation ability for Mage type monsters of hell levels. they teleport too often, its too annoying to deal with. 
16. NO - I believe we have already been given some room with this in the 1.04 and it seems right where it should be for me

17. make the effect of Secluded shrine temporary (this shrine reveals the whole automap of the level)
17. NO - Shrines are optional, don't click if you don't want...thats the way it has always been and has worked fine for me. 

18. skills cooldowns should scale with character's level
18. NO - I always have a cooldown when I need it, and the cooldown length makes sure I am using them intelligently. I love it the way it is. 

20. some crafting ingredients are too hard to obtain (silver oil) 
20. NO - I feel like their rarity generates excitement when you obtain them. I have not found them so rare as to be unobtainable, it feels good how it is.

21. sell prices are too high, hero can get too rich too quickly at later levels
21. NO - Since the only real outlet for gold is gambling (with its low success rate) I don't see this being a problem.

22. make Pepin heal us automatically rather than after clicking "Recive healing". same with Adria and mana.
22. YES - Nice quality of life feature added in Hellfire, would be nice to have it in Belzebub 

23. option "Identify all" on Cain's
23. YES - YES YES YES YES

24. automap icon for Town portal, Wypoints, exit from the Forest level (Andariel) and Enterance to the Diablo level (Terror domain)
24. YES - Nice quality of life feature 

25. magic find stat affecting our chance to get better items by gambling (rares, uniques, sets)
25. NO - gambling is already a good gold sink, and with gold being so easy to acquire it would be trivial to equip a character through gambling

26. Quest window would show on which lvl does the selected quest takes place (for example "The butcher" "Level 2") 
26. YES - I believe I saw a post saying there was intentions to improve the quest interface already.

27. mass buying a potion by shift+right clicking it in the shop to fill every empty spot in the belt with a potion of this kind
27. YES - Nice quality of life feature from D2...would be great in Belzebub

28. option for downgrading gems
28. YES - It seems it would be easy for someone to chip a gem on purpose, so why not let players downgrade at a 1:1 ratio

30. in the item's tooltip it's durability be shown in different colour when approaching low value
30. YES - nice quality of life improvement

31. decrease the range of view for ranged monsters
31. NO - I like having to play smart and not activate more monsters when chasing...it adds more depth to the gameplay 

32. let it be possible to hurt Mage type enemies as long as they are not COMPLETELY vanished when they start to teleport 
32. YES - I believe this was already implemented?

33. focus on making a Multiplayer mode now and give less attention to any other suggestion or bug report
33. NO - As a player I would say YES because I really want multiplayer, but this is a hobby project for the developers enjoyment. Work on whatever you enjoy and progress will come in time.

35. instead of fixed skill sets create a skill trees for every class
35. NO - This is a lot of extra work and development time...the classes already feel distinct and well done.

36. remove lvl 1-3 scrolls from the game with the exceptions of Town portal, Identify and Ressurection (only in multiplayer)
36. NO - While they don't see a lot of use, sometimes they come in handy. They have always been in the game and I see no reason to change that. 

37. remove classes and make one hero with an option to choose the gender and appearance
37. NO - Different classes add a lot of replayability to the game... I plan on playing through again with something else when I'm done with my warrior.

38. merge the characters classes with each other (warrior with barbarian, rogue with assassin and sorceror with necromancer). skills would be on their skill trees with two branches.
38. NO - For replayability reasons as well as character diversity, more distinct classes is a good thing!

39. make a running system like in diablo 2
39. NO - The maps are already small enough, and the teleport skill is easy enough to get. Warrior charge already works much like running if you Shift+click the ground.

40. skill tree like in diablo 3 - there is 8 of them divided to 4 levels with 2 on each one. you get to choose one of the every level.
40. NO - Diablo 3 is an abomination.

41. Full friendly fire. everyone in different team, everyone able to hurt his allies (other players, golem)
41. NO - Original Multiplayer worked a lot like this (even without hostile being active) and it was a major pain to play anything but 2 warriors together.

44. attributes of the cratfed items should depend of the level of character whomade them to keep recipes viable throughout the whole game
44. NO - This would really dumb down and simplify the crafting system. I like the tiered recipes and it makes for more rare things to hunt for to improve your character.

48. lower the poison damage (from poison spitters, poison enchanted bosses and poison nova of the enemies)
48. NO - Poison enchanted give some of the most interesting fights...most bosses end up being Hit-Recovery locked and clicked until dead. Poison forces you to move and play carefully. Adds depth.

49. introduce a Poison type of damage along with a resistance for it
49. YES - I am not opposed to this, but the game seems fine without...perhaps at a later time

50. count Poison puddles as Trap damage for the sake of "Recieve half trap damage" ability
50. NO - I feel this is unnecessary, especially if the poison resist attribute was added

52. increase chance to get better items by gambling (rares, uniques, sets)
52. NO - Discussed in #25

53. remove friendly fire in multiplayer not to hurt allies, ever
53. YES - With the exception of players going Hostile this would let sorcerors and warriors play nicely together

54. add the possibility to change controls
54. YES - I am not against this, but the game plays well without and there are other things that should have much more priority

55. recolor the interface to be less bland
55. NO - Interface stays true to classic and looks great IMO.

56. disallow player to teleport through bars to areas he should not yet be allowed to enter (like King Leoric's tomb without pulling the levers first)
56. YES - I am not against this, but in the grand scheme of things this is not really game-breaking and doesn't need much priority

57. allow users to donate the project and it's developer(s)
57. NO - I would definately love to donate to the developers and am not against them being paid for this game at all, but as soon as you introduce money
	 into the equation then the "fun-police" a.k.a Blizzard will take notice and interfere, possibly shutting the project down and seizing the money.
	 This has happened to a number of private WoW servers. This would definately be "shooting yourself in the foot".

58. dont display videos when the game is being launched
58. NO - Unnecessary, and the game was originally made by Blizzard...they should still be credited.

59. make the spell's charges be visible on the icon on the game's interface
59. YES - Nice quality of life improvement

60. move Horazon's fire creature to a bigger area or give him running animation instead of jumping around
60. NO - The creature seems fine in my opinion.

