Version b1.033 - bugs and suggestions

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Rycerz

Post by Rycerz »

you should back the oryginal warrior shield bonus block chance incerese witch clvl not decrease becouse itst not fair mag can puts all his point to mag but warior have to give 200 to dex 150 to vita and to get basic 250 str is imposible.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Hmm just noticed what I believe can be considered a bug.
Unfortunately I can't find the english term to describe it briefly (in french we'd say something like "l'équipement peut être auto-porté"), so here comes a detailed example.

I made a Warrior character and it currently has 65 base str, 73 with bonuses.
That allows him to equip an armor (let's call it "armor A") that has a 7 STR bonus, which then gives him a total of 80.
He also has in his stash another armor, which requires 80 STR and gives +10 to all attributes (let's call it "armor B")
So, my Warrior can't directly equip armor B, however, if he equips armor A, he then can switch to armor B and keep using it since both plates give him enough STR to wear armor B.
I think that switching items should act just like removing the first before and checking for the requirements before allowing (or not) to equip the second one.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Constance wrote:Hmm just noticed what I believe can be considered a bug.
Unfortunately I can't find the english term to describe it briefly (in french we'd say something like "l'équipement peut être auto-porté"), so here comes a detailed example.

I made a Warrior character and it currently has 65 base str, 73 with bonuses.
That allows him to equip an armor (let's call it "armor A") that has a 7 STR bonus, which then gives him a total of 80.
He also has in his stash another armor, which requires 80 STR and gives +10 to all attributes (let's call it "armor B")
So, my Warrior can't directly equip armor B, however, if he equips armor A, he then can switch to armor B and keep using it since both plates give him enough STR to wear armor B.
I think that switching items should act just like removing the first before and checking for the requirements before allowing (or not) to equip the second one.
Maybe it's bug, maybe it's not. It was same in D1 but changed in some mods and D2. Question is not 'is it a bug' but more like 'if it inteantionally wasn't changed'.
Paar

Post by Paar »

I encoutered something similar in vanilla Diablo. I had armor that had some bonuses so I could equip better armor (without bonuses). So I did equip it, albeit it turned red and behaved like I was not wearing it. Sadly I've never been in situation when I would equip such an armor (like you) that had additional bonuses, so I don't know what would happen.
I think it's definitely weird. But is it a bug? I'm not so sure. If you think about it, you HAD the required stats before and you HAD them after.
It smells a little like cheating though.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Paar wrote:[…] you HAD the required stats before and you HAD them after.
True, but it does seem weird to switch armor instantly without losing the bonuses of the first one before applying those from the second one.
That'd be kinda like changing your socks without having your feet bare at any moment.
Paar

Post by Paar »

Constance wrote:
Paar wrote:[…] you HAD the required stats before and you HAD them after.
True, but it does seem weird to switch armor instantly without losing the bonuses of the first one before applying those from the second one.
That'd be kinda like changing your socks without having your feet bare at any moment.
If you think of it that way... Maybe you're right. Maybe it shouldn't let you equip it. It would add up to challenge but not too much. I like it.

But in the end, it is not up to me to decide how it will work.
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

Maybe someone else noticed the problem whit the occulus (swirling crystal) it teleports y right in the monster and y re dead, maybe the teleport should move y to a safe location ?
Constance

Post by Constance »

Another bug it seems: my warrior is quite unlucky with the slain hero, because I went to dungeon level 9 twice and was never able to interact with its corpse: I kept on clicking, but nothing ever happened.
Could it be related to it being like "too close" to a map border both times (see screenshots here and there) ?

By the way, is there any way to know which seed was used to generate a map, so one could give it to the devs and report map generation related issues?

Also, when you have extended monster info turned on and a monster is immune to something, the text displays as, for example "Immune , lightning, cold" instead of "Immune lightning, cold" or perhaps "Immune: lightning, cold". Basically there is a " ," where there should be either ":" or nothing right after the "Immune" word.

