Barbarian and rogue tactics

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
D1sfigur3d

Barbarian and rogue tactics

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Hey everyone there,
Been playin the game for a couple of month now, beat hell with sorc, nightmare with warrior, then got bored a bit and started off a barb and a rouge.
So basically it goes smooth enough with the barb but for range attack mobs, especially those succubus on hell levels, always a pain the ass running after them. My warrior does not experience such trouble due to charge skill which allows him to close with a target quick. Any hints for the barb on that? Do i have to make advantage of something else? Currently my barb is lvl 35 and just beat diablo on nightmare, equipped with rattlecage armor and lightsabre and medusa shield for cannot be frozen modifier, dealing over 1200 dps with 32% crit chance and 400% crit damage. Any hints for hell difficulty? Already have stoneskin and dragonslayer armor in my stash. What about a good weapon? Chernobog claw which i found with my sorc seems to be underpowered due to low speed and no ITS. Another real pain the ass for him is a combination of lightning enchanted and poison enchanted and behemoth mobs, what do u guys do with them?
As for my rogue, shes now in nightmare caves, equipped with iratha set and demon machine crossbow with almost 100% piercing attack totally. Got bow of the dead as well. Whats better? ITS vs almost 100% piercing? BTW got heartseeker in stash waiting for char to reach lvl37. Feel like there gonna be a trouble on hell levels because of my weak golem as he is magic dependent, dies too fast. Is there a way to get a strong golem for rouge?
Thank u guys for ur advises!
Brimer

Re: Barbarian and rogue tactics

Post by Brimer »

Hi!
For hell difficulty with my barb, I did many infested cell runs and ended up with the sword The Sever, Edge of Brutallus, which is a very good sword. When I was overpowered for infested cellar runs (and the experience was poor) I started doing Izual runs (very fun runs indeed). Izual hell can drop very good items, including lvl 50 uniques such as Stormshield. Try to get the sword: Fang of cerberus and collect as many Trang-oul pieces as you can. In order to do diablo runs on hell, you will need to be very strong. The complete Trang-oul set is superb and cannot be frozen (using raven frost ring) is not crucial since the set has "half freeze duration". Gamble rings for the money you collect. Also, if you get 200+% faster hit recovery, diablo's knock back does not work. Succumbs are no problem when you have faster run/walk items. You can also teleport and kill them. Good Luck!
D1sfigur3d

Re: Barbarian and rogue tactics

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Thank u Brimer for ur hints!
I already found the edge of brutalus sword, waiting for my barb to get few levels up. Currently im thinkin to get back to my sorc and try to clear torment, so i could also find some better gear for my barb and rogue.