61. reading the book in the Horazon's Sanctuary that teaches us one level of the Golem spell should spawn a golem for us, like a Guardian book does in the Chamber of bone
61. YES - It wouldn't hurt.

62. option to turn on darkness in Tristram
62. NO - unnecessary addition that would not add much to the game.

63. make Tremaine the priest appear in town later in the game
63. NO - unnecessary and adds little or nothing to the game.

64. move Tremaine the priest from the house near town portal to little hut in front of the cathedral
64. NO - unnecessary and adds little or nothing to the game.

66. "already max lvl" notification for books with spells in which our hero already has lvl 15
66. YES - Nice quality of life improvement.

69. let mass destruction spells (nova, immolation, apocalypse, etc.) to be cast from under the Left mouse button
69. YES - More player control is always a good thing.

70. Meteor cluster's icon being rotated to make it look as if the missiles were falling from the above instead of flying from left to right
70. NO - unnecessary and adds little or nothing to the game.

71. Healing making caster un-frozen (Heal other unfreezing healed ally)
71. NO - This could trivialize the frozen affix. 

73. remove casting time from Flash and Phashing
73. NO - Flash could quickly become too powerful and it would be too easy to escape from monsters with phasing. Players should have to play smart and not get HR-locked or pay the penalty.

74. buff Firebolt and Ice shard at later levels
74. NO - unnecessary since there are already upgraded versions...the skills would still see no use because they don't splash like Fireball and Ice Blast do. They server their purpose as leveling spells nicely.

75. make Black death zombies bosses unable to apply the max health debuff onto the hero by dealing the damage caused by the hero by any attack other than it's melee attack (currently it works also for poison puddles for Posion enchanted, for Flash (Arcane enchanted) and Charged bolt (lightning enchanted))
75. YES - This seems like a bug or an oversight, and cannot be beaten without cheesy tactics rather than gearing or playing smart. 

76. make dying apply a temporal penalty onto the player character reducing one or more of the following: [exp gain, gold drop, magic find, attributes] for the death to actually matter 
76. YES - This adds a nice penalty without being too harsh that makes players play smart.

77. death count in the char window
77. YES - This is a fairly simple addition that could also appease the "Hardcore" crowd. If people wanted to showcase their skills they can show a character with 0 Death Count.

78. general stats screen containing counters with amounts of monsters killed sorted by type, total and highest damage taken or dealt, and such.
78. NO - I feel like this is just additional overhead and "fluff" that would never be used and take precious time and energy to code for nothing.

79. icons for "repair" and "repair all" should differ from each other, same with "recharge" and "recharge all"
79. YES - Simple quality of life improvement

82. lower the amount of rewards for easily accesible quest areas (like Lost treasure chets)
82. NO - It is up to the player how they want to play and farm for gear...this isn't Diablo 3. It is not always the best solution to nerf everything into the ground. This is a single player game.

84. make the both tooltips appear next to one another when holding an item and moving it above the other item of the same type (will allow to compare both items easily)
84. YES - This or something with similar function, this is a nice quality of life improvement.

85. ALT showing tooltips with names of shrines and libraries
85. NO - The screen is already cluttered enough with item names as is, and the shrines and libraries are large and noticeable enough without the need for alt

86. make barrels destructable by monster's projectiles
86. NO - This is a double-edged sword in that sometimes barrels can be used as shelter from melee monsters (to prevent being surrounded completely). I think it works well the way it is.

87. screenshot file names could use leading zeroes (since they appear to be named after the current date and time). This way, even sorted by name, they'd still be sorted in chronological order
87. YES - Relatively simple change that could improve Quality of life for some players

88. shield should allow to block only these magic projectiles that you have no resistance to, like in vanilla Diablo
88. NO - This mechanic makes fast block and hit recovery desirable stats into the later game and adds complexity to gearing and playing your character.

89. remove armor class from shields, increase block chance instead
89. NO - The shield/blocking mechanics have never been "broken", why try to "fix" it now?

91. implement Boots and Gloves to the equipment system
91. NO - The addition of 2 more equipment slots would mean the entire rebalancing of the game, as well as adding new unique/set pieces to fit the slots. It would be a lot of work and there are
	 more important things to deal with than major development like this.

92. remove "Animal" type of creature and make animal monsters either undead or demonic
92. NO - This seems unnecessary.

93. lower monsters hp regeneration
93. NO - Monster HP regeneration adds some complexity to fights and helps prevent cheesy tactics.

95. make a different background slots lighting for different items placed on the inventory/shop gride. set items would have green background, rares - yellow, etc. 
95. YES - Nice quality of life improvement

96. disallow NPCs to wander too far from their original spot
96. NO - seems unnecessary.

99. stash chests shouldnt be placed near the tavern, they should be near player's house 
99. NO - Stash chests are in a good place right now, putting them too far out of the way of the major town access points (pepin, gris, cain) would add extra tedious walking back and forth for no reason.

100. disallow the game to place scrolls and elixirs on the belt after picking them up or buying them 
100. NO - Where you may like to only have potions in your belt, some other players may use the space differently. At least in the current setup players have more freedom to place the items where they want.

101. make a notification on the screen in the moment new skill is unlocked (like the "Arcane knowledge possessed!" window or the one after pressing V, just with the "New skill unlocked!" message.) 
101. YES - Nice Quality of life improvement

107. Elemental drain should break enemy's immunity to Stone curse (with the exception of Diablo)
107. NO - Stone curse is in a good place to deal with normal monsters, but stone cursing boss monsters trivializes them too much

108. Stronger versions of the monsters (such as Berseker, Fanatic, Champion and Posessed) should give more experience when killed, just like Minions of a boss do
108. YES - Makes perfect sense, especially with Posessed and Champion monsters

109. Let "Repair all" option work only for items equipped, not for the ones in our backpack as well
109. NO - I like the "repair all" working on all items since I tend to carry multiple pieces of gear that I swap back and forth for different monster types.

