Duplication glitch with Belzebub?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
P99Chan

Duplication glitch with Belzebub?

Post by P99Chan »

I was wondering if you can do the duplication glitch like in the vanilla game? i tried it on Belzebub and it didn't work, then i mounted my diablo iso and load up the vanilla diablo game. I performed the glitch in just 2 tries, did Belzebub patch that?
Juggernought

Re: Duplication glitch with Belzebub?

Post by Juggernought »

I think, Noktis don't like cheaters. Original Diablo had some bugs, like dupe glitch or varying damage when attack from some directions. The belzebub uses own engines, imho, another coordinates calculation system, some memory encryption and protection against cheaters. You can edit some money, oil, gems when you take it with cursor. But there is some hacking checks too.
P99Chan

Post by P99Chan »

Juggernought wrote: 14 Jul, 2020 18:06 I think, Noktis don't like cheaters. Original Diablo had some bugs, like dupe glitch or varying damage when attack from some directions. The belzebub uses own engines, imho, another coordinates calculation system, some memory encryption and protection against cheaters. You can edit some money, oil, gems when you take it with cursor. But there is some hacking checks too.
Thx for the reply
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Very quickly on, loot drops of good equipment are so prevalent that duping is not necessary.

If you want to share equipment between characters, just place those items in the Stash Chest for each character to equip as needed. When you find a new and better one you can keep the old one as a backup or whatever.

If you are new... any class can complete Normal difficulty with the loot drops as they are.

New character, any class: Begin with the starter equipment and some gold to buy potions. Start first quests and complete Cathedral levels. Sell everything for gold to use to identify items. Sell items when they break as long as you have replaced with a better item. Goal is to get two rings and an amulet, a decent magic weapon, shield and armor, and a distance weapon or staff with charged bolt or another distance damage spell. Also, collect an equipment build with +MAG that can be equipped for reading spell books to gain spell levels; swap with better +MAG as you come by them. Obviously weapon as class or good staves for mage. Mage needs mana regen ASAP. Pretty soon, the quests will yield special unique items that will get you through the end game and kill Diablo. Gold is the hardest most needed commodity to come by in Normal difficulty. Replay dungeon levels to farm equipment, gold, spell books, and experience. At Normal, the only loot to save is the quest items, gold, and spell books. You could play with crafting if you would like, but most first tier crafting items are quickly outgrown. PS: DO NOT complete the Hall of Bone and Golem Quest until you reach Torment and have maxxed out your spell levels.

Nightmare: Same quests, but now only rare items drop. Maybe you will find some partial set items, uniques, and useful rares. Higher level spell books drop. You will build some wealth at this level by farming the lower dungeons. Just get passes this to Hell difficulty as quickly as you can.

Hell: Things become more difficult. By now, you should have worked out an optimum build to kill Diablo in Nightmare. You probably have a complete set or two, some good uniques to equip as needed, and various rings, amulets, and belts or helmets that give resistances and power leach. All classes will use a lot of spells to break down mobs. Mostly now, you are farming experience to level up your primary stats. Most will face Diablo several times before defeating the Dark Lord.

Torment: Finally, you are where Belzebub gets interesting. Normal is all about the quests and story. Torment is about the character build and mass carnage.

After getting into Torment, there are very few reasons to go back to the first three difficulties. 1) to complete the Hall of Bone and Golem Quest, 2) to find a few unique magic items for a collection, 3) to equip sets or equipment builds that aren't up to Torment quality and play at $PLAYER 10 monster level.