dev kit or source code

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
page

dev kit or source code

Post by page »

Any chance the modding tools / dev kit used for Belzebub are still around and somehow available?

I would love to try and see what can be done with Belzebub since I think it was never really finished/balanced for endgame, i.e. shield usage, toHit, armor rating, max phys res, resistanc breaking, some crafting recipes, drop rates/qlvls, etc. all imho would need an overhaul.

The only thing so far I could find was
https://github.com/matthewrkarlsen/open-diablo-editor-2
but I doubt it works with Belzebub.

Is Tchernobog still in dev? Whats the toolkit there?
qndel
Global Mod

Re: dev kit or source code

Post by qndel »

Belzebub is finished, Tchernobog is still being developed, you will never get the code for any of them.
HEX0

Post by HEX0 »

qndel wrote: 23 Jan, 2021 15:48 Belzebub is finished, Tchernobog is still being developed, you will never get the code for any of them.
What is the reasoning here behind super secret source code for both of the mods?
Does it contain tainted/copyright infringing code from Blizzard or is it just the old school game modding culture (give credit where it's due) :D
Or the third "my code is ugly right now, I'll maybe open source it when it's clean and refactored, but I lost interest in the project so it's never gonna happen"

Considering that devilutionX and OpenDiablo2 and some others are being developed as open source projects, I don't really see a problem.
If anything it would probably help a lot if these 2 mods were open sourced, since Belzebub is kind of abandoned.
qndel
Global Mod

Post by qndel »

Not everything has to be open source, as simple as that.
"Does it contain tainted/copyright infringing code from Blizzard" - nope, it's written from 0, blizzard has nothing on it.
"Considering that devilutionX and OpenDiablo2 and some others are being developed as open source projects," - I'm one of devilutionx guys ;)
senzo

Post by senzo »

qndel wrote: 21 Oct, 2021 9:21 Not everything has to be open source, as simple as that.
"Does it contain tainted/copyright infringing code from Blizzard" - nope, it's written from 0, blizzard has nothing on it.
"Considering that devilutionX and OpenDiablo2 and some others are being developed as open source projects," - I'm one of devilutionx guys ;)
I had no idea devilutionX or OpenDiablo2 existed. I will check these out too. :)