Can you turn off "Map of the Stars"

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
blackgaze

Can you turn off "Map of the Stars"

Post by blackgaze »

I love this mod, despite some stupid monster balancing. But the one things that makes it unplayable to me is the "Map of the Stars" quest, I can't defeat Diablo in 1 hour. It takes most of the time trying to kill his broken hero minions, especially when restocking potions a lot. My question is, is there a way to edit the game to prevent this quest from happening so I can just fight and kill Diablo normally? I'm not good enough for speedrun/rush this, and nor do I want to since I want to actually enjoy playing. I even thought you could teleport into the Diablo room and kill from there, but that doesn't seem possible in this mod.

What can be done about this?
nitzanc

Re: Can you turn off "Map of the Stars"

Post by nitzanc »

In my experience, Its easier to just reroll the game till u get some logical bosses that u can kill. rather then slam your head against "haste poison lightning" bosses :)
bijepif

Post by bijepif »

After you make your choice, click on the Capture button in the middle of your screen. drift boss
blackgaze

Post by blackgaze »

nitzanc wrote: 07 Apr, 2024 17:24 In my experience, Its easier to just reroll the game till u get some logical bosses that u can kill. rather then slam your head against "haste poison lightning" bosses :)
But I can't enter Nightmare until Diablo is killed. I need to kill him to proceed
bijepif wrote: 09 Apr, 2024 8:38 After you make your choice, click on the Capture button in the middle of your screen. drift boss
I don't understand anything you just said. What choice? Capture Button!? Middle of your screen!!?!?
nitzanc

Post by nitzanc »

Hi blackgaze

First of all, Lets backtrack A bit, what Class are you playing atm? there are diffrent tactics to approche diablo depanding on what class you play.

Second, What i ment to say about the terror domain, (no matter what difficutly you play in) is that sometimes you can encounter champions you cannot kill, for example what i mentioned in my comment
" haste lightning poision enchanted warrior" is allmost impossible to defeat no matter what class you play, so you can eiter ignore it by teleporting away, or just reroll the game hoping you wont get champions you cannot kill.

Its better then just go and body slam on that champion dying over and over again and wasting time.

It took me alot of tries to defeat diablo on hell with my sorcerer.