110. Let durability of the item influence the price for selling the item
110. YES - Nice quality of life improvement, also makes practical sense

111. make Golem pick up nearby gold piles when out of combat
111. YES - Nice quality of life improvement

112. potion placed on the lowest slot of the belt's columns makes all spots of that column the spots only for the same potion type. eg. picked up mana potion wont make her way into the health potions column 
112. NO - This situation can be argued for either way but I feel like it is not a big problem as it is.

113. option to randomize new items in shop, for money
113. NO - This seems unnecessary since the shop never has items that will compare to what you find in the dungeon anyways. I feel like this would never really be used and not add much to the game.

114. option to randomize new AND BETTER (increased item lvl) items in shop, for money
114. NO - same reason as #113

115. let new character start with a single Town portal scroll
115. YES - Nice quality of life improvement

116. let golem break nearby barrels when out of combat
116. NO - Barrels are used situationally by players, and also contain skeletons. It is best to let players decide how and when to break them.

117. Shrines working on our Golem as well
117. NO - Im not even sure if the golem has the necessary framework to enhance it through shrines.

120. At the moment there are two places in char menu that show resists. Make one of them display them without the 75% cap
120. YES - Nice quality of life improvement

121. casting Teleport allowed in Tristram
121. NO - Fast walk is enough and the ability to teleport in town could add a lot of extra debugging and new unforseen bugs to the game

122. Each one of Sorceror's skill on a scroll
122. NO - Character skills are meant to be unique and not some cheap skill you can find on a scroll. This would trivialize the sorceror.

123. create a cow level
123. NO - I am not against this, but this is another huge development. There are other things that should be given more priority than new levels. 

124. nerf the charge. either reduce its speed or its damage, or both
124. NO - I feel like charge is in a good place. It forces you to play carefully and react quickly. Mechanics like these also discourage "glass cannon" types and make players gear smarter and more balanced.

125. Currently you can see the exact health and mana when you hover your mouse over the orbs. Add a option to make these numbers always shown
125. YES - Nice quality of life improvement.

126. Remove spells/skills images from above the player's head (like Mana shield's golden orb)
126. NO - I see no reason to remove these...

127. The spellbook's sheet remembering the last page it was opened on, just like character sheet and the stashes.
127. YES - Nice quality of life improvement

130. rename the unsumon spell into Cancel spell and allow it to cancel effects from shrines and character skills
130. NO - Seems unnecessary and many shrine and skill effects can be cancelled by right clicking the buff icon

132. arrows shouldnt be able to destroy barrels from distance (except explosive barrels by fire arrows)
132. NO - This seems unnecessary and cumbersome to rogues...I dont see a reason for this

133. let the Unsummon skill work on Firewall and Lightning wall
133. NO - This would be unnecessary if players were made immune to their own spells, also I don't think it is feasible

134. increase a space between icons of buffs for ~10 pixels so that two timers next to each other wont be making one long digit row
134. YES - Nice quality of life improvement

135. warning sound every second when the timer of the long-duration effect (elixir, infravision, mana shield) is going to wear down
135. NO - The game is already saturated with sounds, this effect would either be annoying or lost altogether in the mix of other sound effects.

136. single sound announcing that the long-duration effect has ended
136. NO - Same reason as #135 

137. Make Mana shield be applied by Sorceror hero automatically when entering the dungeon (any area outside of Tristram) for the first time in a new launched game
137. NO - I am against automating any character skills...the game should not be dumbed down and made idiot proof. Also a sorceror (for whatever reason) may not want to cast Mana Shield and
	  would have to go to the trouble of clicking it off

138. drinking a health potion while having mana shield turned on will restore mana instead of life
138. NO - Since mana shield stays active even when the mana is depleted a person may want to actually fill their health globe up with a potion. This change could
	  cause grief for some players.

139. Having a Mana shield on would change the colour of our Health orb from red to blue
139. NO - Similar reason to #138

140. add item level to the item's tooltip
140. YES - Nice quality of life improvement

141. add monster's level under it's health bar
141. YES - Nice quality of life improvement

142. make player immune to his own damaging spells (firewall, lightning wall)
142. YES - This will remove a lot of tedious waiting and solve other problems indirectly (If this is even possible in the engine)
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

Wingard, I appreciate the work you have put forth gathering the information and centralizing it... In my earnest attempt to cast my votes I found it ultimately wanting.

There are a number of statements that do not clearly lead to a "Yes/No" answer as its more a statement than a question.

There are a number of "suggestions" that have already been found in their respective threads to be either nearly impossible or unimportant compared to anything else that could or should be worked on first. There are also a number that have already been addressed but are still in the list. Easiest one I can think of off the top of my head is the "reduction of cool down on dark pact." It has been reduced to 30 seconds now from the original 2 minutes... Is the question a remnant from days past or do you believe its still too long?

I do not mean to demean your hard work and it is appreciated.

Keep up the good work.
Wingard

Post by Wingard »

Thanks for the kind words Jofuss. :)
There are a number of statements that do not clearly lead to a "Yes/No" answer as its more a statement than a question.
Yes, thats the point. Each idea could begin with "Do you agree with the idea to...", but i prefered to just skip that part to make sentences shorter. I know that it may seem somewhat raw, but people seem to manage this fact well (they understand what is the meaning of said suggestion).
There are a number of "suggestions" that have already been found in their respective threads to be either nearly impossible or unimportant compared to anything else that could or should be worked on first. There are also a number that have already been addressed but are still in the list. Easiest one I can think of off the top of my head is the "reduction of cool down on dark pact."
Name specific ones please (their IDs from the list). Im sorry if i included some outdated ideas but overall i was trying to start the discussion on these again - just in a different way (sticking to some rules).

