Wall of text in the game (Patch v6.9)

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
LucienLechance

Wall of text in the game (Patch v6.9)

Post by LucienLechance »

So when I copy and paste the specified files from the 6.9 patch folder into the 6.5 version's folder, the game will start up, presumably in v6.9 after I copied over the files, replacing the previous ones. Yeah it will start up, but as soon as I make my character and actually enter the game, there's this wall of text, what looks like a list of the shrines actually, just posted up on the screen, blocking my view of my character and everything else on screen. And I can't close the text wall. v6.5 by itself works fine, but for some reason I can't patch it to v6.9 without that text wall just chilling there on my screen. What's up with that? It looks like a menu of some sort, but I can't close it or otherwise click it with my mouse, it's just there. Am I doing something wrong?
Last edited by LucienLechance on 17 Oct, 2019 3:06, edited 1 time in total.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Welcome to the forums!
You should be able to close all pop-up screens by hitting the Space Bar. If that doesn't work we'll come up with a work-around.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
LucienLechance

Pressing the space bar

Post by LucienLechance »

Pressing the space bar does nothing, the untouchable window won't go away. It looks to be a list of shrines and their effects, or least part of one; I can't scroll up or down on it along with not being able to click it. Am I doomed to never get the updates for Awake Mod?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Alright, well you can't blame me for hoping for the easy solution.
Go to Awake > Game_Data > Game_Settings and delete "settings.chuj" (as well as any other files you see wtih the .chuj suffix). You're going to have to reset your resolution afterward... which is kind of the point, hopefully even if it doesn't just get rid of the window it will collapse the game window to a manageable size and you'll be able to see the Close Window X again.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1