feedback

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
blankname

feedback

Post by blankname »

my feedback for the guy that made this masterpiece

bugs:
- the shrine that closes open chests/libraries also respawns barrels, adds scrolls to empty libraries tomes and reactivates all shrines. guess what would happen if there are 2 of these shrines in the same lvl...
- murky pool doesnt work
- the skill multiple shot (and maybe others) can open sarcophagusts, chests, pick up items, teleport to lvl entrances, etc
- can shoot throught some objects like book stanteries and mobs can wall throught them
- town portals can be placed into the entrance of other lvls
- monsters can see throught walls and try to shoot throught them... they get activaed as soon how they are at X distance (modified by light radious) from player, no matter if there are walls between
- spell info in the spell book doesnt reset when switching pages and spell scrolls dont appear in the spell book
- im not sure, but i think that sometimes the icon color of skills doesnt change when mana requeriments are not met
- shrines display time in decimal time (100 seconds) and their spells should stack
- the background music (and maybe the rest of sounds, i dont remember) goes off after some seconds when in windowed mode. also in full screen when other factors are involved
- decapited bodies can be open twice when they drop an item and doesnt seem to work very well
- ressurection books/scrolls in sp
- and more that i dont remember..

suggestions:
- allow 640x480 resolution
- a refresh botton for the trambler
- show monsters class (undead/animal/demon)
- make arrows hit but not destroy barrels (arrows arent cannon balls lol), except when in front of them like in original diablo. rogue is already the easiest character
- add some new usage for the black box...
- add some potion to cure curses from black death and other monsters (if any) or let the priest cure them
- improve the mouse left and right click actions in town when talking with npcs and performing skills
- include the opengl libraries directly in the game directory (OpenAL32.dll & wrap_oal.dll) instead of the installer that places them into windows\system32
- add a .ini file to specify the diabdat path and the f9-f12 macros
- add game options in the main screen
- nerft decrease the attack speed and move speed of cold damage on items. rogue is already a bit op

is there any plans for hellfire belzebub? :P

i have collected this feedback only the first day that i starting playing the demo. i have experience finding & fixing bugs (asm) and if you could add some more lvls in the demo, then i would start playing again and i would continue finding bugs :D

*edited 2 times
Last edited by blankname on 21 Jan, 2014 14:09, edited 3 times in total.
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

general bugs:

- i got civerbs cudgel and shield and it states that the set bonus is 100% dmg vs undead. but in the attack menue you can read 100% dmg versus demons and 50% vs undead (the regular 50% from the blunt weapon) --> the set bonus dmg % doesn't seem to work at all...

- with my warrior i got -8 magic and now it is no longer possible to cast a tp from a scroll or an identify scroll although both have got no magic requirement...

- low lvl req on chain lightning (lvl 7) for aquiring spell lvl 10 (whereas you need 268 magic - which is ridiculous --> maybe this is the same with other spells (don't know)

- while wearing 3 of the angelic items in the equipment menue it is shown that you gain +25% all resistances and mana reg. that is not the case. i only get +50% additional fire res from the armor set bonus and the mana reg bonus isn't applied either --> as it seems the whole set bonus things don't work (see above --> civerb's)

sound bugs:

- while in stash and changing equipment the sound occasionally stops

- while in the traders/griswolds/adrias menu switching gear with "w" button stops the game sound as well. Maybe also normal gear switching

suggestions:

- automatic gold pick up

- possibility to lvl up the skills after gaining

- higher lvl req for good rings/amulets

- please buff charged bolt in form of less mana cost. i use lighning all the way because it is way more powerful than charged bolt and uses just 3 mana more. I suggest to make the cost for charged bolt just halt the cost of lightning or maybe even 1/3rd.

- don't make scrolls like identify disappear after right clicking on them. only if they are really used --> just like in d2 (if it's possible)

- please make it possible to run in the dungeon if all monsters are killed!

- how about changing the effect of the recharge skill of the sorceror in a way that the staffs don't lose charges when the skill is used but the skill gets a cooldown of let's say 4 minutes or so. Like this the skill would be used even in later lvls. i used the recharge skill only once in the whole demo...

- how about a rogue skill that includes a modifier that is based on what kind of armor you wear? if all slots are equipped with light armor it is stronger. if all is equipped with heavy plate stuff it's weak ;)

- i don't know how finding items is managed in the latest game version, but don't make the best magical items buyable - they should only be achieved by slaying monsters! :twisted:
Last edited by sergio_cannabis on 22 Jan, 2014 0:34, edited 18 times in total.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Thanks for feedback!