As for the specific Dark pact matter:
If you ask me personally why was this even put on the list - becuase someone suggested it. I wanted to create on objective list, not a suggestive one. My intention was to treat everyone equally, i dont want people being mad at me for not including their ideas. The only ideas that are not on the list right now are the outdated ones and totally stupid ones, but i already explained in the "intro" section of the first post of this thread.
Hovewer:
if you still want to know my opinion about this matter, then do know that i dont use this spell, ever. Im playing a Sorceror, but its possible that this spell is of use for other classes. By the way you could see that i skipped this issue in the post cointaing my own opinions (second post of this thread) as i had little own knowledge about this issue. Sure i have this spell, but i just dont use it often enough (ive casted it like once or twice in my 32lvl sorceror carieer :) for me it could be replaced with some other spell).
If it still bugs you that this suggestion is on the list then i could say it becuase i wasnt yet here right after the mod went into the open beta and i dont know what was the initial cooldown on this spell. If people feel Dark pact is in the right spot the suggestion will simply be left alone as a bad one with the each next upcoming vote against it. :)

Okay, now there is one more thing. While reading opinions in this thread i noticed that some of them were not understood correctly in my opinion. Id like to now comment on these specific opinions, but i just want their owners to know that even if despite my intervention they dont change their vote i will respect that and wont force my own opinion.
So:
6. bulit-in bonuses for Staves - even non-magical ones - like in diablo 2. (for example +to spellpower, +to casting speed or at least +X to Y, where Y is a spell)
6. No – If they have bonuses they should be magical weapons. Basic design weapons should be white.
Mind the fact that at this moment its almost always better to use one handed weapon and a shield as a Sorceror, let alone other hero classes. There are sprites for each class using each weapon type, so no graphic work will be needed, while more variety would be added to the game.
7. Nova, Immolation, Frozen orb, Flame wave, Elemental are inefficient to cast. too low damage for too high mana.
8. buff Inferno's damage
7, 8. Someone really want to use those spells when have better already? // No
That. Is. The. Point. Of. These. Two. Suggestions.
No one wants to use them because they are too weak. Why should there exist "better" and "worse" spells? Why cant we have all of them viable for different situations?
Spell level is not about it's viability, its about how "mass" it is. Firebolt from level 1 hits one target, Fireball from level 3 can hit up to 8 targets, and then we have Immolation / Meteor cluster and Apocalypse from levels 4 and 5 that can hit many, many more enemies.
79. icons for "repair" and "repair all" should differ from each other, same with "recharge" and "recharge all"
79. After few minutes of playing this game it's useless. // No
Uh... how about new players... Or wait, even dont mind them: what could possibly be wrong with this suggestion? o_O Its just two more icons to make, out of the other two icons already existing.
101. make a notification on the screen in the moment new skill is unlocked (like the "Arcane knowledge possessed!" window or the one after pressing V, just with the "New skill unlocked!" message.)
101. It's so hard to remember that new skills are at 8, 16, 24 and 32clvl? Razz // No
Actually, yes, it could be hard to remember, especially for new players OR the ones that came form vanilla Diablo and are not familar with the skill system introduced in this mod. And besides that i will repeat myself here: what could possibly be wrong with this suggestion?
118. Andariel spawns only after we turn off all of her red wisps placed throughout her forest level
118. Could be nice but... Those red things are traps, so... // No
... so it would actually make sense for her to show up after the player pissed her off by turning off her lights and is weakened in terms of magic resistance. By the way in the very similar way the Island of the Suneless sea quest works right now.
14. nerf Arcane trap (Flash) and Nova trap on Hell and Torment difficulties. they deal too much dmg despite 75% resistance
14. NO - Traps should be dangerous, and it gives the "disarm trap" skill more viability
What about the characters that does NOT have "disarm trap" skill? Should every character be forced into having "Recieve half trap damage" stat on himself after beating Nightmare difficulty?
63. make Tremaine the priest appear in town only later in the game
63. NO - unnecessary and adds little or nothing to the game.
Just like the priest himself :D:D Sorry, i couldnt resist myself. But seriously, there is no ues of Tremaine before hero enters levels of hell area, why should he be always in town before that? Besides gossips from townsfolks mention Tremaine as a wanderer, not a settler.
70. Meteor cluster's icon being rotated to make it look as if the missiles were falling from the above instead of flying from left to right
70. NO - unnecessary and adds little or nothing to the game.
Uhh... would rotating that icon hurt anyone?
74. NO - unnecessary since there are already upgraded versions...the skills would still see no use because they don't splash like Fireball and Ice Blast do. They server their purpose as leveling spells nicely.
Just like earlier in this post i already made a statement "Why should there exist "better" and "worse" spells? Why cant we have all of them viable for different situations?"
If buffed, Firebolt and Frost shard could be on par with Fireball and Ice blast considering mana costs. First two would be for fighting single enemy while other two for fighting group of enemies. At the moment only the second couple is used, but buffing the first couple would add a variety and depth to the spell managament in the game instead of just using a Fireball in every situation.

Okay, again i remind that i wish not to enforce my opinion onto yours, just wanted to comment this as a player. :)

Keep the votes posts coming, guys, the more votes the better.
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

Keep in mind when I say something like "Adds little or nothing to the game" what I mean is that the benefit to be gained is probably not worth the time invested to make this happen. Sure some of these things wouldn't HURT, but the developers time is a resource that they need to carefully manage. I believe they should spend their efforts on more important things. I'm sorry I didn't make this clear and I did not mean to trivialize anyone's suggestion but I am just trying to keep in mind that these things take a lot of work and some things would give a much greater benefit for the work involved.
radicool

Post by radicool »

This thread is a great way to collaborate sugesstions. The dev's can now see what suggestions have been made and it also helps to clarify which suggestions are a waste of time and what are more important.

The points I didn't answer are ones I didn't really have an answer to or ponts that I don't care much about/dont affect me. Like to say, Despite my answers, I agree a lot with Nomic has to say. He explains his answers well and I agree with most of them.

