Beginner Tipps, please :)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

ok another question .. what is the best way to kill this hellknight "bloodlord" my flamewave (lvl4) or flamewall (lvl11) dont do enough dmg.. and if he gets me he stuns my mage and he does like 10 hits in a row and i cant cast or move...
Use bone spirit and heal, then magic star for killing blow, try use golem he will attack nearest enemy.
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

Gamar wrote:My good sir basic spllvl which you get witch books is 15, but if you count items well, lets say in specific configurations you can have lvl 30 or higher, on certain spells. :)
ahh yeahh i see thats why i have 17 on firebolt, thanks

@jenny wakeman

ahh ok.. em and there are no shortcuts for the different spells right?? i have to select em via the menue (left click on the current activated spell--> then choose a spell)

cause thats my problem running away from the guy and creating walls of fire.. very stressful
visiON

Post by visiON »

There are shortcuts, open the menu, hover over the icon and press F1-F12, that will bind the spell to the key.

Also, as not to open another thread, I'm also a beginner and I made a soso, but there are magic immune monsters, what can be done about them? Just run away from them and try to ignore them?
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

by magic immune i assume you mean immune to all elements. in that case you either need items with -res to enemies (can be found later on staves) or you could cast spells that do physical dmg like golem, meteor swarm or apocalypse (in case of apocalpyse there is a bug witch doesn't let you attack fire immune enemies with the spell [only if you can pierce the immunity beforehand] - this should be fixed in the patch 1.04 which be released when it's done) ;)

€: you can also use the -res skill for killing all res immunes, but it's time consuming waiting for the cool down all the time if you don't do any damage otherwise.
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

visiON wrote:There are shortcuts, open the menu, hover over the icon and press F1-F12, that will bind the spell to the key.

Also, as not to open another thread, I'm also a beginner and I made a soso, but there are magic immune monsters, what can be done about them? Just run away from them and try to ignore them?
haha ok thats really :x .. yeahh nice to know thanks

UPDATE: is the "diablo-clock" (THE MAP OF THE STARS ) already active?? would make it much tougher..
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

Jenny Wakeman wrote:
ok another question .. what is the best way to kill this hellknight "bloodlord" my flamewave (lvl4) or flamewall (lvl11) dont do enough dmg.. and if he gets me he stuns my mage and he does like 10 hits in a row and i cant cast or move...
Use bone spirit and heal, then magic star for killing blow, try use golem he will attack nearest enemy.
i tried this but these spells make much less damage then the ones i m using.. so i m repeating the "secret treasure" to get better gear and gain some lvls then i try it again..

the standart diablo is easier or not.. as a mage on normal??
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

and what are the max lvls for spells?? 17??

may mage has 192 in magic, 487 mana and 130 HP and is lvl 27

and i play on normal..
1.)Find some high armor gear
2.)Try and find a neg fire resist staff, the higher the better
3.)Fill your belt with full rejuvination potions
4.)Put up manashield
5.)Etherealize
6.)Elemental Drain
7.)Stack a bunch firewalls directly adjacient to your mage.
8.)Pop potions until mob dies.
9.)Change back into your normal gear
10.)Go along your merry way

What I usually try to do when possible, is kill all the easy stuff first and come back with "specialized gear" for the harder mobs. Its nice when you are repeating an area and know when to expect certain types of difficult mobs.
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

Jofuss wrote:

and what are the max lvls for spells?? 17??

may mage has 192 in magic, 487 mana and 130 HP and is lvl 27

and i play on normal..
1.)Find some high armor gear
2.)Try and find a neg fire resist staff, the higher the better
3.)Fill your belt with full rejuvination potions
4.)Put up manashield
5.)Etherealize
6.)Elemental Drain
7.)Stack a bunch firewalls directly adjacient to your mage.
8.)Pop potions until mob dies.
9.)Change back into your normal gear
10.)Go along your merry way

What I usually try to do when possible, is kill all the easy stuff first and come back with "specialized gear" for the harder mobs. Its nice when you are repeating an area and know when to expect certain types of difficult mobs.
so i have to farm maybe hours just to kill one single enemy?? sorry thats a litte tough..

but damn i gonna try it .. thanks for the answer..
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

for me the firewall in combination with elemental drain strategy worked fine on normal. no need for a -fire res staff. it's nice to have, but no must.
Ludi

Post by Ludi »

sergio_cannabis wrote:for me the firewall in combination with elemental drain strategy worked fine on normal. no need for a -fire res staff. it's nice to have, but no must.
got him now...

now diablo killed me a few times and then he got super strong :P

so what is a good spell against him .. holy dosnt work which is strange.. firewalls are ok but i thing chain lightning dos good damage and i have to get more fire resi..
Constance

Post by Constance »

Ludi wrote:so what is a good spell against him .. holy dosnt work which is strange..
If by Holy you mean Holy Bolt then it's no surprise since it only affects undead creatures (unless they changed that and I didn't pay attention).
riesa

Post by riesa »

Constance wrote:
Ludi wrote:so what is a good spell against him .. holy dosnt work which is strange..
If by Holy you mean Holy Bolt then it's no surprise since it only affects undead creatures (unless they changed that and I didn't pay attention).
In D1 Holy Bolt always affects Diablo. Propably this is he meant saying that this is strange that it doesn't work.
Constance

Post by Constance »

True. Didn't remember that even though I must have read it from Jarulf's guide.
Not that I would even think of trying that spell on him though, considering how often if failed to hit even zombies walking in a straight line :lol:
riesa

Post by riesa »

It never failed me to hit any undeads walking in Diablo-straight lines but Holy Bolt was useless for me even for Diablo on Normal - too small dmg. Fireball was more nice spell to kill him years ago ;p
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

so i have to farm maybe hours just to kill one single enemy?? sorry thats a litte tough..

but damn i gonna try it .. thanks for the answer..
Oh god no! If at any point in that list of steps you didn't happen to have something, just skip over it. I just meant if you had a 150 AC unique chest-piece in the stash it might help. I try to also keep an eye out for specialty gear like a set of items for immunity to magic/fire/cold/lightning that cant be broken... Have a set of physical attack gear and go nuts!

If you don't collect spare gear then just changed the strategy up to not need it.

I just happen to keep all unique and set items that drop, so when I have a special need, I go "Shopping" in the stash.

I am probably the least "Farmy" person on the forum.

The biggest part of the recommendation, which requires no farming, was the stack firewall/lightning wall adjacent to yourself after elemental drain and just keep that manashield up... The rest is optional.