These are not bugs:

- king leoric spawns skeletons instead of reviving dead ones
This is exactly how it should be :)

- monsters standing on firewalls ect
This looks like bug but that's design decision. There is option to enable avoiding it but it makes some skills useless :/. There is even option to make monsters step out of lightning. It is hack and slash game and not a chess though :P

- monsters can see throught walls and try to shoot throught them... they get activaed as soon how they are at X distance from player, no matter if there are walls between
It is definately not like that. Monster activation depends on line of sight and light radius. There are some exceptions like Hidden monster types.

- Staff suffix with spell present
Spell charges on Staff aren't suffix anymore that's why there is no name. You could roll Bountifull Staff of wizardy with apocalypse charges.
blankname

Post by blankname »

ok thx, edited first post

shouldnt firewall be nerfed then? its kinda too strong. and king leoric almost doesnt attack, it keeps spawning skeletons all the time
Last edited by blankname on 25 Jan, 2014 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Set bonuses work correctly but display in wrong way in demo 1.00

This was fixed in 1.01 update of demo.

There are many bugs in demo that don't exist in full beta. Because demo wasn't tested at all. However keep reporting them.:)
sergio_cannabis

thx for the update. will my old chars work with the new version of the demo?
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Yes
noname

Post by noname »

some feedback from Russia :)

1. Graphic/Animation
- Animation is really too fast and looks like combat going quicker because of it. That's not a problem, but that feeling - "this is not a diablo 1"...
- Automap colors is too bright. Dull color was perfect in vanilla diablo, automap must not attract an attention.
- Graphic at all looks less realistic then original d1, but i think its because not all post-effects are activated in demo... So that not an issue?

2. World/Gameplay/Interface
- I know that Adria's position is far away from town, but for example, in Diablo The Hell mod she's moved to Jilians's location, and Jilian goes to entrance of "town portal" house. Its can be a good idea.
- "Quest lockdown" like in The Hell/Diablo 3 - you can't leave quest/boss location until its clear?
- Its can be a bug - "Fire Arrow Trap" hit right in the hero, but sometimes not deal damage.
- Why 'close' button instead of 3 seconds disappearing time with shrine's adds? That not feeling comfortable.
- Is it good idea to let Adria sell books?
- Elixir's effect for a period of time? Hm...
- Skill of Staff Recharging still useless.
- Same with Item Repair.
- Auto-Replenish when talking with Pepin/Adria?
- Including Gheed with Gambling will left Wirt forever alone?
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Hey.

Several things have been already fixed in full beta. It will unfortunately take some time to release updated demo. Like these item repair or Staff recharge or even assassin class with 5 unique skills :)

Animation feels differently because of 60 fps and some slight changes.
I agree with automap. Graphics also look differently in scaled mode and in 800x600 etc. In scaled they are slightly blurry.

Traps are not autohit. They can miss or even some of them be blocked.
Messageboxes close on itself aswell but time might be longer then 3 seconds.
Wirt can still technicaly roll amazing item, it's however rather small chance.

It's normal that this mod feels different from other mods. There are some really good mods for Diablo 1. This one have it's own look and feel. Whether it's better or worse is matter of personal preferences though.
ecb

Post by ecb »

just a suggestion..
you guys should rly open to public some type of issue tracking system, some of these tasks might be important and lost in the context of forum style bug reporting. Or do you actually filter these and create tasks for them internally between your selves (devs)?

cheers, great mod!

To me 60FPS and the gameplay feels just like an improvement over the default D1, all them little helpers like item highlighting, stashes, gambling, engine updates etc. seems like a natural transition to what i would expect the next ver. of D1 should be like. Subtle and helpful, difficult to achieve, yet it seems you've done just that.

Im not as excited about "updated demo" personally. Atm the 1.0 is just perfect. If you dont expect further versions to change much (like old saves becoming obsolete requiring char wipe), then im most passionately looking for the open beta, as it stands to my standards, this feels already like a perfectly playable product.

Good luck!

-ecb
sergio_cannabis

heavy bug in the 1.01 demo:

when i go and talk to griswold to buy something, only my inventory shows up and i have to cancel it. after that i can again click on the trade button at griswolds and now i can trade. really annoying...
BrightLord

Sound problems.

Post by BrightLord »

There is a chance that bug causing most of sound related problems has been fixed. 1.02 version demo will contain many fixes and maybe addonational level.
blankname

Post by blankname »

addonational level
yeaaaaa please! :D
ecb

Post by ecb »

Please do!
We need something like a high-level farming area that will act as buffer to our sadistic murdering needs before the beta comes out!

@see "Path Of Exile"-s solution of highlevel end-game farming areas for high-level players before all 3 acts/full game was finally released.

we'd <3 u long time for this.

-ecb
sergio_cannabis

I suppose there isn't an actual timeline for the release of the new demo?