2.) Not initially. This is the dev team's mod to work on. They probably dont want copies and cheap cheats, etc added. Maybe in future after they stop development completely, this may be a good idea.
3.) Yes
12.) Progress must eventually slow because content runs out as you reach these levels. The game can't keep providing new skills to level so it must slow things down later. Not to mention the warriors who only level things to 5! I suppose they have little to no progress?
13.) True
16.) Yes. Even after the update, It would be cool to see a maximum teleport distance, or a cooldown implemented.
17.) Not important. Would take too much time to implement.
22.) Yes. Not important however.
23.) Yes
24.) Yes, yes and yes!!
25.) Yes. Not important however.
26.) Yes. But they are already reworking the quest menu. No idea on release date.
27.) Yes
29.) Yes
30.) Yes
31.) No
32.) Not sure. But they suck at the moment. Need to be looked at somehow.
33.) Yes
34.) Yes. I made this suggestion initially. See the full suggestion to clarify.
35.) No.
36.) No
37.) No
38.) I like the idea of Classes having branches. Merging would be the quickest way to do this. Hmmmm....
39.) No. It can't be implemented into Diablo 1.
40.) Yes. Would take a lot of work I suppose. Cool idea though.
41.) No
42.) Use it for what? Could leave it as the chat box. Chat log can display full chat history of tha game.
43.) Yeah I'm not sure.
44.) Not sure. At the very least, state a level of the recipe so players know if what they're making is sh*t or worthwhile, lol. If you stop playing for a month, you may forget what recipes were the good ones and which ones were what you found in the Cathedral in Normal difficulty.
46.) Cool idea. May as well let all characters dual wield?
53.) Yes. Multiplayer will suck without this. It was so hard to co-operate with people as a Rogue of Sorrcerror in normal Diablo. It was too frustrating.
54.) Yes. Not important for me though. But would help some im sure.
55.) Recolour is a stupid idea. What you should ask is if people want the UI to be redisigned. I personally don't care for a redesign, but if you do, keeping a Diablo 1 style is important. Colour change seems stupid to me though.
56.) yes
57.) This is not our place to decide. It is for the mod's to decide.
58.) No. Videos are good.
59.) Yes. More important things first though please.
61.) Yes. Not too important though.
62.) No
64.) No
66.) Yes
68.) No. Warriors have too little mana as it is. Who cares if the mana cost is low for Sorcerrors.
72.) Yes
76.) Yes. Gold only. Maybe EXP. All other ideas are stupid IMO.
77.) No. You trying to make me cry?
78.) No. Just not important to me. theres more important things.
80.) No
81.) Possibly. I think you earn a little too many books at the moment from libraries + chests + monsters
84.) Yes. Cool idea.
91.) Yes. Nice Idea but balance would be difficult since enemies would need to be buffed if we suddenly got 2 new items worth of stats, affixes and armor.
95.) Yes
96.) No. Odgen does move a little too far away though. Everyone else is good.
97.) No
98.) Yes. Same with all scrolls please. We must actually use them before they are gone.
99.) No
100.) Yes.
101.) Maybe "New skill button" like what we have with our stats. Don't go with big centred text like Diablo 3 please.
102.) Yes
105.) Yes
106.) Yes. Even in dungeons, he should always be visible.
107.) No.
108.) Yes
110.) No
111.) lol, cool. But I dont know.
112.) Yes. Definately
115.) Yes
116.) No
118.) I dont mind. Just make sure this is somehow clear to the player if the change is made.
121.) Yes
123.) Maybe. Would be cool. Not as important as some other things.
125.) Sure.
126.) No. Add an option if people are so against it.
127.) Yes
129.) Yes. Or allow the use of Left and Right arrows to modify setting.
130.) No.
132.) No. Let the rogue have her fun with safe barrel shooting, lol.
133.) Maybe. Not sure how to fix firewall situation. If multiplayer comes in I shouldnt be hurt by my allies firewall. So then maybe I shouldnt be hurt by my own firewall? That's probably better. Still not 100% sure though.
135.) No
136.) Yes. Universal sound for all positive buffs that have worn off would be cool.
137.) No. That's silly.
138.) No.
139.) Nooo.
140.) No
141.) No
142.) Yes. See my 133 point.
146.) yes
147.) Would be cool Not too important though.
149.) Yes
Constance

Post by Constance »

Wingard wrote:As for the specific Dark pact matter:
[…]I'm playing a Sorceror, but its possible that this spell is of use for other classes.
Indeed, I used it a lot with my Warrior until I could get some mana leech (thanks to Andariel's amulet), because of how low my max mana is and how much both the Healing or a single Firewall spell cost ^^'
Still, I found the cooldown to be OK. Lowering it without doing anything else to balance again would probably make it overpowered, as you can heal yourself when you HP gets too low because of it, cast it again and be back at 90% health with full mana (again, on a Warrior's perspective).

BTW about #132 : how about we let the barrels be destroyed by arrows only if the cursor was actually pointed to a barrel (not necessarily the one it hits?) when the arrow was shot?
Dunno if it's possible but... I guess that should satisfy pretty much everyone?
Note : I do play a Rogue too, and it's true that having to come in contact with barrels to open them may be pretty dangerous considering the damage they can deal when they explode ; still I don't like them acting as obstacles for me when I try to attack an enemy on the other side... but not an obstacle for them.
Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Might I add, decrease the size of items in inventory. The largest items to take no 8 but 2 slots?
Or add a 2nd and 3rd page to hero inventory
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

how bout adding a quest reward in form of a bag? if you right-click on it in your inventory it could add maybe 4x6 tiles or so (just like the horadrim cube in d2)? and for each difficulty you beat your bag gets bigger.
Nomic

Post by Nomic »

Just thought of another simple quality of life improvement...It would be nice if on the automap, in the top left hand corner just underneath where it shows the current level if it could also display your system's current time. Its a pain having to tab out of the game on fullscreen just to check what time it is. I don't think this would be too difficult to implement.

EDIT: Maybe top left, underneath the "Tristram" or "Level X" would be a better spot so that it does not overlap or interfere with the current buff timer icons in the top right.
Last edited by Nomic on 21 Apr, 2014 23:35, edited 1 time in total.
Constance

Post by Constance »

I second that computer time thing ^^
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

I like the idea with the bag which gets bigger after finishing each difficulty. It just should be binded to that one character, and not be possible to transfer to other chars through stash.

Other issue... My characters have many points that were wrongly distributed. For example, my mage on Torment difficulty has too many points on Strength, therefore less on Magic, because when i started playing him i wasn't familiar with the gameplay/items development.
Same for my Warrior, i put too much on magic.

