How do quests work in multiplayer?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Thorfinn

How do quests work in multiplayer?

Post by Thorfinn »

Poisoned Water, sort of? Pepin at least gives a message, though never acknowledges the completion. Though the ring did appear in the inventory of one of the players at some point when he went to Pepin to buy Full Heal. Might have been the one who took down the last critter. We aren't sure. The Butcher works, kind of, at least one character got the benefit of the victory.

Gharabad and Snotspill have no dialog, just an instant attack.

Most importantly, the anvil doesn't seem to work at all, so we can never do any crafting.

Is that the way it's supposed to work? At least some of the special areas are present but not implemented?

In case it matters, the MPQ is from GOG.
Ugily

Re: How do quests work in multiplayer?

Post by Ugily »

Quests are not "fully" implemented in Tchernobog alpha.

If you would like the quest playthrough on single player only, play the other half of HD Mod, Belzebub beta.
Thorfinn

Post by Thorfinn »

OK, thanks. That was what I was afraid of. I was really interested in seeing the crafting system, but don't like single player games.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Crafting is available in Tchernobog.

The anvil is already located at the blacksmith shop.

Crafting blueprints in the form of scrolls will drop from defeated enemies. The system is a little different between the two HD Mod versions.
Thorfinn

Post by Thorfinn »

Oh, my bad. We've been looking for oil and flawed gem drops. Did not realize they come from salvage.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I do think it would be cool if the mobs surrounding the Anvil and Hellforge would drop crafting materials or locate some chests in that area that contained oils, gems, and tokens. Guarantee a few craft scrolls at these areas.

To get rid of some screen clutter, on gold drops, remove the PIECES from GOLD PIECES to conserve screen space.
qndel
Global Mod

Post by qndel »

I like this idea
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Don't encourage me too much Qndel.

I have a whole bunch of suggestions I have been compiling over a while. I have kept quiet since your team is making a lot of progress and I don't want to muck up your current rollout plans with even more good ideas.
qndel
Global Mod

Post by qndel »

I'm always available on discord ;)