Lost treaseure bug

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Rycerz

Lost treaseure bug

Post by Rycerz »

i kill all mags in the soulstone chamber pres all 4 butons and all lever but the quest is not complete then i kill 1 mag in the center and nothing hapen no drop of quest item i think this is bug.
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

There is a known bug if you leave the level (Via town portal or stairs, method doesn't matter,) the quest becomes bugged for the current game.

I think a certain named mage dissappears that finishes the quest if I recall correctly but I am not certain. A forum search or someone else coming along might be able to give you more details in the matter. I would suggest trying again after starting a "New Game" and not leaving the level until completion of the quest.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Jofuss wrote:There is a known bug if you leave the level (Via town portal or stairs, method doesn't matter,) the quest becomes bugged for the current game.

I think a certain named mage dissappears that finishes the quest if I recall correctly but I am not certain. A forum search or someone else coming along might be able to give you more details in the matter. I would suggest trying again after starting a "New Game" and not leaving the level until completion of the quest.
It's a known bug that OPEN town portal while killing mages bugs drop from last mage. You can go to town or even to worm tunnel anytime you want. The only thing to end this quest is to not kill those mages with open TP.
Jofuss

Post by Jofuss »

I knew someone more knowledgable on the matter would be able to fill it in in more detail, thank you.

I swear I didn't have a town portal open the last time I had it bugged which is where the confusion came from but I very well may be mistaken.
angra

Post by angra »

I think that town portal spell is not the only factor. I've completed this quest several times using town portal without any problem. But I've noticed that killing fourth mage under stone curse prevents from the stage when all 4 mages are spawned.
riesa

Post by riesa »

It's more like TP can't be active while killing last bastard.

More info here:

http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/lost-treasu ... 40-15.html
Rycerz

Post by Rycerz »

I have killed mags witchout any tp active still no additional mags appear ofcorse all lever and butons press. No drop of quest item it must be fixed in next path becouse its annyoing. Play on nightmare by warrior kiling mags witch stone curse.