Oh, and a suggestion: screenshot file names could use leading zeroes (since they appear to be named after the current date and time). This way, even sorted by name, they'd still be sorted in chronological order.
riesa

Post by riesa »

Jenny Wakeman wrote:Maybe someone else noticed the problem whit the occulus (swirling crystal) it teleports y right in the monster and y re dead, maybe the teleport should move y to a safe location ?
Teleport spell teleport you where the cursor points. It's not Phasing spell that teleports you in random direction. So it acts as it should.
Paar

Post by Paar »

Constance wrote:Another bug it seems: my warrior is quite unlucky with the slain hero, because I went to dungeon level 9 twice and was never able to interact with its corpse: I kept on clicking, but nothing ever happened.
Could it be related to it being like "too close" to a map border both times (see screenshots here and there) ?
That happened to me too. But I think my "slain hero" was in the middle of a corridor. Nothing special to his placement.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Yet another thing that I find weird (and suspect qualifies as a bug): I noticed with my Rogue that when I shoot arrows at an ennemy which is walking towards me and my hit is powerful enough to make him enter hit recovery mode, it makes him come closer much faster than he would if I was not attacking him, as if it was attracting him to the closer "grid box" instead of slightly knocking him back (which it did with the original game).
I mostly noticed it with knights and snakes.
Jenny Wakeman

Post by Jenny Wakeman »

Teleport spell teleport you where the cursor points. It's not Phasing spell that teleports you in random direction. So it acts as it should.
It doesn t teleport me to my cursor, often teleport me like 1 square, rarely at long distance and even then not where i m pointing, i think it s actually a phase spell, so it doesn t act as it should. ( I m talking about the spell from the occulus)
TheBrightLord

Post by TheBrightLord »

So far:

version beta 1.04
- Added Necromancer class with five new skills
- Added new 48 crafting recipes for Necromancer and Assassin
- Apocalypse spell can hit immune monsters again (reverted from 1.033 version)
- Apocalypse spell cost increases quicker with spell levels
- Character will not attack with melee or bow if spell is on cooldown
- Mage type monsters can now be hit slightly longer during phase in/out action
- Items are now visible regardless of line of sight
- Changed Damage goes to mana attribute description to "% Damage absorbed by mana"
_ Sunless sea boss should be smarter on higher difficulty levels
- Music now plays in River of Flame
- Stone Curse spell now reduces damage taken by target: 75%
- Diablo now sees invisible characters
- Drop of unique and set item randomization has been improved
- Music should now fade in/out on zone changes
- Auto attack follow procedure now stops on first character's melee attack
- Increased Benedict The Black's damage
- Increased repulse damage from enchanced lightning affix
- Increased monster inferno damage
- Reduced Bloodlord The Destroyer's damage
- Reduced The Dark Lord's damage
- Reduced Apocalypse spell damage
- Reduced Lightning and Chain Lightning bolt duration
- Fixed bug preventing music from playing if application lost then quickly gained focus
- Fixed stash close/open issues
- Fixed rendering of some large objects
- Fixed resolution change related crash on some systems
- Fixed exit to Island of sunless sea level being unavaiable bug
- Fixed secret tunnel sand trap related bugs
- Fixed bug that would sometimes prevent lost treasure encounter from progressing
- Fixed format of monster immune line in monster extended information
- Fixed Golem spell benefits description
- Fixed some Unique item names to be gramatically correct
- Fixed spelling of "Ability" in skill book
- Fixed slain hero stance when quest is complete, it will behave like regular decapitated body
- Fixed slain townsman speaking when dead
- Fixed error in character select menu that could crash game
- Fixed death in town animation being slow
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

definitely looking forward to that :)
Constance

Post by Constance »

Yay \o/
I suppose we'll have to make a new thread to report bugs found in 1.04 then.
Edit: can't find the download link to 1.04 yet though.

Anyway, I've been playing a Warrior for a few days now and it seems that the shield can block incoming magic projectiles. I don't think it was the case in the original game, and it's a major pain in the arse if you get in the middle of a room with many spellcasters, cause then you can actually be completely locked in one place, unable to do anything but block :/