My suggestion is to make it possible to redistribute some points after beating Diablo on each difficulty. Something like 5 - 10 points after each beating.

Possible conflict - players would use this to redistribute points gained from quests like Spectral Elixir/Symbol of Power. But i'm sure there is a way to prevent this (if the developers think that this is a problem).
uRa!
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

My suggestion is to make it possible to redistribute some points after beating Diablo on each difficulty. Something like 5 - 10 points after each beating.
While I understand the can of worms this is I must agree. There is a great degree of frustration for me that stat points are absolutely permanent. Original Diablo had stat caps and elixirs to counter bad choices. Diablo 2... EVENTUALLY introduce the ability to respec.

I personally spent most of my later years of Diablo 2 playing with PlugY. I did not find myself abusing the respec option but I did find significantly less frustration at trying to figure out how I wanted to spend my stat points. Once they introduce the respec option, this no longer was really necessary.

I find myself constantly hoarding stat points never wanting to spend them since I can never undo it if I decide I wanted to allocate them differently. The warrior I just restarted and am playing through the last two days is level 15 and I haven't spent a single point yet because haven't figured out how I want to do it. If there was an ability to respec I would likely have been spending them all along knowing that I wont gimp a character from making a bad decision at level 10.

Your mileage may vary.

SECOND SUGGESTION:

Would it be possible (without being prohibitively difficult,) to incorporate a way to see current stats AFTER magic bonuses when you have stat points to spend instead of only being able to see the base stat?

THIRD SUGGESTION:

Opinions on reduction of "Item Repair" skill? 4 Minutes definitely keeps me from spamming it... but then I just find myself going to get a drink or to the bathroom while I wait for it to come back up... It's not like the skill being on cooldown will make me impatient enough to spend thousands of gold to repair an item... it will just make me annoyed that I have to wait longer.

Side note... Can this skill fail? Can it reduce durability like vanilla? It seems to be 100 percent foolproof perfect repair for every attempt I have made...
Railgun357

Post by Railgun357 »

