XP tables imbalance + Loot in +difficulties

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
1plus1makes3

XP tables imbalance + Loot in +difficulties

Post by 1plus1makes3 »

Hi.

It seems that there is a clear experience difference between certain mobs. Eg. certain stronger mobs give less xp than weaker mobs. Maybe this can be fixed with some minor tweaking? Don't know if xp tables can be modified, but this is purely a suggestion.

I have seen that in the catacombs on normal, certain weak mobs may give eg. 300 xp, where another mob, with about 5x the hp, and a little more dmg, may give 30.

The problem might lie in the fact that the mlvl of the mob may be lower, and thus reduce the xp that the mob may give. So, it could be solved by simply lowering the weaker mobs mlvl, or increasing the others' mlvl.

Secondly, the gear received in nightmare/hell is not worth compared to just running hell lvl 16. Maybe the loot tables can be modded to adjust this, by better loot chances in nightmare and hell, and much less in normal. This will force players to delve in the harder parts of the Diablo - Awake, to reach for the better loot, since everyone seems to just do lvl 16 runs on normal.
VampireKiller

Post by VampireKiller »

Not to burst your bubble, plus, but the reason loot runs are best done on Norm is because the drops aren't affected by difficulty. Its not worth the extra effort you need to drop almost 2k HP Blood Knights in Hell difficulty for an upgrade when it can drop in Norm as well.

That being said, the XP table progression and mlvl does catch me a little off...
Other than that, I see no problem here.... yet.....
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

I didn't change anything in the exp table. Ive got an idea about drop on nightmare/hell but i need to think about it yet.
1plus1makes3

Post by 1plus1makes3 »

VampireKiller wrote:Not to burst your bubble, plus, but the reason loot runs are best done on Norm is because the drops aren't affected by difficulty. Its not worth the extra effort you need to drop almost 2k HP Blood Knights in Hell difficulty for an upgrade when it can drop in Norm as well.
Yes, but drops are affected by mlvl and plvl. Restricting mlvl drops to those of mobs in nightmare and hell will force players to delve into the harder parts of the game for uber gear. Otherwise, everyone just farms normal lvl 16, since it is sort of a cop out of the harder parts of the game. I believe the mod was made for a greater challenge :).
VampireKiller wrote:That being said, the XP table progression and mlvl does catch me a little off...
Other than that, I see no problem here.... yet.....
This is nothing serious though. Just that mobs spawning have various mlvls on a certain floor. Im purely suggesting raising the tougher mobs' mlvl, or vice versa, to balance the xp distribution. I believe the max xp is capped on 5k anyways, until plvl>=(mlvl+2), or something like that.

This is also in no way a serious thing! So, the only thing that I believe need some balancing is the loot distribution, which Noktis seems have an idea on! :)[/quote]
VampireKiller

Post by VampireKiller »

Just an FYI for you, plus, EXP cap is set according to your character's current level, multiplied by 200. There is no such cap in Single Player, but since you may not be able to access the area you want*Like, say you want Hell instead of that crappy Church, but you HAVE to go through all the other areas before you can get there*, not to mention enemy HP is the same in SP as in MP, it might be a better deal to take the fight to Diablo with friends. Especially considering Hell difficulty, that thing is a nightmare X_X I've only done Hell/Hell twice, and its crazy difficult. Most of those guys have over 1k HP, which was a BIG difference from original D1, where practically NOTHING but Bosses had 1k HP.

EDIT : Idea for the loot tables. Why not implement a feature restricted to Hell difficulty where no MLVL checks are made for determining what items drop, something I was used to from The Hell mod? Might help make Hell difficulty actually become viable, as you could get a range of good affixes from early on in that, perhaps as early as deep lv. Church or early Cats
dragnous

comment on the drop rate in difficulties

Post by dragnous »

Noktis wrote:I didn't change anything in the exp table. Ive got an idea about drop on nightmare/hell but i need to think about it yet.
i think this would be much better. It only makes sence to have better "godly" gear drop in hell mode. i no personally i dont ever play on nightmare or hell mode because there is no point to it. exp gain on special mobs is not a big deal in my eyes but higher drop rate would be cool :P. maybe lower end uniques could drop off special mobs in all difficulties, but the higher the difficulty the better items/drop rate occure????