All elemental immunes on nightmare dlvl 10?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
sergio_cannabis

All elemental immunes on nightmare dlvl 10?

Post by sergio_cannabis »

i just encountered a gargoyle on dlvl 10 that was ice/magic/fire/light immune. had to summon the golem. is it supposed to be like this that early?
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

That is just bad luck. Mage has spell that reduce target resists. Also there are many items with affixes that can reduce resists to penetrate through immunes. Why is summoning golem something bad? :D
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

golem is way too weak. gets hit 5 times and is dead and deals low dmg - although it's really high lvl (10) - i need 492 magic to up it once more - that will take some time. and i think it won't be worth it :D
ecb

Post by ecb »

im having same enemies pop, but the golem is so weak :P
on normal its somewhat difficult to find the -X% res on enemies gear; even so, having -5%RES i can deal what? 1DMG per cast? :P Ok. im lying. 10.
also in diablo level (17?), enemies seem to have random immunities, so everytime i see a bunch im gonna:
1) rollover my mouse over their heads to see which ones are immune to what
2) press specific key with specific spell (4 hotkeys = 4 spells) and kill that specific enemy and then
3) watch others already closing in bashing my head dead.

Its somewhat cumbersome, and im kinda slow switching spells and TP spell and whatnot (so many acitves and stuff to consider with mage). If i could request one feature, it would be keyboard control rebind, because F1-F8 and SHIFT and ALT keys are all over the keyboard and difficult to access. But i guess using Autoit or other program for rebind can fix this :?

Okay, thing is, you need to have 5 quick spells ready for each element + physical (golem). Its a lot of stuff to tackle plus the teleport spell and some of the skills. 8 active skills my head hurts. So my "solution" was to switch to rogue :D .. ranged and physical only. Joy. Mage really fun in vanilla diablo and in this game its lovely, until those immunes start popping up :).