1. create levels from Hellfire (Hive and Crypt)
-Yes Please!
2. make open source of the mod avaliable for the users
-Once its finished and the bugs are worked out yes
3. make an option to create a Hardcore character
-Not really a HC fan but an option couldnt hurt.
4. lower the Sentinel's cooldown
-Havent encountered it yet
5. increase itemlvl for two-handed weapons, at the moment they are inferior to having two one-handed items
-That could help make it a little easier, so yes
-Yes but dont go too crazy with the stats
-Lower the mana cost and bump the damage up a bit
8. buff Inferno's damage
-Yes, it sucks otherwise
9. increase the mana cost of Charged Bolt
-No
10. damage of Blizzard and Meteor cluster spells are unbalanced - too low at starting levels and too high at later levels
-Have not encountered
11. Dark pact spell has too high cooldown
-It does make it 30 seconds
12. higher levels of higher level spells require too much Magic to aquire. in this regard progress of a Sorceror slows down drastically on 26-28 char lvl
-Agreed, as levels go up mana cost should decrease
13. no enemy - whether normal or boss - should be immune to every non-psyhical damage source
-Agreed
-Havent gotten too far but the monsters i encounter with flash are kinda op.
15. time to kill not-strenghten Diablo (Map of the stars) is too short, prelong it a bit
-havent encountered it yet but lengthening any quest/map is always a plus
16. nerf the teleportation ability for Mage type monsters of hell levels. they teleport too often, its too annoying to deal with.
-Agreed 100% nerf that s%@#
17. make the effect of Secluded shrine temporary (this shrine reveals the whole automap of the level)
-Nope, hardly ever see these shrines
18. skills cooldowns should scale with character's level
-Scale down
19. add a low cooldown (~1 second) of Firewall and Lightning wall spells for balance purpose
-Not unless your putting in PVP
20. some crafting ingredients are too hard to obtain (silver oil)
-Havent had a chance to craft....is it always available or do i have to kill diablo?
21. sell prices are too high, hero can get too rich too quickly at later levels
-I am ocd so i am lvl 20 with 150k, i would suggest that the prices get reduced a Little.
22. make Pepin heal us automatically rather than after clicking "Recive healing". same with Adria and mana.
-Agreed, but its not necessary, only because im not in a big rush
23. option "Identify all" on Cain's
-Yes.
24. automap icon for Town portal, Wypoints, exit from the Forest level (Andariel) and Enterance to the Diablo level (Terror domain)
-Would be helpful but not necessarily
25. magic find stat affecting our chance to get better items by gambling (rares, uniques, sets)
-Yes!
26. Quest window would show on which lvl does the selected quest takes place (for example "The butcher" "Level 2")
-Yes, but not top priority.
27. mass buying a potion by shift+right clicking it in the shop to fill every empty spot in the belt with a potion of this kind
-Yes.
28. option for downgrading gems
-Havent encountered any gems yet, but it wouldnt hurt.
29. let golem walk faster to make him easier to keep with with the player
-yes but not too fast or itll make it op
30. in the item's tooltip it's durability be shown in different colour when approaching low value
-Not really a big concern because lower durability items your wearing do show up.
31. decrease the range of view for ranged monsters
-Yes, its annoying when your taking on a mob and outta nowhere a unique archer/ranged jerk butts in all rude like.
32. let it be possible to hurt Mage type enemies as long as they are not COMPLETELY vanished when they start to teleport
-Yes. as long as you un-nerf the teleporting of monsters.
33. focus on making a Multiplayer mode now and give less attention to any other suggestion or bug report
-Id think working on this post-debugging SP would make for a smoother transition.
34. let spells mana cost NOT increase along with hero's level. in place of that increase such spells base mana costs.
-sounds contradictory to me but im pro lowering overall cost (what if i wanna make a warrior/spell fighter)
35. instead of fixed skill sets create a skill trees for every class
-Would be wicked, but not high priority
36. remove lvl 1-3 scrolls from the game with the exceptions of Town portal, Identify and Ressurection (only in multiplayer)
-Agreed, also Couldnt hurt to remove ressurection except from SP.
37. remove classes and make one hero with an option to choose the gender and appearance
-That would be cool but could increase difficulty of the game
38. merge the characters classes with each other (warrior with barbarian, rogue with assassin and sorceror with necromancer). skills would be on their skill trees with two branches.
-I am Pro-dual class, but maybe after a certain level your given the option to Dual class
39. make a running system like in diablo 2
-Def would make the game go faster, but not too fast.
40. skill tree like in diablo 3 - there is 8 of them divided to 4 levels with 2 on each one. you get to choose one of the every level.
-No
41. Full friendly fire. everyone in different team, everyone able to hurt his allies (other players, golem)
-No, i dont wanna deal with trolls.
42. use rectangle from the center of the interface
-?
43. remove rectangle from the center of the interface
-?
44. attributes of the cratfed items should depend of the level of character whomade them to keep recipes viable throughout the whole game
-Yes, makes recrafting fun and doesnt destroy the whole point of making custom weapons
45. buff Assassin's skills
-havent played as assassin
46. allow Assassins to dual wield daggers and short swords
-^
47. allow Assassin to use her Stealth even when she is seen
-^
48. lower the poison damage (from poison spitters, poison enchanted bosses and poison nova of the enemies)
-Yea a Spitters are a lil annoying in big groups
49. introduce a Poison type of damage along with a resistance for it
-Yes
50. count Poison puddles as Trap damage for the sake of "Recieve half trap damage" ability
-Yes
51. make Assassin and/or Rogue recieve less trap damage by default or a skill
-Good idea, Yes
52. increase chance to get better items by gambling (rares, uniques, sets)
-Yes and maybe lower prices
53. remove friendly fire in multiplayer not to hurt allies, ever
-Yes
54. add the possibility to change controls
-Would be awesome if i could use a controller ;)
55. recolor the interface to be less bland
-Bland? I dont think so
56. disallow player to teleport through bars to areas he should not yet be allowed to enter (like King Leoric's tomb without pulling the levers first)
-Probably a good idea....
57. allow users to donate the project and it's developer(s)
-Yes, you guys need to get some kind of donations. This is an awesome mod and making a few bucks wouldnt hurt right?
58. dont display videos when the game is being launched
-I kinda like the display videos
59. make the spell's charges be visible on the icon on the game's interface
-Yes please
60. move Horazon's fire creature to a bigger area or give him running animation instead of jumping around
-I kinda thought the jumping was funny. Keep it. The area could be a little bigger but make sure the creature of fire doesnt nerf the jumping.
61. reading the book in the Horazon's Sanctuary that teaches us one level of the Golem spell should spawn a golem for us, like a Guardian book does in the Chamber of bone
-Yes.
62. option to turn on darkness in Tristram
-Why not? Would give the game a little more eerie undertone
63. make Tremaine the priest appear in town later in the game
-Not sure why that is a problem
64. move Tremaine the priest from the house near town portal to little hut in front of the cathedral
-only if you make that house the player house with the chests on the left side
65. make screenshots be saved in .png format
-Cant figure out how to Scrnshot
66. "already max lvl" notification for books with spells in which our hero already has lvl 15
-so we can save the books, yes please
67. reduce Telekinesis mana cost
-Pointless spell, should be 1 mana
68. increase Town portal mana cost
-naah, maybe just make it 25 mana.
69. let mass destruction spells (nova, immolation, apocalypse, etc.) to be cast from under the Left mouse button
-That might be fun
-Yes
71. Healing making caster un-frozen (Heal other unfreezing healed ally)
-Yes
72. arriving to town making hero un-frozen
-Yes
73. remove casting time from Flash and Phashing
-Yes
-yes
75. make Black death zombies bosses unable to apply the max health debuff onto the hero by dealing the damage caused by the hero by any attack other than it's melee attack (currently it works also for poison puddles for Posion enchanted, for Flash (Arcane enchanted) and Charged bolt (lightning enchanted))
-Yes
76. make dying apply a temporal penalty onto the player character reducing one or more of the following: [exp gain, gold drop, magic find, attributes] for the death to actually matter
-No
77. death count in the char window
-Yes
78. general stats screen containing counters with amounts of monsters killed sorted by type, total and highest damage taken or dealt, and such.
