Have to abandon Belzebub mod due to Bloodlord the Destroyer

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
MasterBLB

Have to abandon Belzebub mod due to Bloodlord the Destroyer

Post by MasterBLB »

The mod has so much cool features, sadly, balancing is so bad I'm forced to abandon it, as I'm not able to finish normal difficulty using a Sorcerer, and from what I've seen I not motivated to try other characters.
I mean Bloodlord the Destroyer boss, one big pile of bullshit.
I understand he hits really hard. I could understand he gains attack speed with each hit landed. I could even understand his teleportation, to some degree...but giving him immunity to Stone Curse, and knowledge to immediately locate player hidden even behind a wall then teleport to him/her is just one fucking, blatant idiocy instead of interesting opponent. Damn, what should I expect from Diablo based on this boss, that he will be able to instantly kill me offscreen? No thanks.
A pity, as the other content was simply amazing, especially completed unfinished quests, and new spells like Dark Pact, Blizzard, or crafting.
Ugily

Re: Have to abandon Belzebub mod due to Bloodlord the Destroyer

Post by Ugily »

I don't remember having any trouble dispatching Bloodlord with my mage on Normal difficulty.

Dispatch any Blood Knights that you can without activating the Bloodlord's attack. Draw out the enemies into the main hall and bottleneck them there. Keep Golem activated to act as a distraction and soak the attacks while your mage spawns firewall and lightening or whatever you have as a directed attack. You should have some sort of decent combat staff by now and a lot of potions in your belt.

Finally, activate Bloodlord and move away so he attacks Golem. Watch Golem health and summon right in front of Bloodlord. Continue to attack with spells, spawn guardians, also wear him down with Bone Spirit.

Stay out of his direct 8-point line of sight.

Keep your Golem up.

Stack up BLB. This game isn't meant to be easy.

You may have to level up and grind for better gear and max up your spells with +MAG gear to learn highest level spells possible.
MasterBLB

Post by MasterBLB »

My mage has over 400 mana + 86 HP, yet it takes only 2-3 swings from Bloodlord to put it down. My lvl 8 Golem has only 356 HP, hmmm however 120 armor and 43% all resistances...okay, if it also applies to physical resistance then the Golem might live long enough to allow me to cast Essence Drain + few Guardians. However judging on what I've witnessed I have low hope about that...but, thanks for the hint anyway mate.

And if you wish to judge yourself if my sorcerer Zoltun is capable of finish normal check it yourself: https://www.sendspace.com/file/2xq04p
Ugily wrote: 08 Sep, 2021 22:33 Stack up BLB. This game isn't meant to be easy.
There is a fine difference between difficulty and bad design.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

The design is excellent for a ground up recreation of Blizzard's Diablo.

Realize that the mod is Diablo 1 HD Mod which consists of two components. Belzebub (beta) which focus on single player, improved game play engine, and inclusion of all including removed quests. Tchnerobog (alpha) is focusing on multi-player stable game play, additional bug fixes, and has quests disabled due to issues with incorporating multiplayer and quests. Belzebub component is considered complete and Tchnerbog is now in extended development.

Hopefully, future releases will continue to address the balance issues and consolidate both components of Diablo 1 HD Mod into one release with single player, multi player, and quests with expanded content.

Don't give up... Level up!
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

I'm sorry to be that guy who throws the harsh truth in your face, but if you can't beat the game in NORMAL with the MOST OP CHAR in the mod, then this game is just not for you.
There are two possible outcomes here:
1-You quit.
2-You play on and very soon will realise how little you knew about the mod when you wrote this post.
MasterBLB

Post by MasterBLB »

Okay, the Golem has proven to be tanky enough to keep Bloodlord in place so I could Lightning the fucker to death. Thanks for the hint @Ugily :D
Diablo is also beaten ;]