-yes, keeping track is fun
-Yes
80. lower the amount of barrels
-Yes, there are Soooooo many barrels
81. lower the amount of libraries
-No
82. lower the amount of rewards for easily accesible quest areas (like Lost treasure chets)
-Nope
83. support for foreign keyboards in terms of ALT button
-Yes, cant overlook foreign keyboards
84. make the both tooltips appear next to one another when holding an item and moving it above the other item of the same type (will allow to compare both items easily)
-yes
85. ALT showing tooltips with names of shrines and libraries
-Not necessary
86. make barrels destructable by monster's projectiles
-Yes, in which case dont reduce the number of barrels
87. screenshot file names could use leading zeroes (since they appear to be named after the current date and time). This way, even sorted by name, they'd still be sorted in chronological order
-The date is just fine
88. shield should allow to block only these magic projectiles that you have no resistance to, like in vanilla Diablo
-No idea
89. remove armor class from shields, increase block chance instead
- Keep the armor class, and increase block chance
90. remove trap damage and assign elemental damage to traps
-No
91. implement Boots and Gloves to the equipment system
-Yes Please
92. remove "Animal" type of creature and make animal monsters either undead or demonic
-Yes
93. lower monsters hp regeneration
-Yes, but not too much
94. tooltips of items stored on the belt should be only one line of text high. they are 3 lines high at the moment, which makes it more difficult to navigate sometimes
-Yes, it throws me off.
95. make a different background slots lighting for different items placed on the inventory/shop gride. set items would have green background, rares - yellow, etc.
-Yes
96. disallow NPCs to wander too far from their original spot
-I think its just fine, and kind of fun to find em.
97. Buther's cutscene should be played right after entering his level, not after opening his door
-It does this already right?
98. when using scrolls of identify make it vanish only AFTER you click on an identifiable item. at the moment they dissapear as soon as you right-click them and you cannot change your mind.
-Yes, i have lost a bunch doing that.
99. stash chests shouldnt be placed near the tavern, they should be near player's house
-If the players house is the one to the left of the portal location in town.
100. disallow the game to place scrolls and elixirs on the belt after picking them up or buying them
-Yes, in the heat of battle i need a potion not an inferno scroll
-Yes
102. dont place Odgen's Introduction on the Quest list
-Not that big of an issue
103. the amount of gold given by spiritual shrine (giving money to every empty slot in the player's inventory) should rise quicker
-Yes
104. nerf Magistrates on Torment difficulty, they deal alot of damage despite 75% resist
-Havent beaten the first difficulty yet
105. change Odgen's route so he will not walk through player's town portal when its opened
-Havent seen it happen yet but only if he actually goes into it and pops up in the dungeon lol
106. make Golem visible all the time when in town. at the moment he dissapears while being on the other side of the building
-Why not?
107. Elemental drain should break enemy's immunity to Stone curse (with the exception of Diablo)
-No opinion
108. Stronger versions of the monsters (such as Berseker, Fanatic, Champion and Posessed) should give more experience when killed, just like Minions of a boss do
-Yes
109. Let "Repair all" option work only for items equipped, not for the ones in our backpack as well
-Yes please
110. Let durability of the item influence the price for selling the item
-Would help with people getting rich early on.
111. make Golem pick up nearby gold piles when out of combat
-Yes
112. potion placed on the lowest slot of the belt's columns makes all spots of that column the spots only for the same potion type. eg. picked up mana potion wont make her way into the health potions column
-Yes, maybe this way the scrolls and elixers problem wouldnt have to be ironed out.
113. option to randomize new items in shop, for money
-Yes Please
114. option to randomize new AND BETTER (increased item lvl) items in shop, for money
-Yes Please
115. let new character start with a single Town portal scroll
-Yes
116. let golem break nearby barrels when out of combat
-Yes!
117. Shrines working on our Golem as well
-Yes
118. Andariel spawns only after we turn off all of her red wisps placed throughout her forest level
-Yes please.
119. Make the quest with worms in infested cellar end after we kill each one of them, not the boss only
-Yes
120. At the moment there are two places in char menu that show resists. Make one of them display them without the 75% cap
-Why cap at 75% instead of 100%
121. casting Teleport allowed in Tristram
-You can already increase running speed, why teleport?
122. Each one of Sorceror's skill on a scroll
-Couldnt hurt
123. create a cow level
-Hell Yea
124. nerf the charge. either reduce its speed or its damage, or both
-No
125. Currently you can see the exact health and mana when you hover your mouse over the orbs. Add a option to make these numbers always shown
-Yes, perhaps a number over the top like (100/231)
126. Remove spells/skills images from above the player's head (like Mana shield's golden orb)
-No
127. The spellbook's sheet remembering the last page it was opened on, just like character sheet and the stashes.
-Not an issue
128. allow to disable 3D sound in the settings menu
-More accessibility means more fun :D
129. change the right mouse button to decrease values on the settings menu. For example if town walk speed increase is 40%, after clicking with the right mouse button becomes 20%. will be useful for resolutions as well
-Yes
130. rename the unsumon spell into Cancel spell and allow it to cancel effects from shrines and character skills
-Yes
131. all projectiles should pass throught mobs when the projectile is evaded (not blocked)
-Yes
132. arrows shouldnt be able to destroy barrels from distance (except explosive barrels by fire arrows)
-No, an arrow should always break a barrel
133. let the Unsummon skill work on Firewall and Lightning wall
-Yes, and maybe return a little mana :D
134. increase a space between icons of buffs for ~10 pixels so that two timers next to each other wont be making one long digit row
-Yes
135. warning sound every second when the timer of the long-duration effect (elixir, infravision, mana shield) is going to wear down
-Maybe a little beep or something
136. single sound announcing that the long-duration effect has ended
-^
137. Make Mana shield be applied by Sorceror hero automatically when entering the dungeon (any area outside of Tristram) for the first time in a new launched game
-No
138. drinking a health potion while having mana shield turned on will restore mana instead of life
-No
139. Having a Mana shield on would change the colour of our Health orb from red to blue
-No too confusing
140. add item level to the item's tooltip
-Yes
141. add monster's level under it's health bar
-Yes
142. make player immune to his own damaging spells (firewall, lightning wall)
-OMG Yes please
143. Make all the crafting recipes shareable (able to be put into the share stash)
-Yes
144. When crafting, make the recipe draw everything that is needed from THIS pile, instead of the current (separate) one next to the item
-i havent been able to use crafting for some reason?
145. make healing the golem (by using Heal other) more efficient
-Yes
146. replace the [min-max hp - max-max hp] numbers of the monster under its health bar to the simple hp counter (current hp - max hp)
-No
147. buying/picking up 1-square big items will make them be placed on the lowest row of the hero's inventory (first one from the bottom of the screen) instead of the highest
-Maybe an inventory that can change itself...
148. about crafting: make it possible to transfer all magical properties from a magic item to a non-magic one that goes to the same equipment slot
-sounds good
149. change Guardian spell's icon to the one from Diablo 2 (Hydra spell)
-No
150. option to have buff/debuff timers be exact (exact amount of minutes and seconds left)
-Yes

I spent an hour on this, :P itd be sweet if you could put a cow in the game with my name :P
Constance

Post by Constance »

Jofuss wrote:Would it be possible (without being prohibitively difficult,) to incorporate a way to see current stats AFTER magic bonuses when you have stat points to spend instead of only being able to see the base stat?
Nice idea, it's been bothering me since the original game.
I guess it should be fairly easy to do too, we'd just need to move the "+" button away from the "Now" stat.

And (more related to your other suggestion) yes, I've been playing a Warrior for several days and the repair skill does gives perfect results so far.
I think maybe it should repair only up to a certain % (dunno how much, maybe 50 or 75 ?), yet without altering max durability, just so that Griswold stays the best choice when you want to have your equipment in top shape.